Do i have to start new game to play DLC?

Russman

The only thing you have to start over for is the "Night Terrors" achievement. This requires you to beat the original campaign on Ultra Nightmare difficulty. Unfortunately, there is no NewGame+ feature so you have to start from the beginning with none of what you gained from your original playthrough. This is also assuming you had already beat the game.

I would suggest just starting a new game on Ultra Nightmare and doing the DLC as you play through the game again. You get a new gun after the first DLC mission called the Nailgun and it makes life pretty easy. There are 3 types of ammunition for this gun. Nails, Rebars, and Railgun Slugs.

Nail ammo is fully automatic and...you guessed it...shoots nails at high velocity.

The Rebars shoot one at a time and are one hit kills to the common enemies. Headshots make crude wall decorations.

The Railgun Slug ammunition type comes with a scope that can see through walls. Line your target(s) up and shoot. Even through the thickest walls your target(s) will parish in wonderfully grotesque fashion.

You could always just use your original save file, change it to Easy, beat the DLC missions, and then start a new game on UN and ignore the new missions. I just chose to do it in one attempt and it hasn't been that difficult. Get good at the Jackpot game and you make some serious cash betting $50.

I hope this helps.

But what if you last save game is pushing the button before end cutscene? What should I do?

Push the button. When the game ends, you'll be given the option to go back to the wasteland to collect any collectibles you may have missed or any missions you may not've completed.

However, if you're planning on getting all of the DLC achievements, you might as well start a new playthrough on Ultra Nightmare difficulty and just rush through the main quests. I advise that you do the new missions too as you'll be given the powerful Nailgun that will make missions a lot easier.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering this myself, but after hearing about the Nailgun (and the relative ease of the new difficulty level) I'm starting over. Hell, it was a fun game and worth another playthrough. Plus, I missed some of the achievements from the first one, like killing so many with such and such a weapon.

• 5 months later...

Hi guyz, just recently bought the dlc. I had finished the game maybe a year ago and obviously i don't rememebr much. So I am stuck in this territory "Eastern Wastelands" or something just before Capital Prime. I visited the underground city which is my hideout (yu know buy ammunition, race the car, speak to people etc), but how the heck can I go to the beginning of the map? In the first wasteland to find the door that commences the scorchers mission.

This thing is crazy! Any help?!

Can I Drive there? If yes how?I found Jackals territoy, and a couple other location and thats it.

Man, it drives me nuts!

Edit: I keep looking online in Rage Wiki n such and cant seem to find a solution how to get from Eastern Wasteland to just Wasteland (or Northern wasteland as the game officially calls it).

Please help guyz

Edited by hexenlord