Best Character To Start Using

My opinions on the characters mentioned:

Batman - Easy character to pick up. He's versatile because he can play the ranged game and rush people down, which one to do kind of depends on the match. His combos are relatively easy to learn compared to the rest of the cast and he does above average damage.

Green Arrow - I don't recommend him for beginners. You have to be able to micro manage his arrows and open people up, on top of being able to defend yourself well when your stuff gets blocked sooner or later. I'd say Green Arrow is an intermediate-level character. But hey, if you try him and something clicks, by all means just pick him up and learn him.

Nightwing - He's a deep character because his trait is a stance switch with a whole other move list, so that can be intimidating for a newbie. I think he's beginner-level to pick up but intermediate to advanced to really know how to play. You'll be able to play him just in Escrima stance for a while but if you wanted to really get good at him you have to know when to use which stance and do combos that switch from stance to stance. I recommend trying him out for sure.

Just some other recommendations:

Aquaman - His trait pretty much is a get out of jail free card that you can press to stop being combo'd on the ground. That combined with the fact he's a versatile character (solid ranged game, solid up close) makes him a prime choice. His combos aren't hard either.

Green Lantern - He's a simple character with very easy combos. Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. Well, he's a master of scooping people out of the air with Lantern's Might, but not much else.

Personally when I play fighting games I like to try everyone (in general if I have any kind of choice I like to weigh my options, I'm weird like that) and figure out how I like/want to play. I tend to enjoy being in my opponent's face so I play people like Batman, Superman, and Catwoman. Try to figure out how you like to play, because if there's one thing this game has, it's unique characters that cover a variety of styles.

Edited by D.A.N.

My friend has the strategy guide for this game and it says Aquaman is the best character for starters and those who are new to fighters.

THIS. My girlfriend isn't all that great at fighters but she can be a threat with Aquaman. That trident is nasty.

Try cyborg. He has like 4 moves but dear god their effective. Keepaway is the name of the game. He has great projectiles beaten only by deadpool and his anti air is superb. Throw in his easy to use super and learn about 2 of his combos and you too can have a great w/l

Or you could scrub it out with Deadpool or spam that nasty ass trident with Aqualad.

Aquaman and Cyborg are both pretty good for beginners and you can get pretty good with them after a while in Practice Mode. My wife has never picked up a fighting game, and she's already good with Cyborg.

I've been playing with Green Arrow a lot, and I like him. That being said, you have to learn what ALL the other characters do, what they play like and have a strategy against them. Grab characters, you don't want them to get close, so use his Savage Blast to open up space. I have yet to find a use for his Sky Alert moves since they shoot STRAIGHT up and down, except for the Meter Burn versions since it doubles the number of arrows. Meter Burn Savage Blast is great if you want to open up a LOT of room. If they don't block it, same goes for the Stinger move. If they DO block it, you're in for a world of pain. Same with Hurricane Bow. Use it as part of a combo ONLY. If it's blocked, you're just standing there asking to be pummeled. He's got some good combos that don't leave you wide open if they're blocked, too. A properly timed freeze arrow comes in handy.

Probably going to work on Green Lantern a bit later on today.

I found Raven to be easy. Play with her online putting people soul crush and singularity a few times. Plays a lot like Ermac from MK from what I hear.

I agree, Raven and Green Lantern are both like this.

Undisciplined players can be beaten almost solely by using Soul Crush/Lantern's Might correctly.

I agree, Raven and Green Lantern are both like this.

Undisciplined players can be beaten almost solely by using Soul Crush/Lantern's Might correctly.

Latern's Might/Meter Burn Lantern's Might with GL's character power tossed in is sick. That little bounce the CP gives it is just enough to launch into another combo.