Official(?) Multiplayer Complaints Thread

P1TTMAN

I just wanted to share my MP experience, to find out if this is exactly what everyone else is dealing with.

I take issue with two aspects of Wolfenstein's multiplayer: the servers and the gameplay.

Servers: I admit up front that I have no idea how this works. I don't know how video game companies set up their servers.. actually, if someone who does know could give me a quick summary, I would appreciate it. I just know that this is the worst respected title I've ever tried to connect on.

On the list of available matches, only the top four or five show 2-bar connections; all the rest only have 1, and there is never anything higher (3-5).

Upon entering a lobby, the host always has 5 bars. Most of the other players only have 1, with a few having 2-3. This allows the host an inexcusable advantage over everyone else.

I am unable to host my own match (to get in on the rapage:p) because the game notifies me that I only have enough bandwidth to support 2 players. Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone, and my internet connection is normally very good: is the difference in geographical location? I live in Florida.

Occasionally the connection is so bad that I enter the game on the floor staring at my character's legs; my character is constantly making the throwing motion, and can only move around, jump, and drop grenades.

This general lag regularly results in (on my part) dying very quickly while my bullets seem to do very little damage, and occasionally being unable to move for up to a full minute.

Gameplay: After the problems with the servers, the gameplay issues seem pretty minor, but I would still like to see them fixed.

There is no setup for parties to play together. In a game that relies heavily on teamwork, it doesn't make any sense to force everyone to work with people they've never met before.

Downed players automatically respawn within 2-3 seconds (on TDM), giving medics almost no chance to do their jobs. Without proper communication among the entire team (parties again:(), and with the absence of a minimap, every downed player will need to swivel the camera around himself to see if any medics are nearby, then hit B to halt the automatic respawn. The setup should something like Call of Duty 3, where the default is to wait for the medic, and press a button to respawn.

Does this sound at all like what anyone else is encountering?

The netcode for the multiplayer was written by chimps after they`d all been out on an all day drinking session.

I played a game earlier where the host quit, I was then made host and we played the next game. I have a decent internet connection but the game was horrible for everone in it. There were several periods where players were rooted to the spot. I got several messages afterwards ranging from anger about the lag to accusations of lagswitching.

The tard that accused me of lagswitching filed a complaint against me for cheating and he told me he`d asked all his friends to do the same. :D

On the plus side, the people responcible for the festering turd of a multiplayer all got the sack on release of the game. RTCW was one of the games that got me into PC gaming, but everyone connected to this new abomination should be embarrassed, it`s trash.

By the time MW2 comes out, Wolfenstein multiplayer will all be forgotton about.... thank God.

Edited by KILLBOT

Yeah I had some people complain against me for lagging the game too which sucks cuz my roommate was on his 360 right next to me and knows that I wasn't messing with it. I actually really enjoy the multiplayer but even with that said it needs some major changes with the hosting situation.

I am very surprised no one has mentioned the stat tracking and leveling up *or lack thereof*

The problem is that many people have had there stats and rank wipe clean for some sort of crazy reason. Maybe Id software won't get some crappy company to make there game. Its like they just pasted multiplayer in because every FPS has one.

P.S. What up with the Veil Strike taking 20 minutes to detonate??? It will take years to get to 200 kills with it.

I didn't really mention the stats problems, because I haven't played long enough to really notice this. However, this is a big problem if the stats page is the official count for your online achievements: after playing several Stopwatch/Objective matches today, my stats page still shows me with the same amount of objectives completed as I had yesterday..?

If this is the way it's supposed to work, then these online achievements will never be completed by anyone. :(

Also: anyone else notice that your total playing time actually decreases as you play?

Edited by P1TTMAN

Ok... :confused:

I've just played for several hours, and my stats have not updated at all. :(

Even my total gold is the same: every match I buy upgrades, then the next match they are removed and my gold total is reset.

