Don't be that guy...

CGPsaint

Same! But I will gladly be a gunner for those folks!

Yarp! That's something I enjoy doing, but find it hard to get into a chopper, cuz everyone's usually buddyed up.

Played rush on wake island, and the other team who had a chopper that was something crazy like 40-5, he was tearing us a new one! I cracked out the SOFLAM, expecting someone to take him out. No one was interested, and he single handily won the game with some shocking K/D... Everyone on my team was 'that guy'!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a learning curve though. A lot of us are COD converts, and come into BF with a COD mentality. It's only through reading threads like this did I learn to become a team player. I used to be guilty of pretty much all of the above, but I've learnt pretty quick that that sort of play doesn't win matches or friends.

Don't you feel so much better now? Shed that COD/Halo Mentality and embrace the goodness that is Battlefield. Why splash around in the shallow end when you can dive into the deep end and really experience a FPS the way that it was meant to be experienced. (granted, the PC version is where it's really at, but for us console gamers, this is as good as it gets!)

Don't you feel so much better now? Shed that COD/Halo Mentality and embrace the goodness that is Battlefield. Why splash around in the shallow end when you can dive into the deep end and really experience a FPS the way that it was meant to be experienced. (granted, the PC version is where it's really at, but for us console gamers, this is as good as it gets!)

Sure do.

I actually didn't get on with it at first. Bought it when it first came, but really struggled to get to grips with it, mechanically soooooo much different to COD!

The thing is, I'm a sucker for a bargain and had points to spend, so I went out and got premium 2 weeks ago. Well I guess the rest's history now... Hooked!!

Don't you feel so much better now? Shed that COD/Halo Mentality and embrace the goodness that is Battlefield. Why splash around in the shallow end when you can dive into the deep end and really experience a FPS the way that it was meant to be experienced

While I do agree, I would say that 70% of my "skills" in BF3 comes from playing Halo for several years. Awareness, aim and call-outs are all things I've learned while playing Halo and if you have those three things you are guaranteed to be a great player in BF3.

For me it's the guys who wont get off the stairs. I can't count how many times I am running from a full squad of guys who have me pinned down when I come across some a-hole standing in the stairs. He then proceeds to start jumping up and down while we are both being shot.

Apparently the massive amount of dorritos floating in the air behind me and the high rate of gunfire coming over my shoulder is not enough of an indication to GET THE F**K OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

Reviving in the middle of a shitstorm is pretty high on my list.

THISSSSSS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)

I know its good i seem to be getting into more games AND peeps are starting to learn what thise 2 little paddles are but still kill the frigging guy that took me out first !!! LOL

THISSSSSS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:)

I know its good i seem to be getting into more games AND peeps are starting to learn what thise 2 little paddles are but still kill the frigging guy that took me out first !!! LOL

Yeah, this annoys me to no end! DICE could fix this problem real quick by only awarding the points AFTER i press accept! If i don't accept it (because of the above situation) NO points! I bet we wouldn't see half as much pointwhore's reviving in impossible situations....

Off topic: some of the flags are scetchy though! Tunnel B flag on Damavand his some real problems: when i approach i can sit by the large fuel tank on the one side or the containers on the other and the flag marker pops on screen. But as soon as i move an inch it disappears and will only pop up when i get REALLY close! Really annoying!
Also there are some weird things where you can have the container between you and the flag and be capping but if you go INSIDE the container, thus CLOSER to the flag, you won't be capping any more. Same for A on Tehran Highway where there's a pile of cocaine (I know it's not but it entertains me to think the big packets of white is coke! :p) - you can cap the flag from all around those piles but if you jump on top of them you actually leave the cap radius!

Also, thewintman, I know exactly where you're coming from. This is only my second Battlefield title, the first was Bad Company 2, and GOSH I HATED IT when my friends convinced me to put Call of Duty down and play it with them. I was like "What the fuck is this shit?! I can't do anything by myself!" and it took me SO. GODDAMN. LONG. to learn how to play properly.

I've been trying to tell a friend of mine this in regard to him moving to BF from COD as well but his mind is far too embedded in (saturated with?) Call of Duty it's just not getting through to him. Which is sad, because I know from experience what it's like to finally realise the full potential of Battlefield after years of FPS mediocrity!

While I do agree, I would say that 70% of my "skills" in BF3 comes from playing Halo for several years. Awareness, aim and call-outs are all things I've learned while playing Halo and if you have those three things you are guaranteed to be a great player in BF3.

I definitely agree that playing other titles contributed towards my skill in BF. I cut my teeth lone-wolfing on the likes of Counter-Strike, Halo and COD, but none of them ever set the stage for the level of teamwork made possible in the BF franchise. It is definitely a shock for those not familiar with the franchise to suddenly be thrust into situations where people are actually relying on you and looking to you for support. I guess the best advice we can offer new players is to know what your class is capable of and at the very least, throw down an ammo box or medkit near your teammates.

For me it's the guys who wont get off the stairs. I can't count how many times I am running from a full squad of guys who have me pinned down when I come across some a-hole standing in the stairs. He then proceeds to start jumping up and down while we are both being shot.

I like when Support Gunners lay prone on the stairs with an LMG guarding the door. I want to send them a message and let them know that Claymores do work some of the time, thus freeing them up to do something more constructive with their time.

