Splinter Cell not to be released until 2010

Delta V1p3r

According to the press page on www.splintercellconviction.com a subsidiary of Ubisoft, the game will not be releasing until 2010 at the earliest, or as they put it:

"Hopefully the game will be released in 2009 rather than 2010!"

This makes me sick to my stomach as I've been a long time fan of this series, and it seems that not a scrap of information has been given out yet.

Feel free to post your gripes below!

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've been a huge Splinter Cell fan for years. Read the books, played the games, and I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait that long, maybe even longer since "2010 at the earliest". But they'll have been working on it for several years by then and it better not be a let down.

I remember ages back my copy of Xbox World 360 Magazine saying how Splinter Cell Conviction had gone back to the drawing board, possibly because Ubisoft felt that the concept of how it was going to work seemed a bit dated by the time they had really got into the thick of it. I never seemed to find out anything like this on places I usually checked (IGN etc.) but then news of Splinter Cell Conviction died down.

Now all this stuff has recently shown up and I guess my trusty little unnoficial magazine was right.

It's kinda dissapointing, I agree. But honestly, I would much rather wait for this game to be perfected. I think most people believe that in stealth, it's down to Sam Fisher and Solid Snake, and since Conviction became a 360 exclusive it's even more the case now. Although SC:C will probably never reach the mass media fame of MGS4, I'd love for gamers on the 360 and PS3 to recognize Sam Fisher as being the ultimate stealthy killer :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The preview was a huge letdown. Not only did it look like an assassins creed test using the beloved Fisher, but that killed everything that splinter cell is. Splinter cell is the only game where you have that much control being a covert "ninja". Using shadows and objects to slip past the guards, not run away from them in broad daylight, fight hand to hand, and without gear.

I'm so glad this hasn't come out, and I hope they completely restarted. Please don't let us down Toronto, you have always been revolutionary in the franchise. And please, keep Altiar in his own franchise.

• 3 weeks later...
Couldn't be happier about this. I'm glad they scrapped Conviction's original plans, because it looked terrible. It wasn't Splinter Cell at all. I hope they return to their roots and give me the Chaos Theory sequel Double Agent was not.

Could not agree more, DA was my least favourite of all the SC games

without the sneaking and the shodows it wouldnt be splinter cell

and THE GOGGLES!!! they were one of the best aspects of the game, and i cant really see how they would be able to put anything like it in a stealth game played in broad daylight

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Couldn't be happier about this. I'm glad they scrapped Conviction's original plans, because it looked terrible. It wasn't Splinter Cell at all. I hope they return to their roots and give me the Chaos Theory sequel Double Agent was not.

Unfortunately, Conviction isn't going to look anything like Chaos Theory. It will be the same game that they shown at E3.