I'm considering a torch and pitchfork raid. :mad:

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

This is the same thing that happened to me when i was playing mp for a while... i would buy an upgrade and then go into a match and it would be gone with my gold reset and i wouldnt earn any gold. All i did to fix it was just restart my xbox and when i went back to mp it was fine. So try restarting your xbox

I experienced several times that I play a match with my existing rank 17 than I see in the lobby b4 starting the next game that I'm at rank 1 but it's not true, if u quit to the menu and take a look at the leaderboards u can see yr stats there and they are right, or after starting the match it returns to normal so it's maybe only a lobby issue, strange and annoying. Playing with yr friends together is working fine, after the host created the game he can push X and invite the whole party to the game, simple and no problems there. I think pushing B and waiting for the medic is more better than die within 3 secs and give a Mission Impossible job for the medic.

Btw the resetting of all golds earned in the match must happen only in private matches, if it happens in public that must be fixed with a patch top urgent, maybe I'm lucky that never got the same problem. Also that stupid limiting of the minimal bandwidth must be fixed asap.

I just wanted to share my MP experience, to find out if this is exactly what everyone else is dealing with.

I take issue with two aspects of Wolfenstein's multiplayer: the servers and the gameplay.

Servers: I admit up front that I have no idea how this works. I don't know how video game companies set up their servers.. actually, if someone who does know could give me a quick summary, I would appreciate it. I just know that this is the worst respected title I've ever tried to connect on.

On the list of available matches, only the top four or five show 2-bar connections; all the rest only have 1, and there is never anything higher (3-5).

Upon entering a lobby, the host always has 5 bars. Most of the other players only have 1, with a few having 2-3. This allows the host an inexcusable advantage over everyone else.

I am unable to host my own match (to get in on the rapage:p) because the game notifies me that I only have enough bandwidth to support 2 players. Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone, and my internet connection is normally very good: is the difference in geographical location? I live in Florida.

Occasionally the connection is so bad that I enter the game on the floor staring at my character's legs; my character is constantly making the throwing motion, and can only move around, jump, and drop grenades.

This general lag regularly results in (on my part) dying very quickly while my bullets seem to do very little damage, and occasionally being unable to move for up to a full minute.

Gameplay: After the problems with the servers, the gameplay issues seem pretty minor, but I would still like to see them fixed.

There is no setup for parties to play together. In a game that relies heavily on teamwork, it doesn't make any sense to force everyone to work with people they've never met before.

Downed players automatically respawn within 2-3 seconds (on TDM), giving medics almost no chance to do their jobs. Without proper communication among the entire team (parties again:(), and with the absence of a minimap, every downed player will need to swivel the camera around himself to see if any medics are nearby, then hit B to halt the automatic respawn. The setup should something like Call of Duty 3, where the default is to wait for the medic, and press a button to respawn.

Does this sound at all like what anyone else is encountering?

I agree with everything said about the servers but there is a plus about only being able to host a match with two people. You and a friend can boost kills without having to kick anyone out of the room. It's extremely boring but it does work out well.

i have played a good few hours playing mp,only time i have had my rank 1 happen is when ive joined a laggy match,but sometimes my friends have joined my match when they are rank 17-22,then in the lobby they are a 1 rank,but when the match starts and they get there rank and upgrades back,but it is a bit glitchy thou,i have to stress that not everyone should be hosting matches,its ok having a 10mb dl,but if you have only a 700kb upload, then you everyone who is not host will be wasting there time,that is when host advantage is more apparant because of crap upload speeds,host advantage on games will always be there.its because ms use servers for crap dlc and god awful avatar clothing,i want to see proper use of servers and have dedicated ones,then xbox live will be a better place,and thats when games wil be fun relativly lag free,and skill will shine through,but as it is now its just average online

Since I have put time into both, ill throw in a couple pennies. What I have noticed with my gaming career these past couple months is that these fast moving cheap programming companies will help media design teams slap together a game and throw it out as fast as possible. Raven and Grin are just two such companies that I have seen to do this - they slap shit together afap, market it, and sell it. They dont care about getting more than a 70% rating and there movie-to-game rep has proven that. I have NO CLUE why ID would stake there reputation with a garbage company that throws shit together, untested, and slaps it to the public. 90% advertising; BILlIONS in advertising; and a small turbo budget for the game. If they spent a little less time farting at you on the TV screen about how hype there game is going to be (GI Joe comes to mind), they could let there product do the talking and trouble shoot it, make a decent MP, and just plain get the job done right.

