So does it suck?

I actually kind of liked the game (Have to tell that I am a huge fan of the comics and the series). It maybe is not a masterpiece in gameplay but the story is very well told. So if you see this game as a kind of interactive tv episode you won't be disappointed I guess. I wasn't and look forward to the next episodes. Moreover it is pretty cheap (but I have to say that it is very short also).

If you re not sure if you should purchase it or not try the demo first...

Edited by Tk l GaMBit

I haven't watched the show and my reading of the comics is very minimal.

I loved the demo.

I also loved Telltale's Back to the Future game (which is the only game of theirs that I have played prior to this demo).

Though I am just waiting to experience the whole thing as one big game instead of in parts.

I played the demo and the only thing I hated was that you have certain time to choose an answer. Imagine that shit on Mass Effect or some similar games with multiple choice answers. Don't know why is that but it sucks.

my only real complaint as well, especilly since some of the choices seem to randomly speed up and fly by

i love that answers are timed...it adds a level of urgency and forces you to go with your gut instead of slowly analyzing each response. there were a lot of "oh, crap! what should i say?" moments for me...really fun!

thats well and good for the life threatening do or die moments, but do i really need a 3 second timer to force me to decide how i want to answer a question like "where do you work"

thats well and good for the life threatening do or die moments, but do i really need a 3 second timer to force me to decide how i want to answer a question like "where do you work"

i think it adds a sense of realtime to the game. imagine if you were asked a question at work/school and you spent 30 seconds thinking about what you could say. sometimes you just have to act on impulse. (and yes i know its a game and not real life)

i think it adds a sense of realtime to the game. imagine if you were asked a question at work/school and you spent 30 seconds thinking about what you could say. sometimes you just have to act on impulse. (and yes i know its a game and not real life)

but they aren't consistant with it so that shouldn't be an issue. theres some options where you can sit for as long as you like, plus it's not like the game has a running clock or sense of time, so the realism aspect is out the window, it's just an annoying feature to me

• 3 weeks later...

Loved it. Every bit of it. I thought the timer for questions was a good touch, the length of the episode was exactly what I expected (it is based on a comic after all) and the price was fair. You have to remember that a lot of people that come on these forums are never happy with any game they play, even if it is for free. If you are a fan of the The Walking Dead franchise, you should definitely pick up this game.

I thought the game was a good interpretation of the series, the graphics lent to the comic book origins. The story itself was enough for me to enjoy the relatively short play time and look forward to the second episode. So Id definitely recommend paying the 400msp for this great little game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...