The F1 2011 - Online Multiplayer Frequently Asked Questions Thread - Ask Here:

Boomerang Cat

F1 2011

Online Multiplayer Frequently Asked Questions Thread

I thought it would be useful to create a Thread that the F1 2011 xbox360achievements.org forum community could use to ask questions about the Online Multiplayer of F1 2011.

As Players have to redeem an Access Code to play the Multiplayer this year, there are likely to be some Players who have not yet redeemed their Unique Code as they are unsure of how the Multiplayer section of F1 2011 works. This Thread is where you can ask those questions and hopefully some of the more experienced Players of F1 2011 will provide you with an answer.

:Bounce: Please Ask Your F1 2011 Online Mulitplayer Questions Below: :Bounce:

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Let me give you the answer to all of your questions right away:

It's worse than F1 2010.

In a nutshell:

If you are playing it without people you know and trust it sucks.

How can it be worse? it can only be the same or better considering f1 2010 online was the lowest of the low with people ruining your race left right and centre.

In my opinion its exactly the same this year unfortunatley, although people do lose xp points for doing shitty things so i suppose its a bit better.

If you are playing it without people you know and trust it sucks.

This is not true just in case you have bought the game and believe daenius instead of trying it yourself

you can find good player's it's just you have to filter the bad ones from the good. these bad players almost every time i play do leave when they keep getting penalty's for bad driving or they are just really bad at the game and get bored or you and other players tell said player GTFO

no one on my friend list has this they all gow followers so ive had to put up with fool's but all in all its good

How can it be worse? it can only be the same or better considering f1 2010 online was the lowest of the low with people ruining your race left right and centre.

In my opinion its exactly the same this year unfortunatley, although people do lose xp points for doing shitty things so i suppose its a bit better.

The big problem with F1 2011 is:

The penalty system is flawed. Even more flawed than in 2010, which makes F1 2011, in my opinion, an inferior online experience to F1 2010.

The people ruining your race "left, right and centre" are still very much a big issue in this year's game and the XP system (which I was super excited about) is, at its core, a great new addition.

What makes it all unplayable, though, is the penalty system.

I have received countless bogus penalties in online races that don't make any sense at all, I will give you 3 examples and I'll let you decide if I could have avoided receiving a penalty in all 3 cases:

1. Sprint Mode | Monaco

I started the race in 6th and got bumped from behind just before the first corner by 3 or 4 cars - these are said people that ruin your race left, right and centre - effectively pushing me to the right and over the kerb, leaving me hopeless without control over my car as I got 3 or 4 bumps from behind that caused my car to move forward.

I immediately received a penalty for "multiple illegal overtakes". There was no room for calculation by the system, as soon as I crossed the inside I got slapped with the penalty AND got 10xp deducted.

2. Sprint Mode | Monaco

I had just taken the first corner and was on my way up Beau Rivage, and just before taking Massenet (the long left hander after driving uphill) I was smashed into from behind, causing my car to 360 and stop sideways on the track.

There were about 10 cars behind me, my car ghosted and I got slapped with a penalty for "illegal blocking".

3. Co-Op Championship | Malaysia

During Free Practice, when taking turn 4 (the sharp right turn after coming up a long straight) my rear decided to step out, causing a spin and thumping my car nose first into the wall on the immediate right hand side of the track.

Obviously I had to reverse to get out of the situation I was in. There was no car around me, I'm not even sure if there was another car on the track at that time - I reversed, and got served with a 10-place grid penalty for "dangerous driving".

Those were just three out of a gazillion of bogus penalty situations I found myself in during online racing (granted, No. 3 probably doesn't count as online racing per se).

I have posted a thread with these three situations (plus one at Singapore) on the official F1 2011 forums and I am definitely not the only person that is affected by it.

This is why, in my humble opinion, F1 2011 is a worse online experience than F1 2010.

There is no point in an online XP system if people can effectively ruin your race and you actually get points deducted for "doing things wrong" - which you're not, obviously.

I'd very much prefer an XP system that rewards you for challenges but doesn't deduct points for "screwing up". Heck, if you're unlucky, you might start a sprint session as a level 10 and end a 4-5 race sessions as a level 8.

you can find good player's it's just you have to filter the bad ones from the good. these bad players almost every time i play do leave when they keep getting penalty's for bad driving or they are just really bad at the game and get bored or you and other players tell said player GTFO

no one on my friend list has this they all gow followers so ive had to put up with fool's but all in all its good

So in essence you just proved my point, thank you.

Edited by daenius

yeah, i noticed the same thing in career and co-op career. Last night i spun in the middle of the track and ended ip facing the wrong way o the grass. I reversed, turned around on the grass real quick, and then got back on the track. I got hit with a 10 second illegal blocking penalty, and a ten second illegal overtake. Apprently getting back on the track was illegal.

How can it not be worse, there are more people to ruin the fun...

I also think the XP system needs scrapping. Effectively nobody cares about it, so why even bother. I prefered the rank system last year.

There are a number of things non penalty related that seriously annoy me.

1) GET RID OF THE PARC FERME SEQUENCE IN SPRINT RACES!! the clue is in the title, SPRINT! I can't stand having to watch the same 20 second clip after evey race, delaying the time to get into the next one. Which brings me to my 2nd Sprint mode qualm.

2) What the hell is the deal with that 30 second timer resetting every time a new player joins. What bellend thought that was a necessary and beneficial idea??? You can be there for ages just trying to start a race!!! Have a 'ready up' system like last year, maybe making the addition of making the timer majority 'ready' activated.

3) Yet again, a 2.30 race time out... ITS ONLY 3 BLOODY LAPS!!! 1.30 should be the limit... and that is me being generous, lol. I understand differences in player skill but that timer again takes the piss! Points can still be awarded for those that do not finish, they'll still be in the same possition, and its an incentive to improve. Dirt (another Codemasters game) had short time outs, why not here!?!?! The fast round race mode makes it almost impossible to get more that 6-8 races in in an hour.... UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Sorry, this is my rant over. Others have done more than enough on the penalties and XP, but these are my main issues with the game. It's such a simple thing to change as well. And i bet if they changed it, they'd go: 'You know what, that is actually much better!'

Edited by pined5551