Yeah, this annoys me to no end! DICE could fix this problem real quick by only awarding the points AFTER i press accept! If i don't accept it (because of the above situation) NO points! I bet we wouldn't see half as much pointwhore's reviving in impossible situations....

I like this idea. People really are just greedy when it comes to reviving, especially after the first two times. At some point you just have to let it go.

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? It's those random fools on my team who continue to rush into deadlocked areas where the firing line will cut you down at the waist. I'm then the LONE man trying to break the wall, and instead of backing me up, they just keep running back to the place we're being held down to DIE. ARGG!!!

All my other peeves have already been stated.

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? It's those random fools on my team who continue to rush into deadlocked areas where the firing line will cut you down at the waist. I'm then the LONE man trying to break the wall, and instead of backing me up, they just keep running back to the place we're being held down to DIE. ARGG!!!

All my other peeves have already been stated.

I watch this happening constantly on the mini map. Just a heads up for all of the fools out there. If you see a bunch of skulls pop up in the same area, take that as a warning and go a different way or tread more cautiously.

people really don't know how to throw down Medkits/Ammo Boxes in TDM. I was on a 18 Kill Streak when I suddenly found myself without any ammo. Fortunately there was a Support Gunner nearby. Camping in a corner. NOT THROWING DOWN AMMO. After several attempts to get him to drop ammo

This reminds me of my favourite Battlefield Friends

" I need ammo" cracks me up every time,

love it > [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGmRzmyEWA]Battlefield Friends EP 8 Mortars - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, at least the defenders can't destroy their own MCOMs any more like you could in BC2!

Very true. I also like the fact that you have to actually arm the MCOMs to destroy them, unlike in BFBC2. I destroyed more than my fair share by:

1.) Spamming the MCOM with M320 rounds.

2.) Jihad Jeeps loaded with C4.

3.) Placing C4 directly on the MCOM.

and my personal favorite...

4.) Mortar attacks to bring down the building on the MCOM!

It was always a nice bonus to get several kills whilst dropping a building with Mortars to destroy the MCOM.

Very true. I also like the fact that you have to actually arm the MCOMs to destroy them, unlike in BFBC2. I destroyed more than my fair share by:

1.) Spamming the MCOM with M320 rounds.

2.) Jihad Jeeps loaded with C4.

It was always a nice bonus to get several kills whilst dropping a building with Mortars to destroy the MCOM.

Attacking on Arica Harbour.

Tank with zoom optics.

First set of MCOMs.

Shoot building.

???

Profit.

Attacking on Arica Harbour.

Tank with zoom optics.

First set of MCOMs.

Shoot building.

???

Profit.

Ahh yes! I forgot about using Tanks to get it done. Why use Zoom Optics. I can't tell you how many times I just drop up to the MCOM and blasted away at it. Or using the UAV's rocket to slowly but surely destroy either the MCOM or the building that it was in!

One of the most frustrating things while playing on pubs, is when your on a shit team, which is pretty much every time, and you in the process of flanking the enemy, no one else understand this, and the retards start spawning on you shooting at enemys that haven't seen us, getting us all killed. I have rage quit so many times because of this.

This is just one thing, theres alot of other incredibly frustrating things, probably at least 20 more, i have a quit % of like 40 now, BF3 makes me rage 90% of the time.

One of the most frustrating things while playing on pubs, is when your on a shit team, which is pretty much every time, and you in the process of flanking the enemy, no one else understand this, and the retards start spawning on you shooting at enemys that haven't seen us, getting us all killed. I have rage quit so many times because of this.

This is just one thing, theres alot of other incredibly frustrating things, probably at least 20 more, i have a quit % of like 40 now, BF3 makes me rage 90% of the time.

Hahaha, i feel you man! I have my rage pretty much in check the last couple of years, but somehow my team in BF usually gets the better of me and i freak out sometimes (okay, a lot of times)

Stupid squads are (one) of the main reasons i dont play Rush anymore. My stupid team is attacking and EVERYBODY is trying the one chokepoint.

Me (in a Jeep) circling the entire map sneaking in from behind, see squad spawning on me, i arrive at Mcomm, arm it and die: squad nowhere to be found! Turned out they all bailed on me miles before i hit the base (because its scary there and they might die)

i would place c4 on mcoms i just triggered, as a way to defend it. I also, for some reason, when i carried mines as an attacker put them on the mcom. maybe to get some extra oompth.

as a sniper...wait...wait...wait... no other sniper is using mortars...use mortars. nothing was worse than you start mortaring a building and some other snipers gets the credit.

btw, i really like the changes they made on what needs to happen to blow up an mcom. it sucked having it blow up for other reason.

Okay time for a bump and I posted this in another thread, being Mr. Off Topic as usual, pasting it here where it belongs! :p

One thing that drives me nutso:

Tank v Tank

Dude in the CITV seat jumps out to rocket the tank rather than laser paint. The one-two punch of the guided shell and MBC shell which almost always results in a quick tank kill... no longer an option, and we both end up dying.

BLARGH ARGHING FUCKARGH!!!! :mad: It's not a fucking passenger seat!!

This happened to me quite a few times that night I finally got back online....