How did you come up with your Tag?

L3giOn

My tag Locust 101, many people say to me thats sad you got ur name from gears of war, in fact i did not as i had my name many years before gears of war even came out. My friend suggested it to me when i was about 10 for a name for my runescape charecter, and its stuck ever sinse.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine from a book I read when I was in high school. It was the third book in the Han Solo trilogy. His first "Love" was named Bria Tharen. I was going to make it Darth Tharen but that is kind of lame so I used DarkTharen instead. No I am not a girl but she was the second most important character in the book and betrayed Han and some smugglers. And was a real bad a#$ when the rebellion first started.

My original gamertag (TheFinalFantasy) was taken, and I wanted to come up with something suitably fantasy-based. So, I thought Mana, from the M:TG game, then wondered what you'd call someone who might horde it. Then Fiend jumped out, and they seemed to fit.

Annoyed I can't get my ideal Motto though: 'Fireball' is a legal move.

My gamertag is M4573RxB0x.

When I was playing Halo PC, my name was masterxbox1. I was going to use that until it was already taken when I got Xbox Live. Then I changed it into letters and numbers and just didn't put the 1 on the end. I messaged masterxbox1 after I registered and asked them why they used that name. They replied with "I played against someone with this name on Halo PC and they were really good so I stole the name so people would think I was". I was like wow someone worships me but at the same like agree because it was my name.

Back before everyone had an online alias, and only a few people were actually coding websites and using Linux, my alias was DirSpy. It was actually more of a hacker name a.k.a Directory Spy because at the time, I was doing mostly Linux/Apache hacks to correct server holes present in Red Hat distributions and it required all too much time spent typing horrible rewrites at the command line. Then in my last year of college, I took Japanese classes and the short form for saying "I am X" was X-desu so I changed my online alias to spydirdesu to get rid of the old negative connotations from my old "hacking" ways (although I still program C/Java/PHP day in and day out) and pay homage to my love for the Japanese. Did you get all that??

Daeth_On_Demand - I created "Death On Demand" for some system-connect games of Halo 3 and Gears 1 at a friend's party, and then when I got a 360 for Christmas ('07) I created "Daeth_On_Demand" because "Death on Demand" was taken, and I didn't want to have to use any numbers for letters (or put x's in front of my name).

It honestly didn't occur to me that my tag was a reference to pay-per-view or "On Demand" tv, and I don't use either service... People always ask me if I know how to spell.. *sigh*

mine is like incredibly old, i used to use it on BBS dialup systems when i was like 14. Its a mix from the song Serial Thriller by The Prodigy and Cereal Killer from the movie Hackers. I made the Cereal and Serial mash up word to make sure it hopefully stay unique when the internet got bigger and so far ive never found it taken on anything ive signed up for.

My first character on Guild Wars was my necromancer named Nuclear Warlord and she's also my main and most expensive character with about 800k worth or armor and weapons. She's also my favorite.

So I made NucWARLORD.

Also, for awhile to gaming I was known as BlitzWARLORD in gaming forums and stuff.