A Few Odds & Ends About This Game...

Just a series of random thoughts, questions, and observations about this game...

1) What's the deal with those spinning yellow/red circles that show up before and after a match? Sometimes they're grayed out, sometimes they're red, sometimes they're yellow, sometimes they spin, sometimes they don't. Does anyone understand what these signify?

2) I like how they put Dan in his sparring gear alternate costume for trials. I thought that was a cute touch. However, at the same time, it only serves to drive home the point that these downloadable costumes are already on the disc. :mad:

3) I laughed out loud the first time I noticed that in arcade mode if you're playing as Guy or Cody, the car busting bonus stage will show Bred lamenting over his demolished car. However, oddly enough, he says, "Oh! My car!" like from the SNES port, rather than the uncensored, "Oh! My God!" like from the arcade original. I find this especially odd considering that they just released the arcade version of Final Fight on XBLA.

4) Speaking of Final Fight, I like how the construction stage has a statue of Mike Haggar in the background (as well as Hugo/Andore from SFIII/FF).

5) Not that it's a huge deal, but why did they have to remove Survival, Time Attack, and Gallery mode? I mean, if they have enough room on the disc... why the hell not? I'm not sobbing over not having these modes, but it still feels a little lame.

6) Does anyone have a link to a GOOD, RELIABLE Icon/Title guide? In particular the icon on the first page in-between the golden first and the golden disc. Also, what about the very last icon on the fourth page? I have all the other golden animal icons. What's that last one?

7) Guile throws on his shades this time around if you taunt while ducking. Holy shit.

8) I think I still prefer the announcer from the previous game. I wish there was an option to toggle between them in the sound options.

9) Has anyone else noticed that when you turn on the Arranged BGM, that is the old-school music, that sometimes it doesn't work? Most of the time it will, but occasionally I'll get the default background tune. What gives?

10) Does Akuma's Super/Ultra combo finishes count towards the Sunspotter achievement? I only ask because his "flashes" aren't sunny... but rather gray, as opposed to the normal orange/red. I realize this question is weird, but I'm just curious since I play as Akuma a lot.

11) They removed the nationality flags from the versus screens. Why? I always liked that.

Don't take any of this too seriously. Just a handful of random observations. :blunt

What causes them to spin or not spin? Is it just random?

Page 24 of the manual. Win 4 in a row and it'll be spinning. If you win when it's spinning, you get the option to upload a replay.

Arranged BGM isn't really old music. It's the characters theme that normally only plays during rival battles in arcade mode. Turning it on makes it so it always uses their theme when you fight them. Alot of these are remixed versions of their themes from old games. Arranged BGM only works when you're playing against a human player. So if you have arranged BGM on in arcade mode, or versus against a CPU, you'll get the normal stage music.

Edited by bs000

Just a series of random thoughts, questions, and observations about this game...

1) What's the deal with those spinning yellow/red circles that show up before and after a match? Sometimes they're grayed out, sometimes they're red, sometimes they're yellow, sometimes they spin, sometimes they don't. Does anyone understand what these signify?

2) I like how they put Dan in his sparring gear alternate costume for trials. I thought that was a cute touch. However, at the same time, it only serves to drive home the point that these downloadable costumes are already on the disc. :mad:

3) I laughed out loud the first time I noticed that in arcade mode if you're playing as Guy or Cody, the car busting bonus stage will show Bred lamenting over his demolished car. However, oddly enough, he says, "Oh! My car!" like from the SNES port, rather than the uncensored, "Oh! My God!" like from the arcade original. I find this especially odd considering that they just released the arcade version of Final Fight on XBLA.

4) Speaking of Final Fight, I like how the construction stage has a statue of Mike Haggar in the background (as well as Hugo/Andore from SFIII/FF).

5) Not that it's a huge deal, but why did they have to remove Survival, Time Attack, and Gallery mode? I mean, if they have enough room on the disc... why the hell not? I'm not sobbing over not having these modes, but it still feels a little lame.

