Was ELITE worth it?

Was ELITE worth it?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Was ELITE worth it?

• NO
    • YES

so, with all of the content released for modern warfare 3, do you think you got your moneys worth for it???

Personally, i think it was a complete waste of money, they promised us clans and clan operations, clans were late and clan operations diddnt even start until February. the content calendar was incorrect, saying we would get 2 new game modes when we only got 1 (and really, you cant call it a 'game mode' when its only available on a few maps)

most of the weapon statistics are wrong on call of duty elite, such as saying i have 500 kills with the pkp pecheneg when i have 505. you cant view killstreak statistics, how many killstreaks you called in, how kills you had with them, how many times you died by them, when you can do all of that in black ops playercard which is free.

they say you 'save money' when content collection 2 was on sale a few weeks after it had been released along with collection 1. thats 1200 for collection 1 and 2, maybe collection 3 and 4 will be on sale next month, so you could end up getting all content collections for 2400msp when if you bought elite it would be 4000 so what is that spare 1600msp going to do, get you a weapon camo? a title and emblem?

Edited by JORDAN K 95

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Hardened, so yes it was worth it. But buying elite separately wouldn't be worth it. Half the maps were only for Faceoff, which was fucking lame. And the others sucked ass. The only decent maps were the newest ones (Sept drop), Oasis, Foundation, and Liberation. I never tried the clan stuff, because it was so fucking broken the first ~3 months.

Yes. I thought Elite Premium was worth it. I very rarely use Elite itself but it was worth it just for the DLC alone. They delivered on what they said they would do and the DLC was all pretty decent from the MP Maps to the Spec Ops. The only thing that was a disappointment for me is that they give us Face Off (Which is cool) but they tied Maps to that game type and included them apart of the content drops which I thought was a little bit of a cop out.

If you planned 100% buying all the DLC then of course it was more than worth the price if you were not going to them it probably wasnt

not exactly, because:

they say you 'save money' when content collection 2 was on sale a few weeks after it had been released along with collection 1. thats 1200 for collection 1 and 2, maybe collection 3 and 4 will be on sale next month, so you could end up getting all content collections for 2400msp when if you bought elite it would be 4000 so what is that spare 1600msp going to do, get you a weapon camo? a title and emblem?

for me no it wasnt;

1. seeing MW3 content go on sale for 1/2 price within 2 months and before black ops ever had a sale was a smack in the face

2. elite itself is still to this day full of bugs and errors on console, web and phone

3. clan ops took far too long to implement and has not delivered at all in a competetive sense

4. elite isnt integrated into the game which means you have to quit the game to stat track = retarded

5. beachead support is very slow and none existant

6. clan challenges are still in BETA

7. it hasnt worked out cheaper to buy elite over the content drops

and above all else the only thing worth paying for was early access to the maps but after all the broken promises, pathetic support (infinity ward never knew what was going on with beach head and vice versa) and issues its had, paying for early access is just not a valid enough reason to justify £35

From a price point, Elite for MW3 was fine. It saved you money in the long run if you planned on getting all of the DLC and you received it sooner. My problem was I ended up hating the game by January so I never played past the first DLC and barely that. I rented the game at some point just to look at the maps and get a couple easy achievements for Spec-Ops. I'll be holding off on Elite for Black Ops II to make sure I'm still playing it by the time the first map pack drops. If I am, I'll buy it then. We know it's not going anywhere, so what's the rush?

I felt it was worth it as I got it as part of the hardened edition - if I'd had to buy it separately though, probably not

It's almost a year later and people are still saying this. You do realize that the Hardened Edition was forty dollars more than the standard edition, right? So you DID pay for it, you may have saved ten dollars but you still paid for it.

Edited by WalterWhite

just because it went on a small sale months later doesnt mean the deal wasnt good. If you love the series especially the multi then you are buying the DLC as soon as its available so again, It would have been absolutley worth it if you were planning to buy the DLC anyway :p

i personally dont call half price a small sale, i call that a huge sale, my guess it content collection 3 and 4 will be on sale next month (half price) meaning it was possible to purchase all dlc for 2400msp

I hate terminal. There is no map with worse spawns than that one in this game.

I personally love Terminal, i play KC & the spawns are near perfect, much better than MW3's claustrophobic maps, maybe their diff in diff game types but for me in KC their near perfect apart from the odd bad spawn but no where near as frequently bad as MW3's maps.