So why do people love COD so much?

gmorra

As someone else said in another thread:"Why is when a new call of duty comes out people take it as the second coming of Jesus."I mean I'm pumped for CoD:MW2 but really I think its way over hyped.The only CoD campaign I liked was CoD 4 and it wasn't even that great(I know it says I haven't played it on this account because this is my new account).

Because its addicting. They think of what people will like and put it into action, No one likes being killed by the same gun, So they level all the guns out to be similar, Theres a way to counter everything, Some one has juggernaught? You use double tap. And at the time cod4 was released im sure alot of people were into modern warfare games. So that helped abit. The story was also good :)

Its like halo. I think Halo is completely crapI dont get the game, But people still play it.

Because of the realism compared to Halo IMO

Halo has a science fiction feel to it , you got spartan lasers , floating vehicles called, powers to make you invisible, etc

However Call of Duty is like , as 4 is called, modern warfare

Most FPS fans will love it as opposed to people who have other interests like me

When i first got my 360 i never played online before, i just wanted a game that involved shooting people. Saw the hype that was around cod4 and got it for christmas. loved it so i plan on picking it up every year. Not a Cod fan though, since i never played 1,2, or 3.

I used to play Call of Duty 4 all the time with my friends, but then I got tired of it. The monotony of the online finally got to me. It just wasn't fun anymore playing the same gametypes on the same maps. I went back to Halo because there is a lot more diversity in maps and gametypes. However, Modern Warfare 2 is looking very good, so I might be getting that.

It's the same as Halo and Gears for people. I like COD's multiplayer a lot better than Gears (played both on a different tag) because it may lag sometimes, but not nearly as much as it does on Gears. Plus any of the glitches in COD aren't gamebreaking or cheap as hell as Gears are.

I love Call of Duty. However, I would like to see a little more substance and depth put into the single player campaign. I'm not much for multiplayer. In fact, I would be elated if Call of Duty, and Gears of War would beef up their campaigns. I get that they are notorious for their extensive online communities, but that's of little consequence to me. Beef up those campaigns, and try to offer up some more campaign-related DLC

because it's a fun game. (period)

I don't really get the question. Why do people like apples. . . .. . . . .because they're good. Put on your thinking cap gmorra. Although if you keep getting beaten bad i could understand why you'd ask a question like that, but oh well.

Also, there are many call of duty sections on this site, you could've done what others do and find one and throw this in there. If you want to play some call of duty, send me a fr.

It's not that amazing to me but I guess people like it because the whole time you are playing multiplayer you're actually working towards something... for example everytime you get a kill you're a step closer to unlocking new guns, attachments and ranks. The realism also offers a nice change from other big games known for multiplayer such as Halo 3 and Gears Of War 2.

I never really got the whole obsession with Call of Duty. I like the games (the only ones I'd even be closed to obsessed with are WaW and CoD3) themselves, they just get a bit repetitive after a while.

I'm not getting MW2 at release. I want to see if it is as good as it's hyped up to be first. Call of Duty 3 has been my favorite game with the Call of Duty name on it.

Just a simple question, I don't really understand why it has such a hype. I never hopped on this bandwagon so I don't really get it. Is it becuase of the graphics or gameplay? I dunno?

I'm not being sarcastic either! I really want to truly know.:)

I'm not a big COD fan either. I really only play all the games because my buddies love them, so I'll hop on it for a while. It gets addictive after a while, but even when it hits the point of addiction, it's not really fun. Call of Duty 2 was my favorite Call of Duty. The campaign and multiplayer were just sick as hell!

as they say .. its one of the best shooter games ever and I call it middle of honor killer !!

but.. still .. when I see those kids playing it and jumping in front of you while playing in the MP .. I just hate the game .. cos they destroy it.. and most of them are using some stupid lame gamertag names .. such as:

Snipaa for evea

headshotmaster

headsot snipa

mr head shot2453256

blah blah blah .. I hate them .. eww

about the single player... the game is awesome and fun .. non stop action with good graphics and impressive events.. the achievements are always good in cod games !

love this game.. but I hate people playing it :p