Overview

- Estimated Difficulty: 5/10

- Offline: 2/2 (50:gsicon:)

- Online: 0/2 (0:gsicon:)

- Approximate time to 50:gsicon:: 3-6 Hours Depending on Skill

- Glitched achievements: None

- Cost of DLC: $6.99/£5.49 OR Free w/ Season Pass

Introduction:

Welcome back, folks! The new Initiation DLC adds small amount of content to Arkham Origins. It features five new challenge maps and two additional costume skins: Initiation Bruce Wayne and Vigilante Bruce Wayne.

The Campaign challenge for the new maps offers an interesting, yet minor origins story to a young Bruce Wayne in his days before ever becoming the Batman. You will witness Bruce struggle through his martial arts training with hand-to-hand combat master, Kirigi, far away in a secluded mountaintop monastery and deep in a bamboo forest within North Korea's Paektu-San Mountains.

The Initiation DLC Pack costs $6.99/£5.49 on the Xbox Games Store, or FREE if you have already purchased the Season Pass. Lastly, there are also two new achievements tied to this DLC, both of which can be completed within a few hours of pure Arkham combat and the stealthy maneuvering on the Predator maps we all love and know.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

In order to begin working on the Initiation DLC achievements, you will have to first load the Challenge Mode through the Story Mode option of the Main Menu. From here, you can opt to play as either Initiation Bruce Wayne or Vigilante Bruce Wayne and tackle the 24 Original Ranked and 12 Original Campaign challenge maps. Upon successfully obtaining the 72 Ranked medals and 108 Campaign medals, both Bruce's Revenge and Campaign Ninja will unlock.

Although there is no achievement tied to the five new challenge maps, I would highly suggest experimenting with them, while also bringing your attention to the new "Rite of Passage" Campaign challenge map. This will ensure a unique experience of the short, yet interesting narrative included across the five new stages, while you battle in exotic locales that are both beautiful and mystifying.

Conclusion:

Overall, the Initiation DLC doesn't offer much, but fans of the Challenge Mode in Arkham games will find the content quite satisfying. So long as you obtain all the medals on the Original Ranked and Original Campaign challenge maps as either of the Bruce Wayne skins, completing this DLC will only take a few dedicated hours. Be sure to check out the new challenge maps as well and sit tight for the brand new Story DLC coming next year.

Edited by BiggD

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0oCLiGJhbC9FCAQYBR1YW1M4L2FjaC8wLzEyMQAAAADn5+f98HoN.jpg Bruce's Revenge 25:gsicon:

Obtain all 72 medals on the original Arkham Origins ranked maps (as Bruce Wayne)

AS OF THE APRIL 9TH TITLE UPDATE, THIS ACHIEVEMENT IS NO LONGER GLITCHED AND CAN BE OBTAINED WHILE PLAYING ONLINE.

Bruce Wayne's Ranked challenges are fairly similar to that of Batman's, and are all done on the same exact maps in Challenge mode. Like the previous achievements pertaining to Batman, the Ranked challenges consist of 12 Combat maps and 12 Predator maps. All of them are available from the get-go, which makes choosing extremely simple this time around.

The Combat challenges play nearly identical to Batman's in terms of scoring points based off your combos and variation. The only difference is Bruce Wayne's gadgets and takedowns, so make sure you fully adapt to this character before moving up towards the Extreme variants.

The Predator challenges play extremely different, however. While most of the medals are a very easy, even on the extreme maps, Bruce cannot glide and can only rely on a mere five gadgets: Grapple Hook, Shuriken, Caltrops, Kujiki Bombs, and Smoke Pellets.

The Grapple Hook allows Bruce to grapple from gargoyle to gargoyle and also acts as a "pull kick," similar to Robin's "Zip Kick" from Arkham City. Shurikens are a suitable replacement for Batrangs, while both Caltrops and the Kujiki Bombs act as stun traps. Caltrops cause the enemies to halt in their advances and Kujiki Bombs deliver a mystical purple smoke that daze the enemies and essentially make you vanish. Both gadgets are perfect for leaving enemies vulnerable to swift takedowns. Lastly, Smoke Pellets are an unchanged gadget and serve the same function as always.

