Get Wolfenstein Free, if it out sells Madden 10

Evil Demon55

I was watching the Science Channel the other night, and it was about the evolution of games and military. It went on to showing Wolfenstein 3D, and outlawed in Germany and creation of Doom, ect...

Anyways, as they were talking about Wolfenstein 3D, they started talking about the new Wolfenstein game coming out for the Xbox 360. They ssaid that if you buy the new Wolfenstein in the month of August and it outsells Madden 10, you will get a check for $60 back if you keep your recipt and show them.

I did my research, and here you go.

Lead designer of Raven Software Manveer Heir has offered to pay gamers back for their copies of Wolfenstein if the game outsells Madden NFL

http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif

. His Twitter post reads: “Here’s the deal folks: if Wolfenstein outsells Madden 10 in August I will personally pay for your copy (keep your receipt) – SPREAD THE WORD”

Later, Heir added some information about his offer: “Rules clarification since I’m getting questions: Any platform, using NPD numbers, need a copy of your receipt, you must follow me on Twitter.”

We can assume that the offer is only valid in North America, seeing as NPD only offers services for video games in one part of the world. So, be sure to follow the man and save your receipt, in case hell freezes over and Madden doesn’t sell like hotcakes

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2009/08/13/wolfenstein-free-if-outsells-madden/

Anyone know where to find the top sales list for the month of Aug.?

Edit: Has there already been a thread made for this topic? Not sure...

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_2008_in_review

This is just some Wiki site, so obviously the credibility is questionable, but here's the NPD data I found for August 2008--

1. Madden NFL 09 (X360) - 1.0m
  2. Madden NFL 09 (PS3) - 643K
  3. Madden NFL 09 (PS2) - 424.5K
  4. Wii Fit (Wii) - 394.9K
  5. Mario Kart (Wii) - 328.7K
  6. Wii Play w/remote (Wii) - 200.2K
  7. Soul Calibur IV (X360) -174K
  8. Too Human (X360) -168.2K
  9. Madden NFL 09 (Wii) - 115.8K
  10. Guitar Hero: On Tour (NDS) - 111.2K

I have to admit... the inclusion of Too Human on that top 10 list kinda shocks me.

Ok if they really want a FAIR fight Madden vs Modern Warfare 2

If it's to show them how mush shooters and M rated games do put that up

How is that a fair match? Didn't Call of duty 2, 3, and Modern Warfare get game of the year? Madden Sells at least 2m copies before the year is over, but no matter what madden will never beat COD gamo a gamo .

Ok if they really want a FAIR fight Madden vs Modern Warfare 2

Lolwut? Madden vs MW2 is not even close at all. Especially since this guy said first month sales. Modern Warfare 2 would absolutely annihilate Madden. Remember that very few people outside of America would even purchase Madden (I can't even imagine why people within America do).

Madden won't outsell MW2 but it will sell alot of copies and guaranteed more than Wolfenstein.

Madden is always one of the top sellers every year ( at least in America). I buy it every year for my love of football. I have to admit that this years Madden looks very impressive graphic wise. The best yet imo. I enjoy the franchise mode and play it well after I get a 1000 on it. This years was a ridiculously easy 1000. I got it in a day or so. I'm about to start up my franchise.