Easy 1000 ?

Cloud1992

I played the demo, and I have to say I liked it. But, I'm curious if the retail game would be an easy enjoyable 1000 ? Any thoughts ?

PS: The puzzles were kinda annoying, but they got me to thinking!

Plus, every time I got to the "Nightmare" world. I wanted to finish it to see the real world! :p

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is supposed to be incredibly difficult to 1000. That is the rumor at least. Gold might be impossible.

To be fair, they released a patch for the Japanese version that lowered the difficulty and have confirmed that the US release would be even easier than that.

But, it will still be quite difficult.

To be fair, they released a patch for the Japanese version that lowered the difficulty and have confirmed that the US release would be even easier than that.

But, it will still be quite difficult.

Make the Game even easier for the U.S. Damn, I wish they would put in a option to play the Original Japanese Difficulty, because I want to see how Hard it is. It would be nice personal achievement if I can complete it.

I always take it personally when they lower the difficulty for the American audience, because the targeted audience for this game is probably going to be the groups of people who would enjoy that sort of challenge! There's less joy in victory when you know your opponent changed the game because he thought you wouldn't be up to the challenge!

The truth is hardcore gamers who really like a very difficult challenge are only a tiny minority of players. Making a game too hard alienates the majority of players and business-wise that's never a good decision if you want your customers to keep purchasing your titles.

If the Japanese market was complaining about the difficulty level, it's probably not a bad thing to include an easier mode in subsequent releases. Also keep in mind they're leaving the hard mode in, just adding a new easier one on top of the existing modes (from what I understand anyway).

Personally, I like a decent challenge, but I'm into gaming for the fun of it mostly (the stories, the gameplay, the visuals, etc). I don't much care for overly difficult segments, in fact I usually just find them infuriating.

Another example would be my girlfriend: she'd probably enjoy the story and characters, even the puzzles without the action element, but as soon as you put in too much stress and quick reaction times she'll start to dislike it. I think that making an easier mode really allows to reach a broader audience...

Even on easy I have a gut feeling this game is going to ramp up the difficulty pretty fast. But regardless of difficultly, no I don't think it will be an easy 1000. There is a 100 point one that requires you to unlock all 8 of the games endings.

Even on easy I have a gut feeling this game is going to ramp up the difficulty pretty fast. But regardless of difficultly, no I don't think it will be an easy 1000. There is a 100 point one that requires you to unlock all 8 of the games endings.

Agreed. They may make the Easy difficulty easier, but I can only imagine the Hard difficulty still being mind-melting. They should add a 4th difficulty for the traditionalists: Japanese Sadist Version. ;) Basically the original Hard difficulty.

If I get my hands on this game, I think I may do a couple of the endings, but 8!?!? Damn. Grinding out the 4 endings for Nier was torture enough.

Wonder what the "a life without regrets" ending means? Vince goes and breaks up with both of them or the girls reconcile, make up and all three go menage a trois? :p

Edited by Opiate42

Make the Game even easier for the U.S. Damn, I wish they would put in a option to play the Original Japanese Difficulty, because I want to see how Hard it is. It would be nice personal achievement if I can complete it.

Honestly I don't know much about what they are doing but from what I was lead to believe they are leaving all the difficulties exactly as they were. They are just adding a new difficulty that is "below" easy. Again, I don't know if that is actually what they are doing that is just what I heard.

To the OP: If it has "Complete this game on X difficulty" achievements all the way up to the toughest difficulty this will be anything but an easy 1000 from what everyone says. Japanese gamers are complaining about how hard the easy and normal modes are and Japanese gamers are known to play tougher games/difficulties then Western gamers.

Honestly I don't know much about what they are doing but from what I was lead to believe they are leaving all the difficulties exactly as they were. They are just adding a new difficulty that is "below" easy. Again, I don't know if that is actually what they are doing that is just what I heard.

To the OP: If it has "Complete this game on X difficulty" achievements all the way up to the toughest difficulty this will be anything but an easy 1000 from what everyone says. Japanese gamers are complaining about how hard the easy and normal modes are and Japanese gamers are known to play tougher games/difficulties then Western gamers.

That was what I thought as well. They just added the easier difficulty, and the others are still in the game. I have to say, after playing the Japanese demo, this game on the hardest difficulty will be a monster.

Theres a patch to make it easier, I played the Japanese demo, and found it easy enough, but that was like only the first few stages, and it took me awhile to figure out how to move the blocks, I was pushing them instead of pulling them towards, made it difficult/impossible to get to the door at the top as you're messing up the blocks at the top that can't be moved (ones with faces on them).

But no, I dont think it'll be an easy 1000, might be easy, but it'll be long as you have to play through the game several times for all the endings or just play a few times and make different saves at points, I would try to full 1000 this game though, I'm dreading the Hard Mode though.. makes towers taller etc, bosses probably will be impossible too.

Getting all gold medals on Hard mode will probably be the deal-breaker on whether or not you can 1000 it.

Yup, I can see those being maybe the only 2 I have remaining.. getting gold on Normal might be hard enough, since the demo (Japanese one) only lets us play on Easy, so theres no real way of telling actually how hard this game is.. until its out, which be tomorrow in US I guess?

You would have to be outside your mind to think this game would be an easy 1000. As many have already brought out in this thread, even the Japanese have complained on the level of difficulty for the games puzzles and they're gaming gods!:eek: Thankfully it has been patched making the Hard mode puzzle challenges more feasible. Not sure if anyone has played Catherine yet but the puzzles get much harder, longer, and the block styles change. There are slippery ice blocks and even some with bombs and spikes on them. It's no doubt a 10/10 difficulty game as of now.

Outside of that there is Babel mode where the blocks drop randomly, they may also prove testing since there are a few achievements related to that. Everything else is story/side quest/ random task-related so only like 3 or 4 achievements will truly be difficult.

Achievement guide will be posted in a few, just got to add some finishing touches to it.