Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Richters Shadow

WIP

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 9/10

-Offline: 12 (200G)

-Online: 0 (0G)

-Approximate amount of time to 1000: A while. Dhampir will take a lot of replays.

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+ replays

-Number of missable achievements: None (can replay any level)

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No

-Does difficulty affect achievements? No

-Glitchy achievements: None

-Unobtainable achievements? None

-Extra equipment needed? Patience

Introduction

Bloodrayne: Betrayal is the next game in the Bloodrayne series. The game takes more of a retro approach - opting to be a side scrolling affair, rather than the traditional third person action. Arguably, this change is for the better as Bloodrayne: Betrayal is far more enjoyable than the flawed (but still fun) previous games.

Bloodrayne: Betrayal is not an easy game. You are unlikely to get any half-decent ranks during your first playthrough, and the Dhampir ranking requires memorization of the levels and some hardcore skill. I would recommend buying this game ... just be aware of what you are letting yourself in for.

Step 1: Campaign

There are 15 levels in the game, with a very steep learning curve. Play through normally, but take care to pick up the Ancient Vampire Skills along the way. Most are easy enough, but you may miss a couple. I have identified the ones you may miss.

Step 2: Miscellaneous Achievements.

Hold down LT LB RT RB Start Back & Click in both Sticks for the "8 fingers, 8 bits achievement" and then use the level select to mop up all of the other achievements, apart from "Pro Vamp"

Step 3: Dhampir Rankings

The final step is to get the Dhampir ratings. By now, you should be familiar with the combat system - making the achievement marginally easier. There are videos in the guide, which should help.

Conclusion

It isn't too hard to get all achievements, bar Pro Vamp and Ms Perfect. Those last two can prove to be quite troublesome - particularly Pro Vamp. With dedication and buckets of patience, it is do-able.

Achievement Guide

To be written

• 2 years later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.

• 1 month later...

Bloodrayne: Betrayal is the next game in the Bloodrayne series. The game takes more of a retro approach - opting to be a side scrolling affair, rather than the traditional third person action. Arguably, this change is for the better as Bloodrayne: Betrayal is far more enjoyable than the flawed (but still fun) previous games.

I REALLY do not agree with this. I am a fan of Bloodrayne since the year the first game was released. Loved the 2 games on Xbox/PS2 (GC for 1 too) and i could replay them any day and probably still have a lot of fun. For some unknown reason my Xbox don't let me run Bloodrayne 1 anymore, the CD is in perfect shape but it does not work... But the DVD player have trouble since a while... and i don't want to buy another original xbox, its way too old and all. Ill probably pick the game on PS2 eventually or something (own both consols)

Anyway im going out of topic, but more or less yeah im a old school fan, got the comics, got the collector edition statue (costed 275$) from martian factory... I was really a huge fan(still am but the franchise been dead for so long, and no the Uwe Boll movies don't count...lol)

So well when this got released i looked at it and i knew from the get go it wouldn't be my cup of tea... castlevania kind of game if i can say, not my usual style. But i bough it anyway at full price (1200 MS points back then) cause anything than can help the franchise resurect was more than welcome... I had hope BR3 would follow 2 years later or such. Sadly i was wrong... 2011-2015 and it never came back.

Well its nothing like what i loved about Bloodrayne. Sure the game retain the gory aspect, the look of the character, and don't get me wrong, the artwork is great, the music is marvelous, but thats NOT Bloodrayne as i recall it. First it miss the charm of the voice talent of Laura Bailey, this is a huge huge missing piece, but it could live without... maybe. The art is beautifull sure, but far from the realistic gruesome look of the first 2 games. Im not as much into cartoon stuff personally. But then the gameplay... its so different from the old games. If it was only a side scrolling beat em all... but the platforming is soooo annoying...

I decided to give another go at the game today... yeah 4+ years later and i STILL have not finish just the first playtrough... :(. I did Chapter 9 and honestly i had to stop after it cause i was raging... Soo annoying, so confusing, i finished it with a youtube walktrough...

No this is simply not the Bloodrayne i remember and you have all the right to prefer this style, but we as old fans of BR want a game that was true to what i remember. Its like Halo, its ok to have Halo Wars once(or twice now it seem) but the main FPS games should be the focus.

I want a BR3... actually it was my biggest wish just behind Shenmue 3... wich i will finally get... So please Majesco, Terminal Reality, bring it back :francis: