Sports Bar Rules:

No Flaming! - Feel free to disagree, be passionate about your favorite team(s), etc., but if you attack another member of the site you may find yourself less than welcome.

No Spam! - The key here is to discuss the sport/teams/players in question, not to throw out random comments unrelated to anything.

Have Fun! - This is why we are all here, right? Keep it fun.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules, use the report function and that will let the moderation team know. We will address it as quickly as we can.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jog on. We'll never say those words.

I give it a Torres hat-trick and a six-pack of Carlsberg, and then you'll be singing in Rafa we trust. Can't really see what all the Chelski fans are whining about, he's a good manager.

On more interesting news, Arsenal FINALLY won a match!!!!!!!! Ok, both penalties were sorta dubious, but still. A bit of the Mancunian luck went our way today.....

Coming as a non-football person, are there other leagues or such that should be covered either in this thread or separate threads?

It's generally for the Premiership, but football talk is football talk..........

Jog on. We'll never say those words.

You know you will. Rafa is an EXCELLENT manager.

I give it a Torres hat-trick and a six-pack of Carlsberg, and then you'll be singing in Rafa we trust. Can't really see what all the Chelski fans are whining about, he's a good manager.

On more interesting news, Arsenal FINALLY won a match!!!!!!!! Ok, both penalties were sorta dubious, but still. A bit of the Mancunian luck went our way today.....

Agreed.

DUBIOUS???????? You'd have beaten Tom Daly for a medal with the first one.......

DUBIOUS???????? You'd have beaten Tom Daly for a medal with the first one.......

I know, the first one was complete bullshit and the second one was a typical "top four" decision. We all know that if it was the other way round that WBA wouldn't have been given a penalty.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/08/article-2244563-1669F3A6000005DC-902_634x521.jpg

This did make me laugh though......

I know, the first one was complete bullshit and the second one was a typical "top four" decision. We all know that if it was the other way round that WBA wouldn't have been given a penalty.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/08/article-2244563-1669F3A6000005DC-902_634x521.jpg

This did make me laugh though......

Hahahaha!!! Oh dear. XD

*sigh*

Tottenham...I don't even...ugh. Adebayor didn't even look like he wanted to be out there. And even though we played worse we got a lucky break, would have been nice to take it and hold a lead for once. At the very least we should have escaped with the draw.

Nope, Everton deserved it. Spurs were wasteful and uninspired.

Also, there was no way that West Ham's first goal was a penalty. Absolute bullshit.

Don't bitch mate, this is a rare occurrence, Liverpuddle actually won....:p

Gutted by the City v United game. I dont know why it takes Man City to get to the 2nd half to start scoring but if they played like they did in the 2nd in the 1st half United would of stood no chance.

Few points though as a City fan.

Nasri hiding behind the wall on for Van persie to score was pathetic.

Really hope Kompany isnt to badly hurt and seeing Yaya come off was not a good sign to.

David Silva's second half performance earns him the right to be spoken about with the greatest like Messi and Ronaldo. When ever he gets the ball he does magical things. Some of the pass' he pulls off are crazy.

Im finally sick of the Ballotelli sideshow. I see why he was picked seeing as he has a history of coming up big in big games but seeing as he dont do alot in other games he has no right being picked above Dzeko and Tevez.

I'd sell Ballotelli in january and hope to get £30 million for him and then go buy a player who will work for the team. Falcao or Cavani would be great but costly. Fernando LLorente would be great from Atletic Bilboa and comes cheap seeing as his contract runs out in the summer.

I'd even take Theo Walcott who could add a different spin to the attacking options.

I think I'll stop there but if goals dont start going in we got problems.

As for the off field stuff.

Its disgusting to see coins thrown at any player. Lifetime bans should be handed out to these people or thrown in jail to make an example out of it.

I dont think the media helps these situations mind and I dont want to sound like I'm defending the fan but Man Utd players do seem to ask for trouble. Players need to act better in these big games. A riot could of broke out at the end of the game yesterday. It could of broken out at the United v Chelsea game to.

Its disgusting to see coins thrown at any player. Lifetime bans should be handed out to these people or thrown in jail to make an example out of it.

I dont think the media helps these situations mind and I dont want to sound like I'm defending the fan but Man Utd players do seem to ask for trouble. Players need to act better in these big games. A riot could of broke out at the end of the game yesterday. It could of broken out at the United v Chelsea game to.

It's getting ridiculous. Props to Joe Hart for this, not a lot of players would get involved at all, let alone keep their own fans away from an opposing player, especially one from a such a big rival.

12186_10151288679107313_1166364653_n.jpg

Gutted by the City v United game. I dont know why it takes Man City to get to the 2nd half to start scoring but if they played like they did in the 2nd in the 1st half United would of stood no chance.

Few points though as a City fan.

Nasri hiding behind the wall on for Van persie to score was pathetic.

Really hope Kompany isnt to badly hurt and seeing Yaya come off was not a good sign to.

David Silva's second half performance earns him the right to be spoken about with the greatest like Messi and Ronaldo. When ever he gets the ball he does magical things. Some of the pass' he pulls off are crazy.

Im finally sick of the Ballotelli sideshow. I see why he was picked seeing as he has a history of coming up big in big games but seeing as he dont do alot in other games he has no right being picked above Dzeko and Tevez.

I'd sell Ballotelli in january and hope to get £30 million for him and then go buy a player who will work for the team. Falcao or Cavani would be great but costly. Fernando LLorente would be great from Atletic Bilboa and comes cheap seeing as his contract runs out in the summer.

I'd even take Theo Walcott who could add a different spin to the attacking options.

I think I'll stop there but if goals dont start going in we got problems.

I wouldn't go that far regarding Silva. He's a quality player but not in the same league as Messi or Ronaldo. I think Iniesta is better too.

I agree with you in a way about the United players. When they played us recently and they scored their third goal they celebrated straight in front of the Matthew Harding. They didn't need to and it brings so much unnecessary hate and ugliness. Coins were thrown then too, and that could've turned very nasty indeed.

I don't think United players did anything wrong yesterday. They went running towards their own fans to celebrate. If I were a player I'd love to run straight to my fans and go mental. It shows how much it means to them and I sort of respect that. Its so unnecessary to throw things at them because at the end of the day you risk losing your season ticket. Its a game of football FFS. That being said, United are looking deadly up front. Not sure what to think of City this season to be honest.

Silva is definatly Top 10 in the world. Only thing that holds Silva back in my eyes is lack of goals he scores.

If you watch back from when Van Persie scores all United players run over to the man utd section of the fans. Wayne Rooney is sliding on his knees facing only man city fans posing and shouting. Not long afterwards Rio gets hit with a coin.

Again not justifying the action of the fans. As a father who watches football with my kids stuff like this anoys ne coz how can this be explained to small kids BUT Players like Rooney need to start setting a better example.

If Ballotelli had done what Rooney did and then a man utd fan hit Kompany in the face with a coin Im willing to bet the media put a different spin on it.

Anyone else feel things are going backwards. The racist gestures at Swansea v Norwich ruined that game aswell. Are people going to football just to get on the news now or something?

Its sad that on a monday the main headlines everyweek seem to be about racism in football or crowds starting trouble. Sad times!

Nope, Everton deserved it. Spurs were wasteful and uninspired.

Don't bitch mate, this is a rare occurrence, Liverpuddle actually won....:p

Which is nice, but anyone with sense can see that the referees are getting worse and worse every year. Not just in regards to us (though, five pennos against us, none FOR!!!!! us) but with every team. Something has to be done. Soon.

I agree, we were far better than Spurs :woop:!

Oh and Liverpool fans always moan :p

Not true..............

Which is nice, but anyone with sense can see that the referees are getting worse and worse every year. Not just in regards to us (though, five pennos against us, none FOR!!!!! us) but with every team. Something has to be done. Soon.

The way you're carrying on you'd think that liverpool were QPR..... :p