Anyone got Lord of Darkness yet?

Done For You

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got it. After losing again to #49 today, and than next time got to 59. Seems, The Miz at the last opponent is my doom or something. Bastard.

At #20, I started using finishers. Would have 3 saved up, and used one, than when I could would pin them, and by than had a Signature. Used that on next guy, kept going till pinned them. So, would usually have 2 or 3 finishers. Kept going with the running DDT thing. Knowing how to counter definitely helps.

#40-50, I ran and did a DDT, than when they got up, hit a finisher. So to weaken them, and kept going till a pin. Sometimes lucked out, and would hit a finisher and they'd be K.O.ed

Glad at #50, that it was Sin Cara, and had 2 finishers stored. Hit a running DDT, and 2 finishers to be sure it was done. Pinned him, and got the damn thing finally.

Took me at least 15-20 tries over the course of the days, for this thing.

Good luck to others, keep at it.

Well after about 10 tries and a lot of frustration (and 1 particularly angry moment when I got pinned at 48 and had to restart) I finally got this achievement

What I did was, for the first like 5 or so wrestlers I just built up my finishers so that I had 3 in stock...once I did that, around wrestler 16 I had a strategy where I'd start off with a finisher, attack them with punches until I got my signature, used the sig then pinned them...it worked for me...if you try this method out, they will reverse you...but you should be able to get to at least 40 without going past yellow damage...after 45 it's honestly all about luck because the CPU gets CRAZY with reversals, also on 50 I used all the finishers I have stored (I only had 2 because I messed up on 49 and 50 managed to kick out)

One moment I was hype about was I finally made it to wrestler 50 (Andre the Giant) and, by this time, I was just completely beaten up...my head was red, my body was orange and even my arms were yellow...well Andre manages to knock me down and starts to pin me...the bar was so tiny but I somehow managed to kick out right before the 3-count...once I did that I just barraged him with punches, got my signature and managed to pin him after that

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't find it that hard. I got to 52 on my first attempt and it unlocked. Hollywood Hulk Hogan made me submit at 52. All I did was use running ddt twice or once until they were on the mat. Then just use the targeting system and knee their head continuously. Usually I got to knee their head twice before they got back up (though weaker stars allowed for three times). Take them down one more, lock on the submission head hold (hold A near their head) and mass buttons. If they use a resiliency, take them down again and lock on the same submission until they tap. Didn't even take me an hour to get the achievement (30 minutes at most).

They do get slightly harder at 40 and up but if you're good/ half decent at reversing it's not too bad. Just keep finishers stored in case one guy gets the edge over you.

I got it. For me, the trick was to stack up on finishers, and finish guys as quickly as possible to keep my health intact. What I liked to do was try and save a signature for the next match, use said signature, and finish off the opponent with some submissions so I can free up the finisher for when I need it. Took me several tries, but I eventually go up to around 57 I think.

It actually wasn't that hard, I got it on my first try. You just have to keep the three finishers with you and just always pin them when you get your signature move, so you get your finisher back that you wasted. I had maybe one close call, but wasn't too bad.

Had more issues with beating the Undertaker than defending the streak.

• 2 weeks later...
I got to 48 and Ricky Steamvoat turned into superman and beat the hell out of me and I had barely any damage when I got to him too. Made me never want to play again, but I'm heading back to win! No quitting!

This mode is a cake walk when you compare it to defeat the streak.....The key point to remember is the early game.....Get the three stored finishers as fast as you can so that once a new guy comes in you hit them with one and if they are weak they will auto KO and if they are strong you keep doing running DDT attack and stomping on them till you get your sig hit them with that and go for the pin....

In the late game 40-50 the AI starts waking up and trying to go for your finisher as soon as they enter the ring will not work as often in which case you have to open up with a running DDT or two and then use the wake up taunt to set up your finisher.....

Also an extra handy tip never go for the pin after the finisher as that will cancel a KO if you where to get one and most of the time they kick out anyway....

This mode is a cake walk when you compare it to defeat the streak.....The key point to remember is the early game.....Get the three stored finishers as fast as you can so that once a new guy comes in you hit them with one and if they are weak they will auto KO and if they are strong you keep doing running DDT attack and stomping on them till you get your sig hit them with that and go for the pin....

In the late game 40-50 the AI starts waking up and trying to go for your finisher as soon as they enter the ring will not work as often in which case you have to open up with a running DDT or two and then use the wake up taunt to set up your finisher.....

Also an extra handy tip never go for the pin after the finisher as that will cancel a KO if you where to get one and most of the time they kick out anyway....

I was doing the first part of that advice, but not the second. The wake up taunt is something I never use. I'm going to heed your advice! :)

I was doing the first part of that advice, but not the second. The wake up taunt is something I never use. I'm going to heed your advice! :)

Wake up is very, very handy in defend the streak.....Even more so on defeat the streak as what the undertaker can do to you if you try to do a normal pick up to set up your finisher......

• 3 weeks later...

This was the last achievement I needed. Very frustrating and time consuming.

Took me 6 tries

1st- 37 (started playing thinking I only needed to get to 30)

2nd- 46

3rd- 32

4th-42

5th- 46

6th- 64 (I was watching/listening to YouTube videos on my phone while playing because I can't stand listening to the commentators for an hour, and after 50 I just kept playing until the video I was listening to was over.)

I never lost by pinfall, it was always a submission to the body. The only advice I can give is to keep trying and use strategies that people already mentioned.

The last 5 people for me were always tough/annoying guys to beat (Brock, big show, etc.) but on my 64 run I got luck to get weaker/easier guys to beat.

If you keep your health under orange, use finishers and sigs efficiently, and are decent at reversing then this is only a matter if time.

Good luck to anyone who's going for it because I know I'm glad I finally beat this after multiple frustrating attempts.

Edited by Baseball Jr

This was the last achievement I needed. Very frustrating and time consuming.

Took me 6 tries

1st- 37 (started playing thinking I only needed to get to 30)

2nd- 46

3rd- 32

4th-42

5th- 46

6th- 64 (I was watching/listening to YouTube videos on my phone while playing because I can't stand listening to the commentators for an hour, and after 50 I just kept playing until the video I was listening to was over.)

I never lost by pinfall, it was always a submission to the body. The only advice I can give is to keep trying and use strategies that people already mentioned.

The last 5 people for me were always tough/annoying guys to beat (Brock, big show, etc.) but on my 64 run I got luck to get weaker/easier guys to beat.

If you keep your health under orange, use finishers and sigs efficiently, and are decent at reversing then this is only a matter if time.

Good luck to anyone who's going for it because I know I'm glad I finally beat this after multiple frustrating attempts.

Yeah you just need to keep a cool head and not pin after hitting a finisher as it will block the KO....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got the achievement now. This is what I did:

First, I changed all of Taker's moves to do head damage and I changed the down taunt to something fast so you can get sigs and finishers. If you want, I uploaded the moveset I used on live (just look for my GT). Then whenever I got a sig, I used it. I saved 3 finishers (you can't go over 3). So when I got the sig, used it, when it showed I had 3 finishers saved, I used one of them. Use a lot of striking and reverse a ton. When you get over 40, they change the reversal speed to be a bit slower, so watch out for that. My only problem with this thing is I didn't get HBK to unlock the other achievement.

I just got the achievement now. This is what I did:

First, I changed all of Taker's moves to do head damage and I changed the down taunt to something fast so you can get sigs and finishers. If you want, I uploaded the moveset I used on live (just look for my GT). Then whenever I got a sig, I used it. I saved 3 finishers (you can't go over 3). So when I got the sig, used it, when it showed I had 3 finishers saved, I used one of them. Use a lot of striking and reverse a ton. When you get over 40, they change the reversal speed to be a bit slower, so watch out for that. My only problem with this thing is I didn't get HBK to unlock the other achievement.

You do not have to change to move set you just have to get the tactic right......

• 4 weeks later...

Just started it, but I don't understand people saying just use the punch technique or the DDT technique. Towards the end, they just counter those for fun.

Submission way has proved the best for me so far.

Edit - This mode is bollocks. Just got to number 48, all black with only my chest orange. Had 2 finishers stored. Darren Brown just wiped the floor with me. Reveresed both my finishers, put me in three submissions, I had to use resiliance, and then the second time I submitted.

Fucking joke.

Edit 2- Second go. Number 47, got submitted by Big Show. They just reverse for fun, then submit you. Nothing you can do.

Edited by Lavindathar

Just started it, but I don't understand people saying just use the punch technique or the DDT technique. Towards the end, they just counter those for fun.

Submission way has proved the best for me so far.

Edit - This mode is bollocks. Just got to number 48, all black with only my chest orange. Had 2 finishers stored. Darren Brown just wiped the floor with me. Reveresed both my finishers, put me in three submissions, I had to use resiliance, and then the second time I submitted.

Fucking joke.

Edit 2- Second go. Number 47, got submitted by Big Show. They just reverse for fun, then submit you. Nothing you can do.

The DDT technique is when you do a running grapple or two and then go for the pin.....When I did it I would first build up my finishers on the first guy and then hit the stored and wait to see if it is a KO.....if its not then go for the pin and then get the finisher back and mix the use of sig moves and finisher move.....The closer you get to 50 the harder they get but some still KO on the first finisher.....And as you get to the last five taking your time is key.

I got it done in the end. Ended up getting to 60 something.

Got to 45 completely in the black. However, I only used the running DDT as they enter the ring, then one more as they try to get back up from that. After that, I used his 4 punch/stun grapple combo or the flying clothesline (which can't be reversed, only dodged).

The clothsline is amazing. Not being reversed makes it so much easier. Took me five attempts, which was far more than I wanted . Oh well, 1000g now.