Achievements Discussion

g4m3r7ag

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One would think they could come up with a way to give achievement points for old games. With the add-ons interacting so well from market-place live, I see no reason why they cannot have a micro program to read when you complete an original XBox game and at least give 500 points for it. This would definitely keep the up the value of old XBox games.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First thing first

If you have not played this game shame on u.

this game is with Doom, Duke3D and Wolfenstein the First, FPS games.

it has a great story and the grafix are not that bad.

I finished this game 3 times, 2 on the PC and 1 on the 360

apart from the points the icons are nice.

about the achievement:

The should remove this game form the Retail List and place it under the

Arcade list, it is an Arcade game.

now and days u have Gs of 1250 and Halo 3 has even got 1500 Gs so,

its fair to say give this game 3 achievements more and his 200 points.

total will be 12AM 200Gs.

• 1 month later...
There is no point to this game. Whats the point to play for 0g's

Think back to PC gaming where people play just to have fun. I went through coop through the whole game on PC and it was so fun. Now that I sometimes play on 360 I do understand how some people want a "reward" or.. for other people to "acknowledge" their achievements... the 0 G did kill it but I wouldn't mind going through it just to have it completed on my list. It's a fun game although I have not tried the xbox 360 version which comes with Q4, I only played it on PC with revamped engines to make the graphics look better.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've completed this game on PC about 30-40 times over all those years, I've never heard of the 360 version until today. It's a shame this isn't an arcade game with 200 G, I'd love to pay 800 MSP for it and have it in my gamer profile.

Quake II is the only Quake I like, and the best shooter I've ever played. Maybe they could still make it an arcade game with achievements? It wouldn't cost them anything. A man can dream...

Finally got quake 4 and the bonus disc and hopped on quake 2 right away. After I did a Quake 2 coop playthrough of the full game on PC for youtube, I breezed through quake 2 on xbox in 5 -6 hours straight.

Great game.

Note: you cannot get achievements in coop mode from local games, it has to be done solo.

• 6 months later...

Haven't played this game in ages, loved it so much. too bad there's no points but hell...when I grab a copy of Q4 I'm heading straight into this!!

EDIT: yup now have it bonus disc included, broke down after seeing it for $12, so much for no more games until I empty my shelf. Let blowing up of Strogg commence.

Edited by Opiate42

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...