FAQs - Look Here Before Asking Questions.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what you have to do to get the thrown physics objects acheivement? I try to pick things up and throw it at them but it doesn't go very far.

"Kill 30 enemies with thrown physics objects"? you get this achievement by throwing objects with the gravity gun and killing an enemy. pull stuff in (left trigger) then shot it at the enemy (right trigger)

Does anyone know where that singing thing is on Water Hazard? Also, I have yet to see a flare...are those only later in the game?

after defeating the hunter chopper in the water hazard level you will have to open a gate to get up to a building. instead of going to the building go through the gate straight to the back and you will see two pipes the one on the left is the one the "singing thing" is in. use your air boat to get into the pipe and make sure you have plenty of health.

the flares are in episode 1

you have to put something in the teleporter bigger than it. use the computer monitor or i used a barrel that you can get if you start at the beginning of the level "Red Letter Day"

teleport from the left side and make sure it is touch at the bottom of the teleporter and not hovering above it. (when you do this you will see what i am talking about)

I just read it again and I still don't understand how to knock down a camera without a portal. It's probably something really obvious, but I don't know how to get them off the wall without a portal. Some of the cameras are in places where you can't use portals and I don't know how to vandalize them/knock them off the wall.

On Testroom 18, how do you get up to the crate? Its the big room where you take out 4 turrets and then get the square platform to go from side to side. When i reach the other side and try to jump for it i always miss. You can't use a portal and you can't grab the crate in the middle of the jump so i have no idea how this thing works.

On Testroom 18, how do you get up to the crate? Its the big room where you take out 4 turrets and then get the square platform to go from side to side. When i reach the other side and try to jump for it i always miss. You can't use a portal and you can't grab the crate in the middle of the jump so i have no idea how this thing works.

I'm having trouble with this part on advanced. On normal, you activate the switch one level below the crate. The wall will pop out on the opposite side of the room (the same wall that popped out to let you into the room originally), portal yourself next to the wall, place a portal on the wall that's sticking out and angled, then there should be a small floor amidst the acid below from where you're standing (look over the edge below to find it). Place a portal down there and fall into it and you'll go flying across the room into the crate area. I'm having trouble because that floor by the acid is gone in advanced. I've tried falling into the floor near the crate and switch, but it's at an angle and I always miss my mark. Good luck.

I'm having trouble with this part on advanced. On normal, you activate the switch one level below the crate. The wall will pop out on the opposite side of the room (the same wall that popped out to let you into the room originally), portal yourself next to the wall, place a portal on the wall that's sticking out and angled, then there should be a small floor amidst the acid below from where you're standing (look over the edge below to find it). Place a portal down there and fall into it and you'll go flying across the room into the crate area. I'm having trouble because that floor by the acid is gone in advanced. I've tried falling into the floor near the crate and switch, but it's at an angle and I always miss my mark. Good luck.

for advanced, before you enter the room with the turrets and cube, hit the switch to open the angled door, quickly go through and turn around and place a orange portal on the angled door, then quickly go back through the door towards the button (where the cube will go) and free fall to the level below and quickly shoot a blue portal which will shoot you out to the cube if done quickly enough. Then use the cube to protect you from the turrets. walk out to the edge fall and quickly walk backwards. You will land on the level below. Shoot a portal above the door (that is currently closed) and one on the wall beside you. hit the switch, grab your cube and jump through. You can now advance to the next portion.