All of u guys are right. I decided to boost out all the online cheevos from the game asap (need only 2 of them, rank 25 and 50 the others done) and drop the multiplayer forever and concentrate on the SP mode bcs that's good. Embitterin' to say this, but with my 4400/512 bandwidth I must forget the multiplayer. And as I heard from Nov.this year MS will limit the minimal upload and download speed for the whole XBL gaming, so I have good 3 months to switch ISP or my package by the existing one...sucks.

This is the same thing that happened to me when i was playing mp for a while... i would buy an upgrade and then go into a match and it would be gone with my gold reset and i wouldnt earn any gold. All i did to fix it was just restart my xbox and when i went back to mp it was fine. So try restarting your xbox
Ok, thanks. :) Glad to know there's a possible fix for this, although there shouldn't have to be.

:drunk

I experienced several times that I play a match with my existing rank 17 than I see in the lobby b4 starting the next game that I'm at rank 1 but it's not true, if u quit to the menu and take a look at the leaderboards u can see yr stats there and they are right, or after starting the match it returns to normal so it's maybe only a lobby issue...
This hasn't happened to me that I've noticed; the problem I have is having a total of $4900 at the beginning of a match, I play the match and buy a couple upgrades and gain $1093 more and level up to lvl 9, then at the beginning of the next match I again have $4900 with my new upgrades still locked and back to lvl 8 again. :( The stats on the leaderboard also do not move.

i have played a good few hours playing mp,only time i have had my rank 1 happen is when ive joined a laggy match,but sometimes my friends have joined my match when they are rank 17-22,then in the lobby they are a 1 rank,but when the match starts and they get there rank and upgrades back,but it is a bit glitchy thou,i have to stress that not everyone should be hosting matches,its ok having a 10mb dl,but if you have only a 700kb upload, then you everyone who is not host will be wasting there time,that is when host advantage is more apparant because of crap upload speeds,host advantage on games will always be there.its because ms use servers for crap dlc and god awful avatar clothing,i want to see proper use of servers and have dedicated ones,then xbox live will be a better place,and thats when games wil be fun relativly lag free,and skill will shine through,but as it is now its just average online
Uh-oh... that might explain some of it: my connection is 6mb/512k. Am just officially fucked then?

i havnt heard ms doing that about minimal dl/ul,do you have a link to a site for that satyatax?.some of your connections will be fine for playing of host,but i would just play with your friends with just a few in a room,or just boost it,i like the mp on this game,a few more weapons and couple of maps would of been nice,yes it has a few problems,but every game has them mp wise,ala gow 2,halo 3,cod 4 had 1 or two probs,but it had a beta test to iron them out, i have 22mb dl and a 2.4mb ul,my isp are trying out to double those speeds which is guna be awesome,but it wont be cheap,sorry if it is of topic,lol

I got the info abt that dl/ul limit from a friend of mine, everything what he told me in the past was correct but I'll ask him again where the info came from, is it only a rumour or can be confirmed anywhere etc. The whole net service by us in Hungary is laughable, there are just a few ADSL ISP's, I'm at the main one T-Online, I pay 40 US a month for this 4400/512 plus 20 US for the phone line and 30 US for the cable TV... There are some more ISP's, only one of them uses optical system, but I can't switch to any of them at this time bcs nobody in my surrounding uses or want to use theyr service so they don't build up the connection just for me or a few more ppl. Some of my friends are lucky they teamed up and got the service from that ISP, they pay around 30 US a month for a better net+phone+cable TV all together... nah ok let's finish off-topic, sry guys I'm just a bit embittered bcs it sucks not only for Wolfenstein but for all my XBL gaming.