Do you have a "go to" Gamestop?

istagene

We all have a favorite restaurant, bar, grocery store, etc etc, but see as everyone here is a gamer for the most part, do you have a favorite Gamestop? Or any gaming store for that matter? I know its a weird question but I only ask because is, well, I have a favorite. Now I wont tell you where this store is nor will I give out names.

Now, I know your asking yourself, "What could make someone have a favorite Gamestop?" "Gamestop is Gamestop right?" Well for the most part yes, every Gamestop is the same, they all sell games, consoles, and accessories. But when it gets down to it, its not just what is on the shelves. For me its how im treated when I go inside, and how the staff interacts with their customers.

And ill just get this out there too, I go to this Gamestop so much, that the staff knows me by name, and Im friends with a couple of staff members on Xbox live. So i guess you could say Ive been there a few times lol :)

This visit, though is why I decided to make this thread:

The day that Call of Duty Ghosts was announced, I stopped in to pre-order the game. Just before I was finished with my transaction, I had mentioned to the staff member that when I pre-ordered GTA V I never got a poster with my pre-order. (That was true also, Im not out stockpiling GTA posters lol) He looked in the computer to see if I had indeed ordered GTA and I did in the window of time that they were giving the posters out. He expressed how sorry he was, especially since he was the one that did my pre-order. I asked if they had any left over, he ran to the back to check if they did. He came back with not one, but two different posters for GTA V that were used for the advertising of the game in store. Then he went over to the window and took down the poster that was already in the window and gave all 3 to me.

Now I know that people may say, "oh well they were probably gonna throw them out anyway!" Well say what you want but I thought it was an act of kindness on his part. he could have come back and said "None left man, good luck next time" but he did'nt :):):)

Now Share your experience with your "favorite Gamestop." Remember to include a story, or just post a simple reason why that Gamestop is your favorite!

Now I know that people may say, "oh well they were probably gonna throw them out anyway!" Well say what you want but I thought it was an act of kindness on his part. he could have come back and said "None left man, good luck next time" but he did'nt

Actually, giving you store marketing collateral is a fire able offense and harder to cover for than other practices.

Please no one walk into a GameStop and start asking for stuff they're going to throw away.

Dive into the dumpster after hours like the rest of us.

There's 3 in my city. One is far away, so it would be a waste of gas, one is in the mall, but I only go to the mall for skateboards and clothes, not to walk a quarter of a mile just to get to gamestop, and the other one is about the same distance from my house as the mall one is, except it's its own store, yeah, I like that one :woop:

Actually, giving you store marketing collateral is a fire able offense and harder to cover for than other practices.

Please no one walk into a GameStop and start asking for stuff they're going to throw away.

Dive into the dumpster after hours like the rest of us.

Well he just gave them to me, i didnt ask for the ones he gave me, i was hoping to get the one they gave out for pre-order.

That's nice he'd go that mile OP, don't think that's a GS thing, more just a nice guy customer service thing. He'd be that cool anywhere he works.

I don't have a favourite gamestop. Only go to them when they're the only ones with what I want at the price I'm willing to pay.

Though do have a favourite used game shop that I prefer to go to. A small Game Shack shop near work. Those guys are way easier to deal with and give decent deals.

All I have is an EB Games store at 4 blocks from home, sadly it doesn't take midnight launches but thankfully there's a Future Shop for that a few more blocks away.

Either way I only shop to those stores for console and handheld needs.

I could also go to the subway station around 2 blocks on my way to the mall or downtown, they are more EB games store around there and probably take midnight launches.

Also the last time I seen a GameStop store around my country was around a year ago.

Edited by CrazyMv94

How I'm treated when I go in is exactly why I don't shop at gamestop. I said NO to your damn preorder 3 times, don't ask me one more time to make sure. I live right by a Best Buy, and do most of my non-amazon purchases there. The people are great with me, and I like their price matching policy.

I live in the country side,the only close one is 15 minutes away,the other is at the mall which is 30 minutes away.

I was pissed when they didn't have Deadrising 2 in stock after I just traded in

Batman AA,Bayonetta,Mortal Kombat,GH2,GHWT,GH5,RB,and RB2 all for 16$ store credit and couldnt get that 30% bonus of a purchase cause the only game I wanted was DR2.

Atleast I got Gears of war 1 again for 5$ that day,as it burnt out last year,only have a few achivements left in that game.

In a few days I'll look again there for Deadrising 2,and pick up Borderlands for 13$ regular edition as I would always borrow that game from my Bro in law....for a few days :)

Edited by Deadsea 1993

I did, before they told me I can no longer return games and say "I didn't like it". Fuck your returns policy!

You've got to be kidding me. They actually did that to you? How many would you move a month? They've never done that to me, though usually something I return is also bought with 3-4 others I keep.

They do realize that you can just call the card company, chargeback and keep the payment in limbo and GameStop corporate will arrange with the card company for the games to be returned anyway, right, it just costs the company more fucking money to do it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. If I were you, I'd arrange for proxy-people to go in there. 3-4 people consistently buying and returning games, never the same person returning as the one who purchased.

I was pissed when they didn't have Deadrising 2 in stock after I just traded in Batman AA,Bayonetta,Mortal Kombat,GH2,GHWT,GH5,RB,and RB2 all for 16$ store credit

Jesus. You know what my boss would've given you in cash for that? About $30. More if you take payment in Bitcoin.

