*spoiler* lechuck fight glitch???

last night i spent 40 minutes trying to give lechuck the damn hankechief, numerous times i had the hanky assigned to him in like half a second then i get teleported straight away where as if i wait and do nothing lechuck takes about 5 seconds to teleport me how do you give him the hanky?

I had a lot of problems with this action on the PC & Amiga, but actually found it easier on XBLA. Also, it's a lot easier in Special Edition mode than it is in Original Mode! If you select the White Hankie and wait for LeChuck to appear, then hit [A] on him when he says 'It's Voodoo time!' to Guybrush and is about to lift his arm up to attack the Kewpie doll. Almost everytime I've tried, it works! However, this could just be because I've played the game around fifty times over the past three months!

The timing of a lot of the puzzles differs in the XBLA version; they are almost instantaneous actions (eg, Spitting Contest flag move). In the previous versions, you had a lot more time to complete the actions.

Edited by tastefulmrship

Probably be best way to do it is go to a room in the complex (ideally the one with the broken crate where you start since lechuck can only come in one way there), open the inventory and select the handkerchief with the right trigger so it becomes the 'use on' icon and just wait for lechuck to appear, it vanishes when he enters but is still selected so you can quickly select him as soon as you get control back

I am at the same problem as frank above. it is probably right under my nose but i just can't seem to get that switch to chop his beard off. help me and put me out of my misery thanks.

edit: went back a save and saw that i didn't have both gloves filled up... just the baloon and 1 glove. now i just have to get the shot to work lol

Edited by theboycharlieb

I am at the same problem as frank above. it is probably right under my nose but i just can't seem to get that switch to chop his beard off. help me and put me out of my misery thanks.

edit: went back a save and saw that i didn't have both gloves filled up... just the baloon and 1 glove. now i just have to get the shot to work lol

i had the same problem, filling the second glove worked for me, thanks! :)

the best place to give the handkerchief is one of the end rooms (either the one you first come in by falling through, or the other side where the medical room is), or inside one of the rooms. that way, LeChuck can only come from one door. stand there with the hankie ready, right in front of the door, but not on the door so its not saying "use handkerchief on door", then as soon as you seem him start coming in, spam A or the right trigger like crazy and you should give it to him.

also i recommend saving the piece of his beard for last, because that way you will go up in the elevator where he cant get you, and you can easily make the voodoo doll in peace and get your syringe and doll ready before going back down.

Edited by shinobigarth

last night i spent 40 minutes trying to give lechuck the damn hankechief, numerous times i had the hanky assigned to him in like half a second then i get teleported straight away where as if i wait and do nothing lechuck takes about 5 seconds to teleport me how do you give him the hanky?

Getting the exact same thing on mine. Been at it for around 40 minutes and nothing! I'm getting so frustrated with this! Going to go to bed and try again tomorrow.

If I don't have anything selected, it gives me a few seconds to try and get him. If I'm sitting with the hanky ready, I get no time at all, barely even half a second.

EDIT: I tried switching it to classic mode and got it first time. It was just much easier having "Give" already selected. That's the full 200! Roll on Monkey Island 3!

Edited by fat_tony

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...