How many times have you died and how?

xxgardengnomexx

I have died 3 times. I let Maya die to get the achievement. Marcus fell off a cliff broke his legs and zombies ripped him in half. Then I went up to the town in the northwest with a survivor I acquired moments earlier I dont remember here name. I got ambushed by at least 12 zombies and a feral. It didn't end well.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just once surprisingly, moral was down because of the investations and a lot of my characters (ones that I had played the most of on) went missing and I was forced to use a scrub. He was ripped in half by a feral:) and of course I sacrificed another for the achievement with the grenade before I finished.

Once on purpose for an achievement. and My best character Maya died on accident. i was so fucking pissed because i had maxed 4 out of 5 of her skills. whatever i just hope i didnt really need her for that 50 quests achievement thing because i should have unlocked that sucker before she died. oh well, i wont take this game as seriously now since my best character is dead, fuck it.

Just once with the camping guy who was a ballerina. I'd swapped over from Marcus who I had maxed out in all but shooting and ran into the first feral I'd seen.

Maya also died when I picked up her after she was lost. I decided to go loot since I had some backup there and I didn't realize she was hurt at the time.

Once on purpose for an achievement. and My best character Maya died on accident. i was so fucking pissed because i had maxed 4 out of 5 of her skills. whatever i just hope i didnt really need her for that 50 quests achievement thing because i should have unlocked that sucker before she died. oh well, i wont take this game as seriously now since my best character is dead, fuck it.

Yeah I agreed with you. I wish this game is like many open world games that allow you keep character you like best and keep all time. Look at Dead Island, Skyrim, Fallout, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, GTA and lots more and more that main character stick all way to end game. I like this rather then losing characters like horrible design in State of Decay. Game got many things is great but it is just characters that ruined game. That is my opinion. I knew GTA is not role-playing or other type for Open World but it got main character and keep all way not change. :)

What I do mean I want character you choose in main menu before start game like Dead Island series. Wish game have it or force main characters then you choose whoever you like before main quest after complete begin quest. Something like that and not losing characters. I wish State of Decay have this. I don't like losing main characters because then it become so much bored and annoyed after all. :)

But if losing characters you like they should have list on billboard in base so then you can bring it back life again after 24 hours in game as well keep levels that you leveling her or him up before dying so allow carry over when back to it's life in billboard to choose whichever characters is just died. This will be cool and save much trouble. :)

Edited by cheevo360

But the entire point of the game is to make something different. Every other game has a steady main character, this one doesn't have to have one too. This is not the type of game where you level up a character until he's an unstoppable god; the point of this game is for it to be a constant struggle. It's simulating the zombie apocalypse. If that's not your thing, you bought the wrong game. It's not a flaw in the design, it's what zombie fans have been asking for since forever. A game that actually feels like a real zombie movie, where anyone can die and everything can turn to shit at any time.

But the entire point of the game is to make something different. Every other game has a steady main character, this one doesn't have to have one too. This is not the type of game where you level up a character until he's an unstoppable god; the point of this game is for it to be a constant struggle. It's simulating the zombie apocalypse. If that's not your thing, you bought the wrong game. It's not a flaw in the design, it's what zombie fans have been asking for since forever. A game that actually feels like a real zombie movie, where anyone can die and everything can turn to shit at any time.

Nah I loved this game but it just better and even could option for half players who like change characters and not losing it and other option is just keep what game is normal in begin with allow losing and up to challenge. This is good idea though. :)

I lost two survivors, though I wasn't in control of them, but my influence still killed them.

Sent Maya on a scavenge run, and she got shredded by two zombie hordes not ~60m away from the church :D lol.

Went on a Freak hunt with Dennis, killed a Big Bastard and then when he was running back to the home base, he was ambushed by a huge horde, and killed himself with a grenade. Tried helping him with my .44 lever-action rifle, but I was too late. Epic explosion though :D

I'm shuddering at the thought of losing Marcus. He has ALL of his skills maxed, including shooting. The ultimate survivor, lol

Working my way towards 2 more ultimate survivors.

Edited by KriugerisLT

Three survivors of died, but I have only died twice.

Marcus was the first to go, on playthrough one, got cornered in a public restroom by a Feral, not a nice way to go.

Ed was second, he was constantly getting hurt without even leaving the base, so I sent him on his way with nothing but a Molotov, to get the blaze of glory type achievement.

The final death was Maya, on my second play-through we were doing a trade, but things went to hell in a hand-basket, when a barn we were cutting through was filled with zombies, two passing hordes decided to join in, and the zombies from a nearby house ran out to see what the commotion was, we nearly took them all down, but the final 8 or so took Maya down and she killed herself with a frag, which I didn't even know she had, taking the last few down with her.

Maya died... I pretty much decided that I like her the best and she'd be my main. 10 minutes later I'm acting like Rambo shootin' zeds up, start to scavenge for food in a fast-food restaurant, turn around and a feral is ripping me up.

I've been a lot more careful since.

Twice.

The first time, I had the 'Torn apart' achievement in mind, but I didn't honestly want to make it so easy as to just go get killed. So I just ignored that one for a while. Then, while still at the church, I was playing as Andy, one of the random nobodies, and there was a Juggernaut RIGHT IN THE DAMN DRIVEWAY. So needless to say, leaving via vehicle was not an option, and all I had was melee weapons...So...

LEEEEEEEEROOOOOYYYYYYY, JANNNNNNNKAAAANNNNNNZZZZZ!!!

And yeah. He tore me in half. lol

Second time I just used another nobody to do the Grenade sacrifice achievement.

1 time so far. And the guy was giving me his life story before he died. How he just stopped drinking before the zombies came. Then when I played as him he gets ripped to shreds.

Only twice so far, I lost Marcus on an Enclave defense mission i foolishly thought i could take them all on outside since they werent coming in, little did i know about Feral Zeds at the time that SoB tore me apart...

2nd time was Maya i think the military woman she just got swarmed by alot of Zeds and she died...

Im using Sam atm and she kicks ass!

Only once thankfully.

It was a new survivor I'd found called Kelly or something, and Marcus, Maya and Ed were all injured so I thought I'd give them a break.

Went out and a Feral came at me for the first time.

Needless to say when it tore me in half I made the wise decision to never go near one without a car again.