The Sorted Achievement Guide for Half-Life 2

Link2430

I have a tiny tip for the "Hot PotatOwned" Achievement. A combine threw a grenade at me. I took it with the grav (like it is explained in the guide), but i haven't thrown it back. I just walked with the grenade in my grav to the soldier and watched it explode. Well, you need health, but it is more comfortable than throwing it back :)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighborhood watch is impossible. I shoot the device at the strider and several times it just slides off of his head. And once it finally sticks, it takes the next strider 5 seconds to destroy the sawmill. Done with this game. Not even going to finish it. 705 is good enough for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Props for sorting the guide out! Anyways, how can I easily get the Conservationist achievement? I try but its very hard. MAybe i might be doing it wrong.

This is a way old question, but I thought I'd share where I got it, after playing anticitizen one and following freeman too many times.

In the chapter anticitizen one, once you take out the generator at the square, you'll split from alyx and head into the sewers... once you get deep into the sewer area, you'll come to a right turn where a combine soldier is standing overlooking a deep trench in the sewer (there's a bunch of headcrabs/poison headcrabs and the ceiling sticky things in this area as well). In the area the soldier is overlooking there are 6 zombies... as you look over the edge, two soldiers will repel down from the ceiling and start killing zombies. Take them out fast, then when you're ready, carefully make your way into the channel.

Now you should be in the channel with 5 or 6 zombies, depending on how fast you killed the two soldiers... run to the far end and let them shamble together as a group... once they're all collected, make a save. Then pull out the plasma rifle type gun and fire with the alternate trigger... you'll launch a charged shot, and hopefully catch 5 zombies with it immediately, or it will bounce up and down off the ceiling and get 5... if you don't get it, reload that last save and shoot the charged shot again... I found it much easier this way, since I wasn't getting shot, and the zombies move MUCH slower and more predictibly than the soldiers... plus you don't have to try to use the gravity gun to catch the ball if you can't get 5 in the first shot, the small cramped space ensures good bouncing from the shot and increased likelihood you'll get the chievo.

If i remember correctly you only get that achievement in Half Life 2. Not the episodes.

This is correct.

Load up the final chapter and see how many you have shot down... I know I took down my second for cubbage, 3 and 4 were in nova prospekt as I was entering the prison, not sure where I took down the rest, but you should hopefully have 4/6 in the achievement progress.

When you're "fighting" the last boss, and you reach the top of the core, breem will summon two gunships... so as long as you have 4/6, head up there, grab some energy balls with the grav gun, and take 'em down. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How am I supposed to get zombie-q achievement? I tried my best in episode 1 and just got five. Can't believe this doesn't stack across playthroughs.

Actually now that I think about it, I was going for The One Free Bullet at the time. So in the elevator scene, where I should've gotten tons of flare kills, I kept getting hounded by super fast zombies which I could not shoot at. I bet if I pull the shotgun out just for super zombies the elevator scene becomes much easier.

Also, this guide is alright, but it deteriorates rapidly near the end of the HL2 section. I don't get why for late game HL2 achievements you did not indicate chapter names (nor for all of Episode 1). And there are a bunch of cheevos WAAAAAYY out of order. Like the zombie achievements in episode 1. You can't get them until chapter three and yet for some reason you put them as the first achievements in episode one. Annoying.

Edited by LordOdadjian

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...