http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/05/post-2950.html

国内でパッケージ販売しているタイトル、デススマイルズⅡXをそのままゲームズオンデマンドで北米に配信販売することが決まりました。

初めての試みって事でマイクロソフトの担当さんからお話を頂いて、折角選ばれたのでやってみようかな~と。

5月17日配信予定

デススマイルズⅡX

配信価格 $29.99

まずは、北米限定のサービスになります。

良い形で次に繋がるようになれば国内でしか販売していないタイトルも配信って形で海外に向けてリリースされていく事になるのかな~と。

Microsoft asked Cave to release Cave's Japanese games as it is in overseas game-maeketplace (Games on Demand).

Cave decided to release Death Smiles 2X in North American Game-maeketplace.

Death Smiles 2X

release date: May 17

price: $29.99

First, Death Smiles 2X is to be released in North America.

If it is well received, Cave may release other Japanese games in overseas game-marketplace....

----------------------------------------

Notice that I'm Japanese and not good at English well.

Look at what cave has done with localization, achievements are not even translated, and the dialog in the game are still in japanese. $30 is too much for this game.

This game is NOT localized, and it's not meant to be. It even says in the game description that it only supports Japanese. If you think 30 bucks is too much for this game, then don't buy it. But let me tell you it's a heck of a lot cheaper than importing it.

This is a fantastic way for Microsoft to see if there is a market for Japanese games in America. To me, and I'm sure a lot of other gamers, 30 dollars is super cheap and well worth the price.

This game is NOT localized, and it's not meant to be. It even says in the game description that it only supports Japanese. If you think 30 bucks is too much for this game, then don't buy it. But let me tell you it's a heck of a lot cheaper than importing it.

This is a fantastic way for Microsoft to see if there is a market for Japanese games in America. To me, and I'm sure a lot of other gamers, 30 dollars is super cheap and well worth the price.

Totally agree. I payed about $80 bucks a piece for Espgaluda 2 and Mushihime-sama Futari. As much as like having a physical disk, I will gladly pay $30 for a download only game instead of the importing a region free game or not being able to play the game at all because the release is region locked and no one's going to localize it.

Look at what cave has done with localization, achievements are not even translated, and the dialog in the game are still in japanese. $30 is too much for this game.

Well, I don't see the problem when you imported it for a lot more, and to me, $30 is fine, would have been $20, but meh, at least its something I would be playing now if I had the money for it, but not at this time though.

does anyone know with the new paypal option if you can paypal buy the game using an american gamertag? v.v cus i know adding a british credit card to an american gamertag doesn't seem to work.

edit; assuming that a paypal assigned to a british bank account is universal (it is when buying off everywhere else etcetc)

Uk is always the last to see these releases rofl xp. i'd rather not have to pay for an american ms points card and get it sent over ._.;

i was so happy this game out on my birthday xD -is a dork-

Edited by dollyROT

does anyone know with the new paypal option if you can paypal buy the game using an american gamertag? v.v cus i know adding a british credit card to an american gamertag doesn't seem to work.

edit; assuming that a paypal assigned to a british bank account is universal (it is when buying off everywhere else etcetc)

Uk is always the last to see these releases rofl xp. i'd rather not have to pay for an american ms points card and get it sent over ._.;

i was so happy this game out on my birthday xD -is a dork-

Games on Demand are region locked just like retail release. It'll do an IP check when you try to buy it. I have a Japanese silver account I use to download demos, but I can't buy from Japan's games on demand.