No Headset Included (Xbox One)

Ryan Uzumaki 22

Hi not sure if i post this here but i saw someone pick up on the fact that on the reserve page it mentions you get Console, Kinect, Controller, Achievement and HDMI Cable so it made me wonder if you get a headset. I asked Xbox Support on twitter and there response was that is will not come with one (

) Does this annoy anyone else considering the price? Me personally i guess they don't want to because of the kinect but i don't want to talk to people in game and in parties with it when my tv is quite loud.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering this in the FAQ thread. Was hoping that at least, early adopters would get the headset bundled or even a bonus for those pre-ordering the Day One Edition.

But since my first Xbox One game is going to be Dead Rising 3, the missing headset isn't too much of a worry.

For a console which is all about online gaming and whatnot, they aren't helping that cause by removing headsets to chat with others while online.

I hope my head set I just paid 300$ like 2 months ago works on the xbox one. I know the controller port is different 3.5mm but if it works for sound ill be fine till a adapter comes out for chat. I dont see why my headset wont work. Works for everything else even my tv. Plugs in with optical cable and usb which the xbox one has. And turtle beach just advertiser the crap out of my headset at E3. My headset is the turtle beach XP7 mlg edition

Same, mine is more than likely getting disabled as much as possible upon startup.

Same here, turning it off as much as i can then turning it away/ put something over the top of it haha :p

But ye i've never had a gaming headset maybe i will get one now though but the new xbox branded headsets look quite nice and if they are as clear as they are making it out to be then thats a plus, the way i see it is that within the 5 months till launch they may decide to include one hopefully :)

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/heres-the-xbox-ones-spiffy-new-headset/

I actually really like the look of the new headset, if that is the final design. Will probably just pick that up.

Edit: Not sure why I was on the AU site. :p lol

Wow, USB as the connector, that is different. Seems like you can't use your current headset until a new cable is released...

The comments are hilarious though.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/heres-the-xbox-ones-spiffy-new-headset/

I actually really like the look of the new headset, if that is the final design. Will probably just pick that up.

some of those comments are hilarious..

i get they are pushing the kinect but to not include a headset is a bit ridiculous..and a cheap on their part..they are aware theres a need and a want for it why not just do right by ppl and include it..oh right it is micro$oft were talking about..

some of those comments are hilarious..

i get they are pushing the kinect but to not include a headset is a bit ridiculous..and a cheap on their part..they are aware theres a need and a want for it why not just do right by ppl and include it..oh right it is micro$oft were talking about..

Forgot about the part with the USB so current headsets don't work. They will lose so much money if they aren't allowing third party headsets as so many people these days use them, as cheaper and/or better quality.

It's too bad that a headset isn't included but the ones that were included this generation were junk. And that one on Kotaku doesn't look much better. It won't be fun to come out of pocket even more but the set of X11's I bought this generation is probably the best add-on I've ever paid money for, I love those things. I'd have no problem doing it again. Hopefully somebody makes a set that can be used cross platform next-gen.

It's too bad that a headset isn't included but the ones that were included this generation were junk. And that one on Kotaku doesn't look much better. It won't be fun to come out of pocket even more but the set of X11's I bought this generation is probably the best add-on I've ever paid money for, I love those things. I'd have no problem doing it again. Hopefully somebody makes a set that can be used cross platform next-gen.

Turtle Beach will probably come out with a new cord that connect from the controls to the controller, so current customers can enjoy their headset on the new console

Forgot about the part with the USB so current headsets don't work. They will lose so much money if they aren't allowing third party headsets as so many people these days use them, as cheaper and/or better quality.

im sure youll be able to use an adapter..im not up on such things but im betting one might already exist..

the 2.0 headset is junk but the original ones that came at launch were good..i still have and use mine..just to be clear im talking about the ones with the volume dial on the plug..

Turtle Beach is actually working with Microsoft on headsets next-gen aren't they?

Yes and they already have 2 headsets.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/turtle-beach-unveils-xbox-one-and-call-of-duty-ghosts-headsets

But look, great news.

Interestingly, Turtle Beach mentions both of its Xbox One headsets will use an "adapter" to connect to the Xbox One controller.
Overpriced headsets, but I love 'em for that. Hopefully my X41s can be used with the XB1.

Edit.

Cock blocked by Aceman.

Thanks for the links. The Ghosts headset actually looks decent for branded merchandise, but I avoid stuff like that regardless. Just some things I don't need someone's logo stamped on to. I would pretty much factor one of these into my day one console cost, gonna need it.

I forgot what headset it was, maybe Astros, but you were able to swap the covers on the earpieces out, meaning third parties could produce the covers and you could stick them on the headset.