Don't get Cocky achievement..... RIDONKULOUS!!!

Hero2None

Can someone show a video of this achievement. Although, that wont help me, but least I'll know it can be done. I read a post of someone's saying he finished with 73% hull integrity. WHAT! I'm sure it can be done just want to see. This is crazy.

Gamertag: Hero2None

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. event has random scripts eventually you will get an easier one (fewer

big asteroids)

2. turn brightness up on tv/and or game settings (see asteroids earlier)

3. before sitting on gun open airlock door (you will not run out of air)

4. please use search function in future as this has been answered 100 times

hope this helps!

Thanks for info, I've tried all of the above. Like you said trial and error, but I'm impatient. As you stated it has been answered a 100 times but I wanted to see someone do it. Guess I'll try utube. Thanks again.

P.S. The Lions...........really?

I found it annoying too, just keep trying, eventually I mastered it and did it without taking a hit, (well, ok. One.) Most of the time I realised I screwed up because I was moving my controller too much, and it caused me to move past the asteroids. Move the cannon slowly and firmly, and you should be fine. Use both cannons on big asteroids for Instant Destroy.

Was actually fairly easy for me.

1> Don't fire unless you can hit an asteroid.

2> Only use two barrels when a big asteroid is coming--or if there is a very large cluster that is tight packed. And only hold both barrels briefly.

3> Never overheat.

3> Go for grouped asteroids. If you can't blow everything up on the screen, let one float by and take a cluster of them out.

4> Large asteroids hit you for a massive amount of damage [even a single fragment of them] so never let them slip by.

Good luck.

I swear. This achievement is fucking impossible for me. I keep calm, but for some reason, my left eye keeps tearing up and I lose my concentration. Hell -- just now, I was at 81 when he told me to hold on another minute -- all of a sudden, my eye tears up (for maybe the eight time now) and I'm immediately at 49.

I swear. Wtf...

EDIT:

Just got it. Eye kept tearing all twenty tries from the original entry until now. Managed to pull 78 for a while until he had the "just a little bit longer" message. Luckily, the script was decent, with the exception of the cluster fuck of large 'roids.

Edited by Chaosflare

This achievement took me only 5 tries..

I guess i got a lucky script

but what helps is

If you turn ur brightness really high, Sit really close to ur tv, And i noticed the asteroids at the very top of the screen WILL Miss and not do any damage. I only fired 1 gun to avoid overheating, and only sprayed when there was a large rock.

gl

is the difficulty of this and slugger related to the difficulty your playing the game on at all?

will they be easier on easy and harder on impossible?

No.The Difficulty does NOTHING. on Impossible. Its the same. On Easy, Its the same.(Except for scripted parts)

i thought this achievement was hard when i got it, took me AGES to get it done on my first play through. on my second play through on impossible i did it again without even trying.

must have got a very easy random pattern

Was actually fairly easy for me.

1> Don't fire unless you can hit an asteroid.

2> Only use two barrels when a big asteroid is coming--or if there is a very large cluster that is tight packed. And only hold both barrels briefly.

3> Never overheat.

3> Go for grouped asteroids. If you can't blow everything up on the screen, let one float by and take a cluster of them out.

4> Large asteroids hit you for a massive amount of damage [even a single fragment of them] so never let them slip by.

Good luck.

I agree with everything here though I would like to add one thing:

5> If you've tried for a straight hour, stop playing the game and do something else to let you cool down for a bit. I tried straight for 45 minutes and gave up. I came back to it an hour later and got it my second try. Practice makes perfect, but unfortunately it's also luck of the draw.

• 1 month later...

People really have that much trouble with this? Took be about 3 tries and I got it with about 70% hull intact. Just shoot both guns at once and never never hold it down. Only aim for huge asteroids and very fast moving ones if there are multiple on screen. Some asteroids going to the side of the screen will miss you, and some will do minimal damage (like 2-3%).

I think my copy of the game hates me.

No joke, I've attempted this one at least 30 or more times. I just get asteroids coming out of every possible direction, like some sort of huricane in space. I always, always, ALWAYS get overwhelmed once Hammond comes on with his "Just another minute, Isaac" speech.

I've tried the brightness trick, I've tried having friends do it, I've tried everything I could concieveably think of to help. Everything just goes to hell as soon as it starts. The closest ammount of shielding I can finish with is like, 65%. I have never gotten anything you could consider an "easy" script. I've had to deal with four massive asteroids at the same time before, which immediately killed me.

3. before sitting on gun open airlock door (you will not run out of air)

Can someone explain me why you should do this?

I am also having much trouble with this one and I can't believe so many people here found it so easy.

Anyways I haven't opened the airlock at any of my tries.

Probably this is what I was missing.

Airlock makes no difference...not sure why that was listed. The most helpful advice I read was don't fret too much about the asteroids that are way out to the left or right and to focus on the ones within your immediate view (when it starts getting heavy at least). It took me about 10-15 tries I'd say...