Kinect doesn't appear to be reading me properly

CreepyUncleMike

This is starting to get really annoying as it keeps failing me on a move I can't possibly be getting wrong: Tell Em. It keeps highlighting my right arm in red no matter which arm is moving. Yep, even when my right arm is supposed to be (and is) dangling by my side, the arm keeps getting marked in red. Standing closer or farther away doesn't seem to help, neither does recalibration (although I need to flip on an extra light for that) and Kinect appears to be tracking me just fine.

I don't know if it's a lighting issue or not. The Kinect seems to see me best with 2 bedside lamps on and this issue has been happening the past 2 nights. I haven't seen if daylight makes a difference yet. I have purchased a mount for the Kinect, which has not been assembled yet, though I'm not sure if that will help if I have a lighting issue.

It seems very strange this is just happening on the one move (and possibly the flex, though maybe that is just me), especially on just one arm, while the Count In works just fine. I don't remember having a problem with Tell Em during Poker Face (i've gotten gold stars on all 3 difficulties), but it seems pretty clear when I have my arm at my side when it's supposed to be and it's still marking it wrong, it's not reading me right. And this is really annoying since I was trying to get 100% on I Know You Want Me hard in break it down.

Anyone have something like this happen? Is it possible I'm doing something wrong on this move after all?

Seems I spoke too soon about it tracking me properly. I kept testing tracking and a couple times it said my face wasn't clear.

As for the lighting conditions, I'm playing in my bedroom with the foot of one bed behind me, a door to my left, and a ceiling fan/overhead light to my right. This light seems to do no good unless I'm calibrating at night. Next to each bed, in opposite corners of the room, are 2 small lamps on nightstands. The television is near a third corner of the room. When it shows the picture when my face isn't clear, the lamp next to the bed behind me glows like a ball of plasma.

In the past, these 2 lamps seemed to be adequate and Kinect could track me across the play space wherever I stood. Currently, the Kinect is at the base of the television. I'm hoping once it's elevated by the mount that hasn't been set up yet, the picture will improve.

Ah well, guess I can still work on trying to unlock other challenges at the night in the meantime. By the way, is it just me or are the songs for the tough challenge way easier than the songs for the moderate challenge? At least on easy.

And yes, even slowing it down has the same problem. Right arm each time. Whether at my side or making the necessary motions. Left arm had not been highlighted in the same way once.

Edited by CreepyUncleMike
new reply after I began typing and before it posted

All right, in daylight, most of the tracking dead zones are gone. I should be able to stay out of them. Is it possible some of the items in the background could interfere with the tracking? The bed behind me is not being slept in, so my whole family's been using it as a dumping ground, including at least one piece of exercise equipment propped up against it.

Ah well, the main purpose of this new post was to reveal something even stranger. After seeing the problem in I Know You Want Me again, I decided to try Poker Face hard in Break It Down. I had no issue with Tell Em there. I didn't have any body part highlighted once. So how am I consistenly nailing the move in one song, but screwing it up in another?