So, anyone else get this?

Pooly93

So I was playing COD:MW2 earlier, I'm not to bad at it, but I'm not that good either. Regardless I keep playing because I'm trying to hit prestige for the first time and I get a game where the enemy team does nothing but camp with snipers, still I carried on to get experience even though we lost.

Then after the game I get a message from someone off the other team saying I was shit at COD because I was Welsh and I was an orphan.

After reading this I was like wut? Me being Welsh now inhibits my ability to play games does it? After a few messages sent between us I generally just make an idiot of the kid and all he has to say to it is "yeah bt ur welsh"

I just filed a complaint and blocked communications after this because of how stupidly funny it was.

I find it pathetically funny that I only have to speak in gamechat sometimes for people to start screaming at me because I'm Welsh.

But anyway, point of the topic, how many people get insulted because of the country their from?

That's nothing. I had some guy following me around for about a month just trying to annoy me just because I was Welsh. He even kept creating different accounts just to send me messages after I blocked him.

Thats going way past an annoying message or 2, thats flat out harassment and Microsoft does suspend/ban those people. I truly hope you reported him.

That's nothing. I had some guy following me around for about a month just trying to annoy me just because I was Welsh. He even kept creating different accounts just to send me messages after I blocked him.

Wow, I knew people on XBL could be idiots but that just pushes it, some people are beyond weird online though I guess.

Though I at least prefer being insulted for being Welsh, some American kid kept calling me an Irish potato picker before because one of my friends betrayed him on Halo. Then another time two kids who sounded like Cletus from The Simpsons kept messaging me and joining my games to ask a crapload of stupid questions like if I liked tea and crumpets and if I listened to The Beatles because I live in Britain -_-

And yeah, anytime I get a message from someone who acts like a prat I always file complaint and block in the end like I said in my first post xD

It has happened to everybody numerous times granted they had their Xbox for more than a hour.

I have had the small little stuff like "shut up you nerd."

I have had the medium stuff like "you can't talk b/c you are a stupid Jew who killed Jesus."

I have had the big stuff which is just plain out weird and stalkerish. I was once friends with this guy and cousin (they seemed normal), but after a while I saw that the guy was crazy (his cousin was just a little 12 year old who followed his older cousin). After playing for 3 months and dealing with his craziness, I went on a week vacation and when I got back he had removed me from his friends list then sent me a message yelling at me saying that I removed him and so on. After that I just cut all ties and went about my gaming business. Over right? WRONG, the little cousin had all his friends file a complaint and bad player review on me. They both sent numerous messages, which I never responded to, filed complaints, submitted a payer review, and then I block communications. Not responding was the worst thing I can do to them, these are the kind that get their jollies from getting a reaction from people. So they made new accounts (at least 10) over the time sending messages and threats. I did the same thing not respond, file complaint, submit player review, and block communications on them all. It stopped for a few months, then 1 year after we stopped playing and when this all started I get more messages from them. I mean you have got to be fucking some sort of lunatic if after a year you still are sending messages. I have not gotten a message since the ''year anniversary'' one which happened in March.

Moral of the story, most people are usually harmless and just a bunch of pussies that talk shit b/c they can get away with it.

Edited by Fishman

You should had said to him! (in austrilian accent) OY! you want to 1 v 1 me! i will pown you! Ur an orphan and suck at call of duty!. just ignore them its just text nothing real.! its all in your head

thats no good, if he somehow, loses, then the other guy will be bothering a LOT more.

the best thing to do is ignore them and block communications.

it happens to me all the time, im from mexico and i got messages of people saying that all mexicans should die, or stop crossing the border, and things like that.

(Im a real mexican living in mexico, so dont bash saying i crossed the border or something, i do hate those mexicans, they give us all bad reputation)

I find if people are sad enough to first: get angry over a video game and second: send me a message, then they are some sorry strange little person unworthy of a response. I just block and file complaint... usually pisses them off more when they don't receive a message back.

I've never been constantly harassed/followed by anyone though that takes the cake...

Me and my mates cop it a bit too, because we're Aussie. How many times I've told them my barbie is full, or riding kangaroos is as retarded as Americans riding bald eagles, I don't know.

thats no good, if he somehow, loses, then the other guy will be bothering a LOT more.

the best thing to do is ignore them and block communications.

it happens to me all the time, im from mexico and i got messages of people saying that all mexicans should die, or stop crossing the border, and things like that.

(Im a real mexican living in mexico, so dont bash saying i crossed the border or something, i do hate those mexicans, they give us all bad reputation)

Yeah true. You should not care about what people say about mexicans. its just stupid stereo type, you should not hate those mexicans.! and don't call them "mexican" just call them people beacuse that what they are, if you say those type of mexican them thats being a hypocrite.

If you get on any massive multiplayer game like Halo, Gears, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc you'll find the same people every time. Block, avoid, file complaint, do what you gotta do but you'll always find people out there that are douche bags.

You just have to grow a thicker skin sometimes and realize it's Xbox Live, who gives a sheet?

I really don't have this problem since I'm white and have an American sounding voice. Really the only reason people go out of their way to talk bad on me is when I pwn them in Halo or CoD. I feel sorry for people who have foreign (to me) accents as most people who hate are punk 10 year old americans. My advice is to play it off like you are impersonating the accent. I bet you could have a lot of fun with that :)

I really don't have this problem since I'm white and have an American sounding voice. Really the only reason people go out of their way to talk bad on me is when I pwn them in Halo or CoD. I feel sorry for people who have foreign (to me) accents as most people who hate are punk 10 year old americans. My advice is to play it off like you are impersonating the accent. I bet you could have a lot of fun with that :)

Ya thats about the only time i get nasty msg. Its just a game and people take it way to far some times.:mad: Most of my friends will mass msg to have some one thats messing with them banned which works also I guess.:)

i got insulted once for being British, apparently i sit around all day drinking tea... i do but thats not the point, they werent even that clever (they were both from US) and one of them told me to outside and shove the eiffel tower into a certain orafice - i then told him i was from England and then he refered me to the Empire State Building... but anyway i thanked them for the Epic Lolz