Sharing world with other players?

My girlfriend and I have been playing Minecraft together on the 360 since it came out. What I didn't realize is that because I created our world, she's unable to play it solo on her account (she only gets the option for 'new game'). She can also obtain achievements, but not avatar awards when playing on the world I created.

I don't know much about the PC version, but is sharing your world with other players possible, and if so, does it seem like this feature may come to the 360 version later (or at least having one's world accessible by anyone on the same console)?

I think It can be done without violating any rules. A friend and I are trying it out. What we've done is I started a seed and gave him the name of the seed and now whenever he loads that game it should have the latest changes that either of us have made. That's what the theory is at least.

I think It can be done without violating any rules. A friend and I are trying it out. What we've done is I started a seed and gave him the name of the seed and now whenever he loads that game it should have the latest changes that either of us have made. That's what the theory is at least.

no thats not how seeds work, it will just start him a fresh new map on that world

There is a way to do it, but you run the risk of Microsoft taking action against you. I've gone to the forums and asked this very same question, best intentions or not, it is a possible consequence.

If you still want to know how, I'll direct you to the right place, but not here.

To answer your 2nd paragraph question. Yes it is very easy to do on PC because they have dedicated servers. Meaning the server is always there and anyone can join it, with or without the main host.

In the xbox version the server isnt "always there", its only "there" when the host player is in it.

And no, I personally dont think dedicated servers will be coming to Minecraft 360.

My girlfriend and I have been playing Minecraft together on the 360 since it came out. What I didn't realize is that because I created our world, she's unable to play it solo on her account (she only gets the option for 'new game'). She can also obtain achievements, but not avatar awards when playing on the world I created.

I don't know much about the PC version, but is sharing your world with other players possible, and if so, does it seem like this feature may come to the 360 version later (or at least having one's world accessible by anyone on the same console)?

PC version uses servers so your world is always online and available.

XBOX 360 version does not. Could be a feature they add later but I wouldn't count on it.

As an aside, I wonder how hard it would be for there to be a service that provides some sort of online storage for one's world saves?

Let's say I am hosting a few of my friends in a world on my xbox; when I finish and log out, the service could automatically upload my save (presumably a rather small file) to a server somewhere, accessible by my friends using a password, such that if they wanted to play it any one of them could download it and start hosting it themselves. In due course when they log out it could be uploaded back whence it came.

It could work like the cloud saves facility already in place, albeit in some sort of a shared space.

No servers would be needed to run worlds on, just a server to store saves.

I think it would cure a lot of problems quite neatly.

As an aside, I wonder how hard it would be for there to be a service that provides some sort of online storage for one's world saves?

Let's say I am hosting a few of my friends in a world on my xbox; when I finish and log out, the service could automatically upload my save (presumably a rather small file) to a server somewhere, accessible by my friends using a password, such that if they wanted to play it any one of them could download it and start hosting it themselves. In due course when they log out it could be uploaded back whence it came.

It could work like the cloud saves facility already in place, albeit in some sort of a shared space.

No servers would be needed to run worlds on, just a server to store saves.

I think it would cure a lot of problems quite neatly.

I've already gone to both Microsoft and the developers asking for that :(

Yet to hear back.