Installing Game Question

xl RETRO

So, I got screwed over on Ebay, and sold a game that freezes every 5 seconds, the game is GTA: IV. My friend has the game, and is happy to let me borrow it if need be. If I installed the game, and played it with my crappy disk in, would it work perfectly? My friend's game has next to no scratches so that game wouldn't freeze.

Haha, well if it works i'll be okay with the whole 'screwed over on ebay thing', but if it doesn't, and i'm stuck with a broken game, i'm forwarding a parcel to the senders address containing like a rabid racoon or something.

Yeah, I tend to avoid Ebay at all costs for this reason. If you got his address, you could pretend to make nice, send him a bottle of "imported" beer, that may or may not taste like urine. ;)

I'm a little confused, are you saying you're trying to install his copy but then play it with your disc? If so, that won't work. It recognizes which disc was used to install the game. When I was at my friends house and I was going to play some Fallout 3 which I have downloaded, I accidentally grabbed his copy and it said I have to use the disc that was used to install it.

This was before the latest update but I see no reason why they would change it.

I've done this before with a game.

I had a crappy version of Dead Rising, but then got a new one. I gave my sister the crappy version, but used my good disc to install it to her hard drive. YOU CAN DO THIS. It's not like the Arcade games where it HAS to be on the Xbox you installed. You can use completely different discs to do this.