Do not buy this game

x0SugarBear0x

This game is the worst let down since MW2, complete waste of money, achievements glitch to easy, the game has so many bugs which wont be fixed. Waste of your cash.

The online is terrible.

The story is around 2hrs long.

The achievements are so glitchy some of them dont even work!

The amount of bugs in this game is insane

This game in no way lives up to the first Crackdown.

If you choose to buy it fair enough, but i'm here to say your wasting your cash and should consider one of the other new games.

-Sugar

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally found it to be more of the same, which for me wasn't a bad thing. Haven't had a single glitched achievement...yet, but from what I've read so far it seems that at least some of the issues with 'glitched' acheivements are with people that played the demo and actually earned achievements during the demo play through.

Thanks for the replies, by glitched achievements i mean things like 'Chopper Stomper', this wasn't in the demo (which i did play and got the 100G >_>). I've attempted this and others more than 10 times now, and they will not unlock. But this still doesn't solve the other issues of the game, such as the bugs... OHH THE INSANE AMOUNT OF BUGS :(

-Sugar

The online is terrible.

The first Crackdown didnt have an online mode, so online never has been the major thing for Crackdown 2. Although there are only three gamemodes, with lacking options like inviting people to your party etc. its meant for those who want to shoot at other agents but the co-op mode isnt really meant for that.

The story is around 2hrs long.

There's no way you can complete the game within 2 hours. That includes activating 27 beams, clearing 9 freak lairs, and seeing as how you would need to level skills like agility anyway because otherwise you are unable to reach some beacons. I'd say the story could be done in 5 or 6 hours but thats only if you the only thing you do is activating beacons and clearing freak laring while ignoring all the other things.

The achievements are so glitchy some of them dont even work!

You probably are doing it the wrong way. Crackdown 2 doesnt have a reputation of broken achievement. I have 640 achievements points right now, and I never had trouble getting some of these achievements. So just make sure you are doing it the right way. for example, if you are going for the achievement where you need to kill 5 enemies with a power slide, make sure they really die due to the power slide.

The amount of bugs in this game is insane

This depends on your definition of a bug. If you are talking about your agent not sticking to some ledges, but instead falls down, then you just need to practice more. The game can be a bit harsh for beginners, but overall there are very few bugs. The only bug I ran into was where I hit the ground after a jump, and my agent got stuck and I had to restart.

If chopper stomper is the one for landing an agency SUV on an agency helicopter, it HAS to be an AI controled helicopter not human controled.

That's wrong. You can have your friend pilot the Agency chopper.

you just have to hover of the SUV, and the person trying to get the achv has to hit the B button and hop the SUV into the bottom part of the main chassis of the chopper.

Very easy.

I haven't had any problems getting achievements either but I didn't get achievements in the demo & I did play the demo.

I like the online play, except that both players don't get the objective done just the host.

It's far from a perfect game, I have been getting very annoyed, but at the same time, it was more of the same, and I liked the original.

IF there was a 3rd one, they would have to fix a LOT of the bugs before I bought it though.

I would agree with this. If you liked the 1st one then this is one you will want to get.

Just had a chat with some people who also have the problem with achievements... some of the descriptions are very misleading, causing achievements to not unlock when you are seemingly doing it correctly.

"This depends on your definition of a bug."

By a bug i mean maybe falling through the map (happened several times)

Helicopters randomly exploding and being stuck in the floor

Getting stuck inside walls, not being able to be revived or to get out.

I agree that the game's achievements can be challenging, but yeah, nothing 'broken' in that department for me yet and I have about 20 of them. It's just a matter of figuring out how to get to them. For instance, the Hope Tower Cell Tactical Location. It starts on the ground, but if you don't have at least Lv. 4 Agility (or a friend who has that or the Agency Chopper unlocked), you can forget about clearing the location, because the enemies spawn in the middle and top of the tower itself.

As others have said, just make sure you did the achievement right and you should get it.

I have seen very few glitches through my play through. Only one i have seen is hitting my friend with the car and he went under the map. With the co-op play for 4 players!!! Not 2 like in crackdown 1 it makes playing around doing things so much more fun.

You think MW2 was a let down? You honestly expected it to be good? Oh dear God (sorry if you are religious). This game is absolutly amazing if you play it with a/some friend(s). The story may be short and the online may be a let down but this doesn't mean there is nothing eles to do. I could list quite a few things to do after the story, but the main one is get a friend and go absolutly fucking mental (excuse my language). Great game, worth buying if you have someone to play with. BTW im not trying to tell you to buy the game, it's your choice.

Edit: What bugs? Ive played for about 40 hours and I haven't encountered a single bug or glitch. Neither have any of my friends. OP, I think your just an unlucky, angry boy/girl.

Edited by dragon strife 1

in my opinion its almost the same game as the origonal but i really like it so if u loved the original and dont mind playing in the same city (saints row 2 anyone) then buy the game its fun just driving a car through a bunch of zombies lol

Ive played about 20-30 hours of the game now, story finished along time ago and collected all the agility orbs, there sstill more for me to do to get 100% so quite alot of time to play. The story is disappointing than the first one because.. there is none. I would rather kill lots of them bosses in crackdown 1 anyday. Still its fun to play.

As a lot of people have said, it's more of a 1.5 than a 2. The story was short, but it was a little longer than the 1st one, and I rather liked it, but that's just me.

I've been on it now for about 12 hours odd, only just done finished the story. There's a good few of the cheeves I know I'm not going to get, but I really feel I've had my moneys worth out of it.

You don't like the game, fine. But don't come in here telling me how to spend my money unless I ask if I should buy it or not. K? K.

Hmm? How very ignorant. I told you guys this to stop you wasting your money, I also said if you wanted to buy it, fair enough. Try reading the full post before you reply like most members here have.

If you didn't want to be told why not to buy it, then why did you read the thread? It has an appropriate name for what it says, and i think people here will agree with me there.

-Sugar

I read your entire post, thanks for asking. You told me I'm wasting my money, and to be frank I feel that is the ignorant statement. You have no business telling me what is and isn't a waste of my money. If you want to say that you feel it was a waste of your own money, fair enough. But don't start telling me about mine.

There have been plenty of other threads from people saying they are disappointed with their purchases, and I have no problem with them. It's when you get so full of yourself trying to tell everyone else what is good use of their own money that I want to start telling people to pucker up. :ass