FAQs - Questions? Answers.

A collection of Q&A for this game.

If you have questions and need answers, or have answers, reply in this thread. I will update this post when the question is answered.

You may also private message me about any issues with the FAQ or for anything you need help with.

General Q&A

Q. Do I need Kinect to play this game?

A. Yes.

Q. Game Difficulty?

A. Unknown Help is needed for the answer.

Q. What movies are the characters featured in this game from?

A. 5 Pixar movies.

1. The Increadibles:
  2. Ratatouille:
  3. Up!:
  4. Cars:
  5. Toy Story:

Q. Does it feature Online Leaderboards?

A. Yes.

Q. Does Kinectshare require Xbox Live?

A. Yes.

Q. Does Kinect read my motion well in this game?

A. Depends. For some it will work flawlessly, for others it won't cooperate.

!! Controls are not intuitive, laggy and frustrating !!

Q. I wear glasses, will I be able to scan my custom avatar while wearing them?

A. No. You must remove your glasses for the scan to work.

Q. I wear glasses, I took them off for the scan, will I be able to play the rest of the game wearing my glasses?

A. Yes. You should have no problems wearing your glasses. The scanning is the only time you will need to take off your glasses.

Q. The scanned avatar looks nothing like me. Can I go back?

A. No, you must start the game over until it does look like you.

!! Make sure the achievement unlocks after the scanning !! Restart or create a second new game in one of the many Save Slots provided.

Achievement Q&A

Q. Time taken to 1000 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png?

A. Unknown Help is needed for the answer.

Q. Can I achieve 1000 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png without Online capabilities?

A. No.

Q. Which achievements require Online to unlock?

A. 2 achievements for 35 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png require you to upload to KinectShare:

1. See? I Can Do Anything! Share 10 KinectShare awards 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
  2. See What I Did Share an award with KinectShare. 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Q. Online/Offline Multiplayer?

A. Offline 1-2 Co-op.

Q. Which achievements require 2 people (Local Co-op) to unlock?

A. None. All achievements can be unlocked Solo.

Specific Achievement Q&A

A New Me! Complete your first scanning. 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Q. The achievement did NOT unlock after it scanned me. What should I do?

A. This is a very !! Glitchy !! achievement.

The fix: Create a new character next time you play the game. Your progress will not be lost. Thankfully there are many slots for new characters because you may have to try this a couple of times.

For: See? I Can Do Anything! Share 10 KinectShare awards

For: See What I Did Share an award with KinectShare.

Q. What exactly is this KinectShare?

A. Through KinectShare you can upload content to Facebook.

For more info see the FAQs: KinectShare

• You can take take pictures or video of yourself during game play using the Kinect sensor.
  • If your Xbox profile is Xbox LIVE enabled and you have Kinect Sharing set to 'Allowed,' you can upload content to KinectShare.com.
  • After uploading content to KinectShare.com, you can sign in to the site using your Windows Live account information.
  • Your content remains on KinectShare.com for a limited time, and will automatically be deleted from the KinectShare.com site after its retention time has elapsed.
  • Depending on your age and account settings, you may also use KinectShare.com to share content to other social media sites like Facebook.

Gameplay Q&A

Q. What are Buddy Areas?

A. Post the answer.

Have a question?

Know an answer?

Post Reply!

This game is new and we need all the info/help we can find.

If any of the info is incorrect, post the correct answer I will gladly change it.

Edited by * Clueless *

I'll include that it is very sensitive to area needed to register movements.

What is your setup like?

How many feet/meters are you fom the TV?

Where is you sensor located?

- Waist level, eye level?

It is having problems registering your jumps only?

Edited by * Clueless *

I'll include that it is very sensitive to area needed to register movements.

What is your setup like?

How many feet/meters are you fom the TV?

Where is you sensor located?

- Waist level, eye level?

It is having problems registering your jumps only?

No, all movements suck. Driving with Cars is like, no way to do unless i put my arms way up in the air. Jumping works 1 out of 10 times. Walking sucks, lots of walking to the left while i i want to go right. It's not like this in any other of my Kinect games.. really strange...

No, all movements suck. Driving with Cars is like, no way to do unless i put my arms way up in the air. Jumping works 1 out of 10 times. Walking sucks, lots of walking to the left while i i want to go right. It's not like this in any other of my Kinect games.. really strange...

Could just be the game....Some games just absolutely have horrible kinect reading. Kung Fu Panda 2 for instance.

I wear glasses and so far have had no problems and no problems with movement.

The achievement i am puzzled on is complete your 1st scanning!! is this before you start the game and you scan yourself and pick eye colour ect? if it is it didnt unlock for me!! :confused:

This is because of the fact you wear eye glasses.

The game is fine with registering your movements while wearing glasses, but you are unable to do the scan because you are wearing your glasses during the scan:

you CANT play it wearing eye glasses ie RX glasses! it wont even scan you to play demo.

Ok, added:

Q. I wear glasses, will I be able to scan my custom avatar while wearing them?

A. No. You must remove your glasses for the scan to work. Hats must be removed as well.

Q. I wear glasses, I took them off for the scan, will I be able to play the rest of the game wearing my glasses?

A. Yes. You should have no problems wearing your glasses. The scanning is the only time you will need to take off your glasses.

and....

Q. Does Kinect read my motion well in this game?

A. Depends. For some it will work flawlessly, for others it won't cooperate.

Please let me know if these need to be changed/corrected in anyway.

Planning on making achievement guide and roadmap soon!

Sweet! Let me know if you want me to change/add anything. ;) Good luck with the roadmap and guide!

Feel free to use any of the info :)

Probably wont be for a while, I am having financial issues being a student and all and really dont want to buy it just for the guide and roadmap. I had it on my gamefly but they sent me 2 other games further down my list instead.

I wont object to anybody wanting to make one. I just dont want people to think I called it or something, so by all means if anyone feels like they want to make one then all power to you.

I have not unlocked the first scanning achievement but it did scan me, I wasnt wearing glasses or anything? How do you get this achievement?

Also are 'buddy areas' places that you can only access using a specific buddy?

Thanks

A New Me! Complete your first scanning. 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Q. The achievement did NOT unlock after it scanned me. What should I do?

A. This is a very !! Glitchy !! achievement. If it did not unlock for you, you must start the game over until it does. Try Installing it to your hard drive after the first attempt, so the HDD is moved to another sector.

Probably wont be for a while, I am having financial issues being a student and all and really dont want to buy it just for the guide and roadmap. I had it on my gamefly but they sent me 2 other games further down my list instead.

I wont object to anybody wanting to make one. I just dont want people to think I called it or something, so by all means if anyone feels like they want to make one then all power to you.

;) No worries, good luck in school:Bounce:

Thanks, tried scanning again and it worked!

I've started a achievement guide with the achievements I have. It would be appreciated if anyone could contribute with any other achievements, or improve my descriptions. I will add in what I think the other achievements are for if there are no responses soon.

Does anyone know which is better for points, Coins or Time?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jonvier666