What do you do when your cheese expires?

TopsiKrett

Meh I think cheesing is a thing of the past now. I did CE legit last night and wow was it super easy. The bridge took us I think 8 or 10 minutes and we killed Crota in 4 swords could of been 3 but yeah oh well.

4 swords? I take it sword bearer was level 31? A 32 will get it done it 2, 1 with an extremely good and well organised team.

Four swords is ok if you haven't done it legit yet. At least you got it done.

And would it still be ,fun' to cheese now that you know how easy it is to actually beat this?

There's no actual accomplishment when cheesing your way through a game and yet people are moaning when they don't get what they want.

I for myself did the VOG 17 times before I got the chestpiece to get to level 30.

One week prior to CE launch.

Yet I enjoyed every completion with proud that I actually achieved something.

First time into hard raid afterwards and I got the Vex, head, ship and Atheon's Epilogue.

First two times into CE and I had all 4 raid pieces together. Another week grinding for shards and I was 32.

Once you have a team to run through all that I still can be fun to just play the game even without loot.

Anyways, that was my rant about all that cheese.

4 swords? I take it sword bearer was level 31? A 32 will get it done it 2, 1 with an extremely good and well organised team.

We didn't get that many good hits in. On my second clear yesterday we got him in two swords but that's because the timing was perfect.

Four swords is ok if you haven't done it legit yet. At least you got it done.

And would it still be ,fun' to cheese now that you know how easy it is to actually beat this?

There's no actual accomplishment when cheesing your way through a game and yet people are moaning when they don't get what they want.

I for myself did the VOG 17 times before I got the chestpiece to get to level 30.

One week prior to CE launch.

Yet I enjoyed every completion with proud that I actually achieved something.

First time into hard raid afterwards and I got the Vex, head, ship and Atheon's Epilogue.

First two times into CE and I had all 4 raid pieces together. Another week grinding for shards and I was 32.

Once you have a team to run through all that I still can be fun to just play the game even without loot.

Anyways, that was my rant about all that cheese.

wow, that is a little scary, are you stalking me and stealing my stories? lmao I have almost the same exact scenario. It took my 19 raids with my warlocks (I had to make two to increase chances of warlock armor) before I got the last piece I needed to get to 30, the week before the DLC dropped.

very first time I finished the hard raid I received the same drops (vex, helmet, sparrow, and ship).

still missing a piece on each character...my hunter does have enough to get to 32 but for him I only have the helm, chest, and boots, so I'll have to use exotic gauntlets in place of all the exotic helms I have.

I don't get how everybody has so many damn radiant shards. I get that a lot of people probably used Eris to turn all their energy into shards, but how do people have 3 32s already? I've been doing the new raid every week except the first (I'm pretty sure) and just now have enough shards to level one character to 32.

Although I have done it with 2 swords before, usually it takes 3 just because the timing/communication is off on at least one of the downs. It doesn't really matter how many it takes, it is often more exciting when someone completely messes up and you still manage to pull it off before enrage (I always play with PUGs by the way)

I don't get how everybody has so many damn radiant shards. I get that a lot of people probably used Eris to turn all their energy into shards, but how do people have 3 32s already? I've been doing the new raid every week except the first (I'm pretty sure) and just now have enough shards to level one character to 32.

It's not that difficult to have all three classes to 32 now (got mine yesterday http://destinystatus.com/xbl/CaptainKirbster, weapons are just to vault others). If you completed it every week (this is week 6) then you should get around 10-13 mats per characters (12-15 now), 30-39 per week which is more than everyone to 32. You do need Eris to do this though. Also this doesn't include breaking any of your gear down, armour pieces give 2 shards, weapons when fully levelled (just xp, not buying the actual upgrades) give 4 per weapon

team i roll with we average about 4 swords per.. 2 before the ogres and 2 after.. we never hit enrage.. we learned some new stuff last night and will most likely tweak our strat and get it down.. but what's it matter.. Crota still dies whether it's 2, 3 or 4+ swords.

also.. there's still ways to cheese crota by the person quitting.. but crota only stays down for about 20 seconds instead of forever

I have 1 level 32.. but my hunter doesn't even have the chest piece yet to get him there.. been doing the raid since week 1 and still no chest.. gotten upwards of 3 on my warlock and titan though

Edited by Xenolith666

The cheese has gone bad, no more cheese please.

