Crawmeax Easy

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the cliff glitch still works last time i tried. ive killed it maybe 100-150 times now using the glitch, just for comfirmation that it still works.

I tried Crawmerax this morning solo, with a lvl 61 soldier after reading the info in this thread...and suceeded first attempt.

Heres how it went down:

I exited the lift, slammed down a scorpio turret and made straight for the cliff on the left as advised, I actually ducked down asap and crawled right till the very end. Only 1 of those worms followed me and incapped me, so I shotgunned it do death point blank and get a second wind (SW has saved my ass SO many times!)

I look above the ledge and see that Craw and his minions are just wriggling on the spot and making no attempt to kill me, so I knew it was now just a question of gunmanship. I used my 900 dmg sniper rifle to hit the purple spots, before switching to my scoped 244 dmg combat rifle which was more effective. This part was easy and before long all limbs and eyes were out.

The long, boring part was having to hit his back whilst he is facing you. Luckily I had a rocket launcher that had a mortar like incline, in that the shot would curve downwards fairly sharply. I aimed above its head, just above the silhouette of that rock tower behind him and watched the shots come down. Annoyingly only a percentage of the shots hit him and I had to time carefully. I had an ammo regen mod which was invaluable, although you could just slam down a scorpio and regen that way (alot slower).

After a 1 hour long battle (yup) he fell and dropped a load of loot, nothing above orange though :( Still picked up an awesome shield, a powerful CR and afew other groovy weapons.

• 1 month later...

I'd like some help with Crawmerax too. I'm only a lvl 50 berserker. You're free to take the loot, although I wouldn't mind getting a Skullmasher.

My gamertag is Evil Antendo

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm on playthrough 1

Edited by Antendo

I guess it could be possible to do it without going through playthru2...but your biggest problem is going to be lack of good gear, and relatively low weapon proficiencies. After you finish the main story on playthru2, all the enemies will now match your level. I went from 57 to 61 finishing Ned's Zombie Island that was now infested with lvl62 zombies :-)

I did it solo with my 62 Siren. Even using the corner trick I still had to deal with a few worms and maggots, so you really need good corrosive and fire weapons - hopefully something with ammo regeneration.

Even on failed tries, killing a few of his minions boosted my weapon proficiency quite a bit.

Completed playthru2 and repeated Ned's Zombie island to pickup some better gear. Finished that at about level 62.

If anyone's still having problems finding the magic ledge, once you get to the top of the elevator look to the left and you'll see this small column of rock with a large rock on top. On the overhead map, this is on the lower left side, where the "bulge" is. Along the bulge is a ledge, and up towards the column is a second, lower ledge. This is where you need to go, and then crouch down.

I was using a Siren so dashing over there was fairly easy.

If you're lucky, neither he or his minions will have seen you. If one of them did, chances are they'll fall off the cliff trying to get to you (although I did have one tackle me, and we both plummeted to our death...)

If you've managed to escape view, and deal with any minions that did see you, hopefully now you can focus on the big guy. Stand up and take a shot at him to get his attention, then duck back down. If he spit acid balls, I went into Phasewalk. Usually he'd come over to the edge and try to snap at me. Shoot his weakspots as best you can. Eventually he'll get tired, and dive. Stand up and get ready to shoot the spot on his back when he comes back up.

That's it really. Repeat until he's dead. It'll take you along time, and a lot of ammo which is why you need something that regenerates ammo for your gun(s). I actually found it easier to use a shotgun as you didn't need to aim very carefully.

A few times, I thought he was going to fall off the ledge and/or take me with him. The game got very confused as I ended up inside of him as he tried to hit me. It was very strange. Unfortunately, you can't damage him from the inside...so I just had to wait for him to finish and leave.

After a long battle, and he had just a sliver of health left, he surfaced with his back to me. He was making an odd noise too - almost as if he knew he was finished and just wanted me to put him out of his misery.

*bang*

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried over and over and over and can never get it to work. I cant even get help from my brother and friend to beat the damn creature. Can anyone help me out maybe. I need 5 more to get all achievements and 2 will get done after beating him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could use a little assistance killing Crawmerax on Playthrough 1. If anyone would like to help me out (aka kill him for me, since I'm a level 45 Soldier...>< ) I'd really appreciate it. First shot at loot is, of course, yours. Feel free to add me on XBL. GT: beberly

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
i heard that this glitch was patched, which would explain why the corner glitch isn't working for me. if anyone can prove or disprove this, please do so because this is the last achievement i need for borderlands.

Hey there

I can confirm the glitch still works as I was doing some weapon farming today and killed Crawmerax twice on solo using the Leviathan to finish him off. The character I was using was Roland Level 69. The one tip I would give is to immediate trigger your Scorpio Turret as soon as you're up top and to sprint over to the glitch spot. It doesn't always work but I've found the turret keeps Crawmerax and the worms occupied long enough so that you can reach the glitch spot without them noticing you. A good sign is when you hear your turret firing when you're sprinting as this means no worms are following you to the glitch spot.

By the way, I thought you needed to have completed the "You.Will.Die" mission in order to get the Completionist achievement?

• 4 weeks later...

I beat him alone with a level 66 soldier. Mainly used a sniper rifle that does 1000 damage per shot. And on some parts I used my assault riffle. It was mainly boring rather than hard. But managed to finish it on the first try :) Hardest part was that he kept moving all the time and the purple spots go hiding when he moves and it's a bit hard for me to scope around them.

• 4 weeks later...
ive tried it, i shoot all his critical spots, all 4 claws and his eye are gone. but he still his a little life left? where would i shoot hiim at if all that is gone, is my game glitched or am i missing something . gamretag Darkness 727420

he has a purple patch on his back that is hard to glitch the way i did it was with 2 controllers glitch him until all his purple crit spotas are gone at the front then bring your 2nd controller up the elevator and get behind him and shoot him he will agro the 2nd controller leaving his back open so nuke it down when you can should help

• 6 months later...

this beasty is all i need to complete secret armory dlc, dont wanna start claptrap till then and i defo dont wanna do moxxi, well borin, lol, never got anything like this to work tho, im a lvl 54 soldier but a friend dropped a couple o cool weapons so i may try again