New Years Mishaps...

v_thorne

So.

I was ringing in the New Year with my boyfriend. I'm pretty sick, so I decided to come home early. I got home around 1 AM.

I'm sitting here minding my business. I just 1ked Saw (go me, first 1k of the year) and started on some Amped 3.

I'm cruising the slopes and all of a sudden I hear BANG...

My first reaction was nothing, I hear that all the time since I live in a basement apartment.

Then I hear a sequential BANGBANG, both louder than the first.

My reaction this time was more, I jumped and looked out my window wondering what the hell was going on.

To my horror, my screen is split open and my window is completely shattered.

So here I sit, 3 AM when it happened and it is now nearly 4 AM. I'm waiting for the cops.

Who else had a great time ringing in the new year this way?

Edit:

I'll go ahead and conclude this with, The cops did absolutely nothing except for the fact that they made me wait an hour and a half just to call me and end up telling me they weren't coming, and just collected the information from me via phone.

Edit Edit: Some people are missing the point of the thread. What I'm asking is what bad things happened to you whilst ringing in the new year. Not how it was. There's already a thread on that...

Edited by v_thorne

My new years wasn't quite as bad as yours. I spent it alone, sick, getting high enough to apparently play battleship against myself and then fall asleep on my coffee table sometime during the night and come to at 5 in the morning and for whatever reason have practically no voice. Took me a good 20 minutes to figure that one out. Wasn't until I tried to say "fuck" because I stubbed my toe and nothing came out did i realize i had no voice. Not sure if this constitutes as a good night or a bad one. I'm definitely leaning towards bad.

My new years wasn't quite as bad as yours. I spent it alone, sick, getting high enough to apparently play battleship against myself and then fall asleep on my coffee table sometime during the night and come to at 5 in the morning and for whatever reason have practically no voice. Took me a good 20 minutes to figure that one out. Wasn't until I tried to say "fuck" because I stubbed my toe and nothing came out did i realize i had no voice. Not sure if this constitutes as a good night or a bad one. I'm definitely leaning towards bad.

I consider win. My new years was going to my friend's house and practically not coming home until around 6:00am since I brought over Norbit and his family hasn't seen it yet so we were laughing have a good Ol' time had a few bears then came home and have been on the internetz since.

sounds to me like a pretty sweet night haha !! :)

I consider win. My new years was going to my friend's house and practically not coming home until around 6:00am since I brought over Norbit and his family hasn't seen it yet so we were laughing have a good Ol' time had a few bears then came home and have been on the internetz since.

Sounds dangerous, I hope they were kept in a cage.

Went to mate's house for around 8pm. Stayed there for a few hours and had a few drinks, then walked to someone else's house in the freezing cold just to walk back again haha. Counted down to the new decade with a few friends, then went to some big party thing. Neon rave was funny, and got home at 5.30am completely sober.

Overall, good night. :)

I caught my stove on fire because I am an idiot. lol...

I had just used oven cleaner like 30 minutes before forgetting about it and deciding to cook food for my guests lol. Anyhow there was a loud noise, smoke, fire...and most of the people thought my house was on fire and took off! lol. Anyhow..no real damage. Just an exciting way to get rid of house guests. :D

You poor poor guy. It must've been an absolutely terrible New Years! I mean Norbit, that movie was baad! ;)

Well mine was the worst. A friend of mine tried to commit suicide, my family got in a big fight and it was the anniversary of another family member's death. YAY! :(

Edited by Spawn Man