Last night we did it 3 times in a row and each time it took 2 swords.

And then we also did it one more time and the same. Full team of 6 each time.

Most of the team were 32 , on one run we had one 30 , however as long as the 32's do the heavy stuff all went good.

As long as the team has the correct weapons and setup, and good team work.

First swordbearer taken down and get Crota to 1/2 or less.

Second swordbearer and Crota no more.

The key is, timing needs to be to the second. And each guardian has a specific task and location on the map. Low level ones need to be in safer places. Everyone needs to have fully upgraded weapons to attack 331.

the raid is simple... for the bridge were use a titan with the saint 14 helmet to blind the blue sword guys across the bridge to make them cake. IR YUT is cake and you can kill crota quicker then it takes the guy who quit to rejoin. I think bungie made it easy easier now that the cheeses are gone. lol just my opinion

Also, the Warlock res cheese at the bridge still works.

lol. Oh, Bungie. They try to patch cheese after cheese only for someone to discover a new one in a matter of hours. Every patch they roll out seems to cause more problems then solutions, so I'm curious to see if they've screwed something up this time around. It's like they don't even test most of them out...

The patches always seem really half-assed. I get that they are trying to fix it asap for Hard Mode, but if you miss something you don't achieve anything at all. People will look for the cheeses as soon as the old ones get taken away (see Templar, Atheon, last weeks Bridge patch) and they will be instantly shared amongst a great number of players. There is no point in them releasing a patch to something unless it is solid (they seem to have done that job pretty well on Crota where it really matters at least)

The patches always seem really half-assed. I get that they are trying to fix it asap for Hard Mode, but if you miss something you don't achieve anything at all. People will look for the cheeses as soon as the old ones get taken away (see Templar, Atheon, last weeks Bridge patch) and they will be instantly shared amongst a great number of players. There is no point in them releasing a patch to something unless it is solid (they seem to have done that job pretty well on Crota where it really matters at least)

When you think about, hard mode is just a huge anti-cheese version of Normal mode. More specifically, a version that completely invalidates already existing strategies. The gatekeeper in normal mode was speculated to exist to keep players from flying up to the ledge above where Ir Yut spawn. Instead, it's been used to keep players from using the lower central hallway during the Ogre phase. That Wizard major that spawns in place of the bridge Knight? Yeah, that shit was put there to pound away at Guardian Swordbearer when they use that left/right rock to jump up to hit Crota.

Honestly, this hard mode was quite literally designed by the players and all Bungie did was half-assedly re-introduce it with different yellow mob spawns. Absolutely no new mechanics were introduced, nor any "new Crota form" that Bungie's Urk claimed via Neogaf.

This hard mode is the epitome of Bungie's laziness.

• 2 weeks later...
When you think about, hard mode is just a huge anti-cheese version of Normal mode. More specifically, a version that completely invalidates already existing strategies. The gatekeeper in normal mode was speculated to exist to keep players from flying up to the ledge above where Ir Yut spawn. Instead, it's been used to keep players from using the lower central hallway during the Ogre phase. That Wizard major that spawns in place of the bridge Knight? Yeah, that shit was put there to pound away at Guardian Swordbearer when they use that left/right rock to jump up to hit Crota.

Honestly, this hard mode was quite literally designed by the players and all Bungie did was half-assedly re-introduce it with different yellow mob spawns. Absolutely no new mechanics were introduced, nor any "new Crota form" that Bungie's Urk claimed via Neogaf.

This hard mode is the epitome of Bungie's laziness.

You forgot to mention that they added a "check" when the ogres come at the bridge making sure everyone is across , or killing them all. Lazy as hell too.

I fear how broken house of wolves will be.