Remember, all three medals in both the Combat and Predator challenges must be completed in a single attempt. Once you have obtained all 72 medals in the Original Ranked challenge maps, the achievement will unlock.

0ICLiGJhbC9GCAQYBR1YW1M4L2FjaC8wLzEyMgAAAADn5+f-0XO4.jpg Campaign Ninja 25:gsicon:

Obtain all 108 medals on the original Arkham Origins campaigns (as Bruce Wayne)

AS OF THE APRIL 9TH TITLE UPDATE, THIS ACHIEVEMENT IS NO LONGER GLITCHED AND CAN BE OBTAINED WHILE PLAYING ONLINE.

Bruce Wayne's Campaign challenges are fairly similar to that of Batman's, and are all done on the same exact maps in Challenge mode. Like the previous achievements pertaining to Batman, there are 12 Campaign challenges and they are all available from the start.

Remember, these Campaign challenge maps are a combination of the Ranked Combat and Ranked Predator challenges. Each Campaign features a unique mix of three Ranked challenges, thus forcing you to botain all 9 medals in a single run.

Fortunately, you have up to three retries during each Campaign. Also, mutators and modifiers make their return, so carefully experiment with each in order to decide which is most suitable for a specific challenge. Once you have obtained all 108 medals in the Original Campaign challenge maps, the achievement will unlock.

Edited by BiggD

So he is a new character rather than just a reskin? That's something at least.

Would 4-6 hours not be a more realistic time for most people though?

Kinda. He's like what Robin/Nightwing/Catwoman were to Arkham City.

He only has two special moves: :bbut:+:ybut: for the standard special takedown and :abut:+:xbut: for a Shuriken Ultra Stun which is kinda like the Bat Swarm.

His new gadgets are limited...but rather intriguing to mess with. The Caltrops are super helpful in Combat challenges. The "Zip Kick" Grapple that has has is easy to knock enemies off ledges and complete a Predator challenge more quickly. The Kujiki Bombs are weird, but I like 'em. They kinda freeze the enemies and make them zombified for 15 seconds. But it's a bomb that you drop at your feet, you can't toss it like a Smoke Pellet.

I'll wait to change the estimated time until other people voice their thought.

I feel as though the 12 Combat challenges should be really easy for everyone by now, taking about 45 minutes. I haven't done the Extreme Predator challenges yet, but the 6 regular Predator challenges are REALLY easy and take 20 minutes top. So maybe another 30 for Extreme?

So then add another 2 hours total for doing it all over again in the Campaign challenges and it should only take 3-4 hours.

That is of course, if you're just going for the achievements and don't wanna mess around with the new maps.

Working on that now, but by the achievement's description it shouldn't be required.

Also, he has a third takedown. Quickfire kujiki bombs with LT + x and press y. It's like Batman's multi-combo takedown.

Ah, nice catch. I was trying to figure out if he has any takedowns with the Bombs but didn't know what buttons it was. Is Quickfire Kujiki Bombs simply :ltbut:+:xbut: then?

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother with Campaign until I know this is fixed. Especially since challenge mode will probably have to be replayed.

Nah, if they fix it, the achievements will most likely unlock right away once you enter challenge mode. They wouldn't make the players redo everything. Well, I'm completely assuming, but I don't see that happening.

Did you try the TA solution? Re-downloading your GT?

Is it good advice if you have not gotten them with Wayne yet to hold off until the cheevs are reported to be fixed?

That's my plan. I'm gonna complete them all except for one challenge map and one campaign map. Then when it gets fixed, hopefully we can still get it to pop.

Has anybody actually heard of anyone getting them to pop yet? Legit, I mean ;)