Guys, seriously, take your games to small game shops and flea markets. Stop giving your games to GameStop.

Atleast I got Gears of war 1 again for 5$ as it burnt out last year,all I have left in that game is the 30 cog tag collectible achivement,Cluster Lucked,and all the non DLC MP achivements. Going for Seriousley ;) so that was the only good thing that day.
Keep me posted when you work on that. I'm trying to get all those freaking ranked match achievements out of the way, too. Edited by Felonious Monk

I did, before they told me I can no longer return games and say "I didn't like it". Fuck your returns policy!

Not deffending them but I have returned a very small number of games over the years and that never has happened to me. So you must have achivement hunted bought games then got your $ back. You gotta understand they are a business and they gotta make $ too. Just think if everyone did that then they would go outta business.

How many games would you return on the average of a month ?

@ Monk. I took some games to a local Pawnshop once they offered me way less then that, and flea market same thing.

I live in the countryside there is no any other ''game shop'' also most people don't buy games from Flea markets or Pawn Shops, they mostley buy guns and knifes.

I never played those games anymore and I just wanted enough $ so I wouldn't have to buy Deadrising 2 (Again,burnt out last year) in cash.

Bayonetta,RAGE,Batman AA,were impulse buys,I got tired of Mortal Kombat (9) and don't play music games anymore. I cut my losses and will only buy games I LIKE not what others like.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

There's two Gamestops within 5-10 minutes, driving distance, from my house. I used to frequent there a lot for my gaming purchases...

But in the past year or two, I've been befriending Amazon. You don't have to pay tax with Prime, so that's $5 saved right there. Sometimes their games get a small savings like 30cents, which is always nice to save a quarter and a nickel.

And more than often, a lot of games on Amazon have "money-back" gift cards. For instance, when I bought Crysis 3, it came with a $20 money-back card that I was able to use on my next Amazon purchase. More importantly, Amazon will have sales on their new titles about 2-3 weeks after launch (BioShock was $45 two weeks after launch).

That's just brilliant.

@ Monk. I took some games to a local Pawnshop once they offered me way less then that, and flea market same thing.

Pawn Shop I believe, since that's where half our stuff comes from. I've seen them give $4 for a brand new game and throw it in their flat $10 pile that we then pick up and move for $15-$30 depending on title.

That a flea market vendor didn't have someone that was willing to give even 25% of what they could resell for is just wow. Though most don't know what stuff is worth, I guess. We're the only ones where we're at that sell current gen titles. Everyone else has original Xbox and PS2 shovelware that they try to move at $10 a pop.

I live in the countryside there is no any other ''game shop'' also most people don't buy games from Flea markets or Pawn Shops, they mostley buy guns and knifes.

That sucks. Maybe there's a market there for you to do your own thing!

I never played those games anymore and I just wanted enough $ so I wouldn't have to buy Deadrising 2 (Again,burnt out last year) in cash.

Bayonetta,RAGE,Batman AA,were impulse buys,I got tired of Mortal Kombat (9) and don't play music games anymore. I cut my losses and will only buy games I LIKE not what others like.

Cool.

Coolcoolcool.

Everyone's mileage may vary, but I just really feel like it's important to let people know GameStop isn't the only game in town for some people.

Pawn Shop I believe, since that's where half our stuff comes from. I've seen them give $4 for a brand new game and throw it in their flat $10 pile that we then pick up and move for $15-$30 depending on title.

That a flea market vendor didn't have someone that was willing to give even 25% of what they could resell for is just wow. Though most don't know what stuff is worth, I guess. We're the only ones where we're at that sell current gen titles. Everyone else has original Xbox and PS2 shovelware that they try to move at $10 a pop.

That sucks. Maybe there's a market there for you to do your own thing!

Cool.

Coolcoolcool.

Everyone's mileage may vary, but I just really feel like it's important to let people know GameStop isn't the only game in town for some people.

The important thing. I was happy in the end :p 16$ store credit nice

There's a Gamestop about 5 minutes away from my house that I go to on occasion. It used to be really cool. Very down to earth employees who would talk to you about games for however long you were in there. Now, they have hired a bunch of guys who don't play games and kind of act like you walking into the store has fucked up their entire day. I tend to no go into Gamestop unless it's to buy a pre-owned game since their return policy on those is awesome.

There is one about twenty minutes from my house that has some really cool employees, but being so far away, I don't go to it unless I'm in the area.

I recently moved. Before, in Auburn, there were three in the area I bounced between. In my new town, there is one (luckily, as it is a small NC mountain town) and I was shocked to see when I first visited it that the floor space was way, way larger than any other Gamestop I had been in. :eek: The asst mgr said they are spoiled here, they got some old movie rental place. Good selection of used stuff too for a small town, though it is a college town so that helps.

My local EB Games is 5 minutes down the road, known there on a first-name basis which is good. Have never been told I can't return games because I didn't like it, they know to already have that as the reason.

I miss EB games in America. They had better deals always. People tell me working at EB games was way more fun vs. Gamestop. I believe them. I have never seen too many people that were happy to be working there. I think I will start shopping at Amazon one day. But I like going to Gamestop,I see some good deals.

Tommorow I'm going to Gamestop to get Borderlands,and Oblivion and gonna see if they have DR2 in stock. Can't wait.