6) Does anyone have a link to a GOOD, RELIABLE Icon/Title guide? In particular the icon on the first page in-between the golden first and the golden disc. Also, what about the very last icon on the fourth page? I have all the other golden animal icons. What's that last one?

7) Guile throws on his shades this time around if you taunt while ducking. Holy shit.

8) I think I still prefer the announcer from the previous game. I wish there was an option to toggle between them in the sound options.

9) Has anyone else noticed that when you turn on the Arranged BGM, that is the old-school music, that sometimes it doesn't work? Most of the time it will, but occasionally I'll get the default background tune. What gives?

10) Does Akuma's Super/Ultra combo finishes count towards the Sunspotter achievement? I only ask because his "flashes" aren't sunny... but rather gray, as opposed to the normal orange/red. I realize this question is weird, but I'm just curious since I play as Akuma a lot.

11) They removed the nationality flags from the versus screens. Why? I always liked that.

Don't take any of this too seriously. Just a handful of random observations. :blunt

1.)Replay disc, already answered in another post

2.) yep the costumes are on the disc but you gotta pay to unlock them:confused:

3.) Hadn't noticed Bred, great observation I will try to find him now:)

4.)Yep, I am betting IF they make DLC characters Hugo will bo one of em

5.)didn't care for Survival and Time attack but really would have loved a Gallery

6.)the Last icon (or so it was on SFIV) is the SFIV icon and us unlocked after obtaining all trials I believe (hard to say as I have 1000 on SFIV and I didn't notice it UNTIL I had completed all trials).

7.)still doesn't help us Charlie fans, giving Guile Charlies costume is NOT the same thing!!!!:mad:

8.)WOULD love to have DUDLEY's original voice!!!!

9.)nope, haven't messed with Music yet

10.)IT shouldn't matter AS LONG AS you beat the opponent with an Ultra OR Super combo finish, so basically it should be "Get 365 SUPER or ULTRA combo FINISHES"

11.)I agree why take away the flags? I liked them.

1) Yea if you win 1 fight vs same rank, you get a lvl2 spinning reel. if you beat another same rank or you beat someone a rank above, youd jump to lvl 3. i believe if your lvl 3 vs someone else thats lvl 3 and same rank, they spin and whoever wins can upload that to the New Replay channel... yes, confusing. If you lose to someone higher ranked, you often dont lose what spinning rims you did obtain

2) Smooth, I know.

3)Yea I noticed this when I did it with Cody. I like lil secrets like this

4) SF always has cameos in it. I cant recall any others now

5) No room for all that with all that dlc stuck on the disc

6) nope

7) nope

8) i dunno, havent noticed much

9) same as 8

10) I would assume they do. Would kind of suck if not.

I think it just counts super/ultra finishes.

11) I dunno, you see them now on the lobby screens. I do like how they changed it till the vs load screen when you see icons and titles.

I can actually put something from doing the last trial or such without worrying about some ass kicking me from the lobby

Yeah, we could use a legit Icon/Title guide....

6.)the Last icon (or so it was on SFIV) is the SFIV icon and us unlocked after obtaining all trials I believe (hard to say as I have 1000 on SFIV and I didn't notice it UNTIL I had completed all trials).

If you're talking about the Street Fighter.com icon, it's for doing all Normal trials.

Yeah, we could use a legit Icon/Title guide....

If you're talking about the Street Fighter.com icon, it's for doing all Normal trials.

K, like I said though, I didn't notice it unitl I did all trials. In any case still doesn't help determine how to get it in SSFIV. Hopefully someone will crack this code....

K, like I said though, I didn't notice it unitl I did all trials. In any case still doesn't help determine how to get it in SSFIV. Hopefully someone will crack this code....

I know, but I thought I'd mention it since a lot of people don't notice it until their done with trials.

Unless you've done all trials and still don't have it, I would assume it's for doing all of them (like you said, lol)