Mortal Kombat is finished (armageddon was the last one!)

KilluhKam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/mortalkombatarmageddon/news.html?sid=6145014&mode=press

"As the final chapter of Mortal Kombat on current generation gaming platforms, we're eager to raise the bar for the fighting genre yet again with Mortal Kombat: Armageddon,"

I cant find the interview with Ed Boon talking about the next gen games, but theres proof that there will be more Kombat!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
the only way i can see a mortal kombat game comming out on the 360 is if they port over armageddon, as they said themselves that MK Armageddon will be the last one made.

Actually the producers said that MK armageddon was the last one for the current gen. The next gen console will get a MK just with new characters.

• 2 months later...

I really hope they are gonna keep the coolest characters around in the next game, at least as unlockables or something, or otherwise they really need to pull of a new group of awesome fighters, which seems a quite hard task given that the old ones were so great.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MK is not finished. Boon just said he's done with this generation of MK. He's starting anew and he stated that the main main characters might still make it into the next-gen of MK. But everything else will be scrapped. He wants a new direction for the story and the biggest thing he's changing is the level of combat. He has said little so far as to what he means by that but he said he was taken aback by the content of Gears of War.

He also stated that he'd imagine the game'd be finished around "November-ish 2008".

Btw I just hope there are no ranked or super-time-consuming achievements for MK8. Cause knowing Boon he'll probably make some Gears-like time-consuming achievements. "Perform 1000 Online Ranked Fatalities" or some crap like "Perform 100,000 Total Combos in Super-Ranked Matches."

Whatever, as long as he doesn't do something like kill Liu Kang this time around, I'm set... well, and as long as Sub-Zero's a god!

• 2 weeks later...
MK 2 was the best out of the series IMO. They killed it with MK4 and every one beyond that. Except Trilogy, which was the best compilation.

Most of the new characters they brought out were LAME.

I hope they keep Kung Lao and Scorpion though.

Kung Lao, are you serious? His moves are lame in my opinion. Lui Kang and Scorpion are must keeps. It'll slightly dampen the experience if some of my favourite characters don't appear in the game in sexy high definition graphics :(

from anything ive heard / read, its gonna be a whole revamp on what is current MK.

armegeddon is the end of last gen MK, and 360 PS3 and maby wii will host the new MK games, which is supposed to use the unreal engine that GOW and UT3 use, it will be a darker goryer game.

all new fighters, all old ones? i dont care, ill buy it on release day.