Breakdown Achievement List

tripleb2k

1Dc8P2NhbC9HDxoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzUzAAAAAVBQUPvFSHQ=.jpg

The Sacrifice

Go Out in a Blaze of Glory (Breakdown Level 1 or Higher).

0zc8P2NhbC8RDhoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzRlAAAAAVBQUPyiAgc=.jpg

The Dead Man

Kill 5 Bloaters (Breakdown Level 2 or Higher).

0Tc8P2NhbC8SDhoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzRmAAAAAVBQUP6DC7I=.jpg

The Judge

Perform 50 Zombie Executions (Breakdown Level 3 or Higher).

0Tc8P2NhbC9ADxoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzU0AAAAAVBQUP5no40=.jpg

The Survivor

Collect 150 Resources (Breakdown Level 4 or Higher).

1jc8P2NhbC9EDxoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzUwAAAAAVBQUPnkQcE=.jpg

The Mercenary

Destroy 5 Juggernauts (Breakdown Level 5 or Higher).

1zc8P2NhbC9FDxoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzUxAAAAAVBQUPgEuVI=.jpg

The Ninja

Execute 50 Stealth Kills (Breakdown Level 5 or Higher).

1Tc8P2NhbC9GDxoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzUyAAAAAVBQUPolsOc=.jpg

The Scientist

Reach Breakdown Level 6.

0Dc8P2NhbC9BDxoIG1lSUGU4L2FjaC8wLzU1AAAAAVBQUP+HWx4=.jpg

The Rescuer

Unlock All Heroes.

Does anyone know how many people you can take in the RV with you at the end of the level/round? Does it change every time? I'm on level 3 and I have a group of 20 survivors so I need to know how many of them I should train to the max while the game is still easy...

If you are already at breakdown level 3, why you are asking this? You have seen how it works twice already.

If you are already at breakdown level 3, why you are asking this? You have seen how it works twice already.

I didn't count the total either of those times... and I'm not sure if it changes every time

EDIT: I played a few more rounds, and I have found that the number of people you can bring does not change. You can bring 6 survivors, not including the person you are currently playing as while you make your selections (so 7 total).

Edited by damtalldylan

Just a quick question. I'm obviously going for all the achievement. I'm still on breakdown level 1 and I have everyone I want in the rv when I go to the option to escape town in the rv warning pops that all my challenges will be reset. Is it true ? I'm just trying to progress though the story mode without having any of my challenges.

Edited by KILLING5PR33

Just a quick question. I'm obviously going for all the achievement. I'm still on breakdown level 1 and I have everyone I want in the rv when I go to the option to escape town in the rv warning pops that all my challenges will be reset. Is it true ? I'm just trying to progress though the story mode without having any of my challenges.

If you are at say 7/8 of a challenge and you leave on the RV, you will be back to 0/8 at the start of the next level.

Thanks for the heads up. Wikipedia has a great guide for these achievements...

you mind providing a link? I tried searching for it and don't see any wiki guide.

edit: I found this. It provides a lot of info that's not posted anywhere. Like breakdown levels are replayable after unlocked which is nice for just about every achievement added :p

http://www.gamefront.com/state-of-decay-breakdown-dlc-survival-guide/2/

also, if challenges reset, do characters stay unlocked?

Edited by littlejay

you mind providing a link? I tried searching for it and don't see any wiki guide.

edit: I found this. It provides a lot of info that's not posted anywhere. Like breakdown levels are replayable after unlocked which is nice for just about every achievement added :p

http://www.gamefront.com/state-of-decay-breakdown-dlc-survival-guide/2/

also, if challenges reset, do characters stay unlocked?

Ya they do. You keep them for as long as you want/can. Once they are gone they are gone unless you start a new game. But I don't think they come back in a new game other than the 1 you pick for a starter. The only really good one so far is the dead man. His wits and fighting come maxed. Most of them come with pre set skills usually involving guns so you can't train them with blunt or heavy (he is my ticket to NINJA since I gave him ninja). Wits seems to level really slow even with the library. Or maybe since you max stamina drops so fast you can't get it up.

Ya they do. You keep them for as long as you want/can. Once they are gone they are gone unless you start a new game. But I don't think they come back in a new game other than the 1 you pick for a starter. The only really good one so far is the dead man. His wits and fighting come maxed. Most of them come with pre set skills usually involving guns so you can't train them with blunt or heavy (he is my ticket to NINJA since I gave him ninja). Wits seems to level really slow even with the library. Or maybe since you max stamina drops so fast you can't get it up.

