Ryder Cup Sign-Up

Minty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by how hard it was this morning just to get four people in a room for the "Team Player" achievement, clearly the only way to get this one is with some planning. As others have mentioned, we need a time and date that people can sign up to, so I may as well volunteer. I'm setting a date a few days ahead so that we have a fighting chance of getting the numbers up.

At 8pm this Saturday UK GMT time (28th Jan 2011) I will host a 12 x 12 session. My gamer tag is wwarby - I don't think it needs friend requests or invites or anything, everyone is welcome to join. I will wait in the lobby until we have 24 people then EVERYONE MUST CHOOSE A TEAM so that the match can start and the achievement unlocks. I will wait for up to 2 hours (10pm) for the room to fill with 24 people. If more than 24 people sign up or turn up, please let's all try to stick around until everyone has the achievement.

My microphone doesn't work properly so I won't be using it - if others want to help herding players into doing the right things by voice, please do.

Grateful if anyone interested in participating could sign up on this thread so I can try to gauge whether I have set the date far enough in advance to get the numbers up. I've chosen a Saturday to increase the chances of Americans participating with us Brits across the time difference.

International times:

London: 8pm

Paris: 9pm

New York: 3pm

California: 12 noon

Judging by how hard it was this morning just to get four people in a room for the "Team Player" achievement, clearly the only way to get this one is with some planning. As others have mentioned, we need a time and date that people can sign up to, so I may as well volunteer. I'm setting a date a few days ahead so that we have a fighting chance of getting the numbers up.

At 8pm this Saturday UK GMT time (28th Jan 2011) I will host a 12 x 12 session. My gamer tag is wwarby - I don't think it needs friend requests or invites or anything, everyone is welcome to join. I will wait in the lobby until we have 24 people then EVERYONE MUST CHOOSE A TEAM so that the match can start and the achievement unlocks. I will wait for up to 2 hours (10pm) for the room to fill with 24 people. If more than 24 people sign up or turn up, please let's all try to stick around until everyone has the achievement.

My microphone doesn't work properly so I won't be using it - if others want to help herding players into doing the right things by voice, please do.

Grateful if anyone interested in participating could sign up on this thread so I can try to gauge whether I have set the date far enough in advance to get the numbers up. I've chosen a Saturday to increase the chances of Americans participating with us Brits across the time difference.

International times:

London: 8pm

Paris: 9pm

New York: 3pm

California: 12 noon

I'm in, maybe we should get a list going.

1.wwarby

2.DigitalByDesign

3.RagingRokket

I have just unlocked this achievement after well over an hour of waiting online thanks to DigitalByDesign's tip off, so I will now NOT be participating in the meetup I planned for Saturday. The experience was a painful one not unlike herding cats, so I thought I might post the details of the experience and some screenshots to help others through the pain...

1. When you have joined the session and selected a team, STAY PUT! The biggest problem we had was people continuously popping in and out. DON'T.

2. For the game to start, EVERYONE must have a flag by their name. If they don't, the game won't start even when 24 people are in the room. If you find some people in the room don't have flags, those people must leave and rejoin. It might help to have everyone leave the game together and rejoin.

3. There seemed to be a lot of people waiting in the lobby and not joining the game because it's not obvious exactly what you're supposed to do. In point of fact, I couldn't even find the lobby and had to ask DigitalByDesign for help. To that end, I have created a series of screenshots to illustrate the process of joining the game:

Step 1: Select the XBOX Live option from the main menu:

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-01.jpg

Step 2: Select "Lobby" from the XBOX Live menu:

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-02.jpg

Step 3: With "TEAM PLAY" selected at the top, select the room. In my case it was named 12x12 but the person who names it can call it anything. Hopefully they'll call it something obvious like this though.

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-03.jpg

Step 4: Find somebody (hopefully the person who organised the session) who has the white golfball icon highlighted below next to their name, and press A (View Options)

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-04.jpg

Step 5: Select "Join Game Session" from the popup menu

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-05.jpg

Step 6: Press A (Done) to select your golfer. It doesn't matter who you play as, as far as I know - but I played as my created golfer when I got the achievement

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-06.jpg

Step 7: Press A again to "Choose Team". Don't be tempted to wait in this screen - you can see how many players have joined from the next screen

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-07.jpg

Step 8: Move the highlighted block showing your name to an available space on the grid using the joystick on the controller

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-08.jpg

Step 9: When you have selected an empty grid cell for yourself, press A (Ready) to ready yourself for the game

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-09.jpg

Step 10: Finished. You are ready when the "Unready" icon bottom left is showing as highlighted. Note also that my gamertag has a UK flag next to it and others in this room do not. I don't know why that happens but if you have no flag, you can't start the game. All 24 gamers must have a flag before the game will start so if you don't have a flag, leave and rejoin.

http://shared.wwarby.com/tiger/tiger-10.jpg

Kudos to wwarby for the guide above! But what a nightmare trying to get people to stay in the room longer than 10mins!

A couple of us in the room when it had around 14 people waiting were pro active and spanned out messages to recently played people! Granted I've never played one single game online yet, but it records every person than has joined a game session, in the last week or so waiting around lobbies for the achievement I'd built up quite a list of people who just might be in same boat!

I don't know if actually helped but it beats sitting there doing nothing, the worst part was having the room fill up then see the numbers dwindle! I was sat in the room for well over 2 hours until it finally unlocked and I heard the ping!

Patience is indeed a virtue! :D

I have two people who are interested

Maldrick

PinkHibiscus901

Just let us know time and we will be there.

Also just wanted to let people know that we are trying to get a game going, we have 3 people so far. Come join us in the game if you can. :)

Edited by Scaredophish
Update

We set up a game in the team play lobby all afternoon and evening but never got enough people. However we got messages from alot of interested people, who also have friends who need the cheevo too. Some of these people are coordinating on other websites also.

So, a bunch of us are planning to go for it Thurs Feb 3rd at 10pm Gmt...that's today at 5pm eastern for those of us here in the states.

If anyone has any questions you can contact Maldrick directly on xbox live.

Hope we can get this done!

Hello all!

Well, we're 10 in a lobby right now. I just checked online and saw a room called "achievement" that is trying to gather 24. It will most probably fail miserably, and it is too late to post here on such short notice, but I would like to set up a rendez-vous for any player who hasn't got this achievement yet, and any who have it but are willing to help.

Sunday, February 13, starting at 4 pm (-5 GMT). The lobby should be called "Achievement".

See you there!

hello guys.try to get the achivment.i think 12 Players from here must be are enough to start a game. the problem is some people are joining but they dont stay in the lobby because there is no willingness to be patient to wait.is the lobby almost full players maybe wait but not with 2 or 3 players.its a shame...

iam start a 12 vs 12 Onlinematch now and lets see what comes:D

its possible does is not work right now and in this case i start a new list.everybody who needs the achivment too is invited.

1.HIGHHANDS

I'm going to try and organize a 12v12, but will need some serious organization and patience from everyone.

This is how I'll do it:

People who need the achievement and want to participate, please e-mail me at [email protected] -- Once the list is complete with 24 different gamertags, I will post the list AND the time at which we will do it.

DO NOT e-mail me if the times 7pm-midnight EST are not good for you. If you DO e-mail me, you are responsible to keep checking this thread for the post and to check your e-mail frequently, as I will send the scheduled times through an e-mail as well.

Hope to see some e-mails, would like to get this done in under a week.