December GwG

"Here guys, have a partial game, on the house. K, Thx, Bye."

Can't complain, it's free I guess. Unless you want to play the whole game. Oh wait, that's a trial.

Well to be fair to the game it does come in parts just like the walking dead game and when that game was free you only got part one free as well....So if you look at it that way it is cheaper to get this game in full than it is walking dead....even with the free part ;).

Well to be fair to the game it does come in parts just like the walking dead game and when that game was free you only got part one free as well....So if you look at it that way it is cheaper to get this game in full than it is walking dead....even with the free part ;).

The walking dead was not a gwg, it was simply free. This IS a gwg, and we are offered only a partial game.. thoroughly disappointing.

The walking dead was not a gwg, it was simply free. This IS a gwg, and we are offered only a partial game.. thoroughly disappointing.

It is true that The walking dead is not a GWG but having said that if it ever way a GWG they still would not put all the eps down for GWG they would have just done the first one or the first two......

The only difference here is that this game only has three eps and the walking dead has about five (might be more or less not looked into it really).

...guys this DOES suck but keep in mind that MSoft has a history of giving away games that might be complete, but still have a lot of DLC that you have to buy if you TRULY want to complete them...such as Red Faction, Saints Row 3, Iron Brigade, Toy Soldiers, and more. This is essentially the same thing...and it is NO coincidence that they gave away Worms on Xbox One...just as new paid-for DLC is released.

I just started playing this shitty game and got bored in less than five minutes, not even worth the try unless you want to rack up 10 hours played for Xbox Live Rewards credits or you want achievements that badly.

...guys this DOES suck but keep in mind that MSoft has a history of giving away games that might be complete, but still have a lot of DLC that you have to buy if you TRULY want to complete them...such as Red Faction, Saints Row 3, Iron Brigade, Toy Soldiers, and more. This is essentially the same thing...and it is NO coincidence that they gave away Worms on Xbox One...just as new paid-for DLC is released.

Not the same, those games were still playable and entertaining even without the DLC, this is not.

This might be the first GwG game that I don't have, I won't download. There's dlc, then there's the game itself. How can they even offer up a partial game as free?

Deathblow, here's the thing though.Those were "complete" games.Of course its almost a certainty they would have dlc.We get the games and it's pretty universally known, they may have dlc.

If they would have done the Raven episodes, like the Walking Dead ( ie offer up the freebies outside of the GwG program) , then all would be well. As it stands now, this is nothing more than an incomplete game.Thanks but no thanks.

At least I have the X1 game to look forward to.

...I realize the GwG offers are "complete" games but MSoft KNOWS thousands of people like to complete, or max out gamerscore on games...and I truly believe that this is why they have been giving away games that have several paid-for DLC's.

Think about this too...how many people who are "completionists"...DO NOT have XBL Gold accounts? I would say very very very few. So MSoft gives out games that have lots of paid-for DLC knowing full well that people will buy the DLC to 'complete' the.

In giving out an episodic release's base chapter...but charging you for the rest...they have essentially done the same thing as an episodic release (at its core). Example,...you play and finish episode 1...and have to buy the rest to finish the story. If you are given a free 'complete' game but have to buy the DLC's to technically complete it...then its is merely semantics in the eyes of MSoft.

That's absolutely spot on.Picture this.. If I buy nothing vs buying dlc for a free game, who wins? The Devs and pubs do.Of course that's if I decide to buy any dlc.Having the game free, is more of an enticement to buy any additional content, versus having to buy the game and any dlc.

It's all part of a scheme.Im not saying there's anything nefarious behind it. I just mean to hint at, it's more of an enticement than anything. Something, rather than nothing is way better than no sale at all right :).

Edit:I have Walking Dead 1&2 and Wolf Amg on 360, One and Ps3.Some episodes were free.It didn't matter to me much, but any freebie is nice.I'm pretty sure the other Raven episodes will go on sale pretty soon.Who knows I may pick up ep 1 since it's free.I have FAR too many games to worry about this one though... backlog is killer.

Edited by Baki54

...I will say this though, many of the games they have given away as part of this program have been excellent. Obviously not all of them have been...but many have. Hitman was a very good game...Dead Rising 2 is a good game...and there have been many more...so the overall worth of this program is solid but there is a back-end business angle here that people should know and understand. We vote with our dollars...so if the "Gold Members" want games that don't have this episodic/DLC angle...then download them but don't buy the excess stuff.

I just started playing this shitty game and got bored in less than five minutes, not even worth the try unless you want to rack up 10 hours played for Xbox Live Rewards credits or you want achievements that badly.

Not the same, those games were still playable and entertaining even without the DLC, this is not.

I have to disagree with you there mate it might have a slow start but I found it to be fun and a lot like the older point and click adventure games from back In the day.