Is there ANY WAY to fix a corrupted save?

THE VICER0Y

I just tried loading up Rock Band 3 yesterday and somehow my save got corrupted.

I've been having issues where I couldn't connect to live with my signed in profile over the past week (where it does that thing where your gamerPic is an empty square) and have had to redownload my profile.

The game did for some reason ask me to download an update of some kind right before this happened, but that doesn't make sense because I've played since the latest patch came out.

I don't believe it was because of the long artist name glitch in a Road Show Challenge (which I think they fixed anyway).

I've tried clearing my system cache, deleting title updates, and nothing has worked so far.

I know this may sound a bit unscrupulous, but is there potential a "3rd party solution" to fix this? Has anyone else run into this an been able to recover their save?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I just tried loading up Rock Band 3 yesterday and somehow my save got corrupted.

I've been having issues where I couldn't connect to live with my signed in profile over the past week (where it does that thing where your gamerPic is an empty square) and have had to redownload my profile.

The game did for some reason ask me to download an update of some kind right before this happened, but that doesn't make sense because I've played since the latest patch came out.

I don't believe it was because of the long artist name glitch in a Road Show Challenge (which I think they fixed anyway).

I've tried clearing my system cache, deleting title updates, and nothing has worked so far.

I know this may sound a bit unscrupulous, but is there potential a "3rd party solution" to fix this? Has anyone else run into this an been able to recover their save?

damn, that really sucks man. sorry

• 1 month later...

In an amazing bit of luck, I actually got my save fixed. I think I had the bug of having a band name that was too long in one of my road shows. "The Presidents of the United States of America" for example. If you leave a Road Show in progress with a band name that’s too long, the auto save of exiting the Road Show will corrupt your save if you're not careful how you exit Rock Band 3. At least that’s how I heard it after scouring the net looking for a possible fix. I don't think this was ever fixed.

I ashamedly did use one of those "third party programs" that you speak of. I was pretty desperate and wanted to at least give it a try. I didn't even really do much of anything, other than open up my save file, which was read in correctly so it gave me hope, and then saved it within that program. This must have fixed whatever corrupted it, because I moved it back into a thumb drive and it worked again.

I still am not totally sure how I was able to fix it, because if that didn't work I was gonna give up because it would have been too complicated to try to solve. Because in most cases corrupt data is unrecoverable.

Needless to say I'm pretty thrilled to have my progress back.

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts.