SKYRIM Multiplayer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they will at all, they know their players dont want it and they are smart enough to realise they have a great single player game going and there is no point ruining it.

Also I found the gta multi-player pretty good , only the free roam though so ill have to disagree with you on that one. Your right about dead space and bioshock though.

Edited by iToastMan

If you check the Game Informer screens, you can see it says "Players- 1". As it should, multiplayer for this type of game would be ridiculous.

Sadly this does not prove that the finished game will also be one player only. They might change it in the last month, or they didn't want to spoil it right now so they wrote !players-1!.

Most unlikely thought.

This is a purely single player game. If they do ever change it I dont think they would go beyond co-op play, sort of like Borderlands.

Borderlands is extra designed for CO-OP multiplayer, if they did this to Skyrim it would be no more elder scrolls. I can't think of a good way to make Skyrim a co-op game without ruining it a little. Its meant to be pure singleplayer, as you said of course.

Yeah me too. There're just SPECIAL GAMES out there which don't need ANY MP @ all. The Elder Scrolls is one of them. Please don't do it!

Basically all Bethesta's games should stay single player.

Mass Effect

Elder Scrolls

Dragon Age

Thats what makes them great imo, Assassins Creed should of stayed SP as well...>

Will bethesta take away from the sigleplayer experience by throwing in

a half-assed multiplayer mode like many games these days?

I personally hope not, games like gta, bioshock and dead space are singleplayer at heart and i think the multiplayer was so bad i hated the devs for it

While I do not think they will throw in multiplayer, if they do it will not be half-assed. Bethesda has never half-assed anything in their games, so I do not expect it to be. I would love co-op mode, and I trust Bethesda to do co-op right if they decide to go that direction

It goes against what they want The Elder Scrolls to be, there will never be a Coop Elder Scrolls. Its about the "one" players world, bringing in a second character wouldnt make any sense story wise "your the last Dragon born" there cant be two. And how would they stop from a person from killing everyone in sight in your world and what about loading,frame rates even overall Graphics theres way too much and im not willing to give up my gorgeous scenery for laggy, bug filled coop that shouldnt be in this type of game in the first place.

Edited by LTC PUDIE 42X

I'd personally like some sort of co-op experience or at least a kind of versus in an arena-style fighting area

Versus wouldn't work at all, players would be making 'pvp' characters to slaughter others. The main experience of elder scrolls gaming is the wide amount of things to do, exploring every dungeon down to the last room.

And how would they balance the classes/levels is all the games warriors have always been the toughest and most easy to use class and people would straight away think "oh, ill be a warrior and I can beat everyone else" without even exploring the rest of the game.

I know this wont affect me at all if it does happen it's just that I don't like the idea of of them giving in to the multiplayer needs of people when they can do fine without it.

I was all for the multiplayer on this game till reading a few idea's of people and now I strongly disagree with it.