Do they still count for the achievement? or do they all have to be alive?

edit: I just died and the unlocked hero was still there and that challenge was marked complete. I am still on breakdown 1 but it looks like you have to complete a challenge in one run of any mode and it stay completed. It's gonna be uber grindy but it could be worse :p

Edited by littlejay

Do they still count for the achievement? or do they all have to be alive?

edit: I just died and the unlocked hero was still there and that challenge was marked complete. I am still on breakdown 1 but it looks like you have to complete a challenge in one run of any mode and it stay completed. It's gonna be uber grindy but it could be worse :p

The Father is a massive grind. Pre built buildings don't count towards it. Sniper and Killer are there to make sure I never get the last one :mad: Most of them aren't to bad. Just break down ammo crates for the gun guys. And make sure you save an assault rifle. They are really rare in my game. Also whistle mines don't count for the Grenadier (50 explosive kills)

Edited by squid5580

The Father is a massive grind. Pre built buildings don't count towards it. Sniper and Killer are there to make sure I never get the last one :mad: Most of them aren't to bad. Just break down ammo crates for the gun guys. And make sure you save an assault rifle. They are really rare in my game. Also whistle mines don't count for the Grenadier (50 explosive kills)

I am working on that one now too. spent all day working on it. Even had to move base because I started before remembering what all could be done at each base. I am at 7/11 and trying to find out if you need both workshops (explosive and car repair) and the upgraded parking space talked about on the wiki. :confused:

I am working on that one now too. spent all day working on it. Even had to move base because I started before remembering what all could be done at each base. I am at 7/11 and trying to find out if you need both workshops (explosive and car repair) and the upgraded parking space talked about on the wiki. :confused:

Yep both workshops. I was stuck at 10/11 because of that. And an upgraded parking spot??? I have never heard of that and I have unlocked him (which took forever since I missed the pop up that says your challenges get reset and moved on to 2 with 9/11 figuring I would finish up then). You do have to make 1 of everything though (even though kitchen, dining room and library don't have upgrades)

Yep both workshops. I was stuck at 10/11 because of that. And an upgraded parking spot??? I have never heard of that and I have unlocked him (which took forever since I missed the pop up that says your challenges get reset and moved on to 2 with 9/11 figuring I would finish up then). You do have to make 1 of everything though (even though kitchen, dining room and library don't have upgrades)

Ive never seen the parking spot upgrade either. oddly enough it's listed on the wiki. I just got 1 left and got to find out what it is. I think it's storage

Has anyone else had trouble with The Gardener (Grow 10 Food)? I constructed a garden and I have let it run for multiple in game and one real world day but I am still at 0/10.

Also, what about The Sniper? Do you have to get 5 Headshots without missing a shot or do you have to get 5 headshots in quick succession, or both?

Has anyone else had trouble with The Gardener (Grow 10 Food)? I constructed a garden and I have let it run for multiple in game and one real world day but I am still at 0/10.

Also, what about The Sniper? Do you have to get 5 Headshots without missing a shot or do you have to get 5 headshots in quick succession, or both?

Ive not finished growing anything yet but just a guess, have you harvested anything from it? You may need to collect your fruits before growing more :)

No I had no problem at all with the gardener. Built a garden and had it in no time. Maybe you are to stocked on food? It harvests automatically

No I had no problem at all with the gardener. Built a garden and had it in no time. Maybe you are to stocked on food? It harvests automatically

Yeah, just unlocked The Gardener. I got it after loading up the game after waiting for several hours.

So does anyone know how to get The Sniper? I've tried using my Level 7 Shooters with Snap Aim but I can't hit the zeds fast enough/without missing a shot. What is the best way to get this?

Yeah, just unlocked The Gardener. I got it after loading up the game after waiting for several hours.

So does anyone know how to get The Sniper? I've tried using my Level 7 Shooters with Snap Aim but I can't hit the zeds fast enough/without missing a shot. What is the best way to get this?

I fear the grinding of sniper as well. The aiming sucks in this game :(

edit: do you need a garden expert to harvest crops? It made 2 crops and stopped producing.

Edited by littlejay

I just sacrificed a random survivor so I could get "The Tragedy" (get torn apart by zombies), but it didn't unlock ... Anyone else have this problem?

The first time it happened to me it didn't unlock but it did the 2nd time.

edit: For the sniper challenge: North of the trailer park and south of the church, there is a water tower by the pond. Climb that with a pistol and someone who has level 7 shooting and a lot of ammo. Once level 7, buy the focus aim perk. Now hold LT + LB to enter slow motion. Just shoot 5 heads while you stay safe. Don't shoot army zombies because bullets do not hurt them, and you might need to jump down to your car and leave for a bit (or change characters) because the game gets really glitchy when a ton of zombies circle you at the water tower. It took me a bit to get working but it works best.

You can also use this for easy kills for any of the other challenges. I am upgrading my work bench to make pipe bombs so I can know out that challenge and Ill only be missing the 10 garden challenge and the level 5 challenges.

Edited by littlejay