Easy way to get Self Sacrifice

gatorbait

The easiest way to get this achievement I found was through Season mode. Instead of having to rely mostly on luck to get a player injured during a game, you can just start up a season and trade for an injured player on another team that can still play however. Put him on your first line and play the next game on your schedule.

I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere so I wanted to offer this bit of advice if you're a little hung up on this achievement.

It can be done in Play Now or Online Ranked with a friend. You can also skate hard towards the boards and check the boards. The announcer will mention that the guy injured himself and a few in game minutes later the medical assistant will ask you if you want the guy to play with an injury. Just hit the correct button to make him play.

Edited by ocelot 212

It can be done in Play Now or Online Ranked with a friend. You can also skate hard towards the boards and check the boards. The announcer will mention that the guy injured himself and a few in game minutes later the medical assistant will ask you if you want the guy to play with an injury. Just hit the correct button to make him play.

I am aware an injury can happen in a game. I'm simply offering a guaranteed way to get an injured player that can play that takes little time and is available from the start of the game.

Alternatively, just start fighting. I got in 5 or 6 fights during one of my battle for the cup games, and one of my guys got hurt and then he scored. Ive had many more injuries this way in contrast to getting nailed agaisnt the boards and going down, which has only happened twice for me.

• 1 month later...