Global release date: March 27th, 2013

Marketplace cost: 800 MS Points

Size of DLC: 1.29 GB

Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10

Offline: 10(250:gsicon:)

Online: 0(0:gsicon:)

Approximate time to finish: ~3 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Number of missable achievements: None (mission select).

Glitched achievements: None reported.

Cheats: None reported (or needed).

Introduction

Siberian Strike is the first single-player DLC for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. It can either be downloaded free of charge if you have a code provided in the Bulletproof Steelbook Edition (if you managed to get one) or with 800 MS Points on the marketplace.

There are three missions, which take around an hour to complete on any difficulty. The quickest and most efficient way to finish off this DLC would be to simply play through it at whichever difficulty suits you, while making sure to sneak through the underground storehouse undetected (refer to 'Shadow Man') and grab all secrets along the way (refer to 'Getting Tail in Siberia').

By clicking HERE, you will be taken to the second post of a video guide thread for this DLC's collectables and 'Shadow Man.' Videos brought to you by NeedToAchieve.

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE

0YCLiGJhbC9DCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzI3AAAAAOfn5-6QtiE=.jpg

Once More Into The Fray - 30:gsicon:

Begun the hunt.

Story related and cannot be missed. This will unlock as soon as the cut-scene ends to the first mission, 'Operation Siberian Strike.'

0oCLiGJhbC9MCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzI4AAAAAOfn5-23oi8=.jpg

Fool For The City - 10:gsicon:

Completed "Operation Siberian Strike."

Story related and cannot be missed. This is the first mission out of three added in the DLC.

04CLiGJhbC9NCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzI5AAAAAOfn5-xXWrw=.jpg

With A Little Help From Friends - 10:gsicon:

Completed "It Takes Two."

Story related and cannot be missed. This is the second mission out of three added in the DLC.

0ICLiGJhbC8VCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzJhAAAAAOfn5-94BRA=.jpg

Down Under - 10:gsicon:

Completed "Last Rites."

Story related and cannot be missed. This is the final mission out of three added in the DLC. The achievement will unlock after watching or skipping the credits.

0oCLiGJhbC9ECRsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzMwAAAAAOfn5-29pJo=.jpg

Getting Tail in Siberia - 50:gsicon:

Collected all secrets in Siberian Strike campaign.

There are a total of 12 secrets in the Siberian Strike campaign, with four being in each of the three missions. The secrets in this DLC are small Russian Matryoshka dolls. Below is a text guide to finding them all. You can see what level(s) you are missing secrets in by going to Extras, Secrets, Siberian Strike, and then choosing the mission you need. All locations are in order.

Operation "Siberian Strike"

1. Near the end of the cave system with all the railings and stairs, you will see a small building near the exit to the cave. Go in the front door, and turn to your right. You will see the doll lying on a box covered in a green tarp.

2. After exiting the lab area after interrogating the first guy, you will open a door and see another small building directly in front of you in the distance. Go straight, jump over the box and railing, go through the grass and into the back door of the building. Turn left and you will see two microscopes. Behind the second one on the left rests the doll.

3. Once you have crossed over the train, you will need to cross a large open area with many boxes. In the distance you will see a large antenna. To the left of the large antenna is a smaller building. Go inside this building and you will find the doll beside a radio in the back left corner of the room.

4. The final doll on the first level will be after a cut-scene where you look at photographs on the floor and listen to an audio recording. Once the cut-scene ends, deal with the enemy sniper and look around for a couch. To the left of the couch will be the doll.

It Takes Two

1. After providing over watch for Diaz, you will need to begin traveling across rooftops and killing the backup soldiers. At the start of this segment, keep right until you reach a staircase which goes downwards and left. You will see the doll in a cardboard box directly in front of you.

2. Keep going forward after you pick up the first one. You will see another staircase leading down to the left; this set of stairs is a metal staircase. Directly across from the stairs is an upper section of the roof which is covered in ice. Go down the stairs, across this small area, and up the next staircase. Take a right, and look where the ice was. The doll is sitting near the corner of the iced over section.

3. A little ways down the rooftops, Diaz will ask for help killing enemy snipers who have pinned him down. Once they're all dead, turn around and look for an open doorway with an orange tarp being blown in the wind over the doorway. Inside and to the left is the doll on top of an overturned couch.

4. This one is tricky to spot. After riding the cable across to the other rooftop, you will enter inside the building and go down some stairs. One enemy will come from the left once you reach the bottom of the stairs. After you turn the corner of the stairs, you will see a generator with green baggage piled around it. Look up and to the right if you are facing the generator. The doll will be resting on an electrical box in the dark (big thanks to Bar6arian over at TA for pointing this one out for me).

Last Rites

1. A little ways into the mission you will reach a pretty dark underground area. The first group of enemies you kill will be where the doll is. There will be a staircase leading down into a pit-like area with a bag, a box, and a fireplace where one soldier is. The doll is on the table.

2. After crossing the freeway and sliding down the slope, kill the soldiers here and then look for the small building on the right. Go inside the front door and look left. The doll will be on a table next to some files in the back of the room.

3. If you keep going after getting the second secret, a couple of helicopters will fly over and you will be at a very large base. In the back of this base you will see a rather long building with a tower. First head up to the tower you can get into to your left before the base and stealth kill the sniper here. Take out everyone in the base and once it's clear enough, head towards the large building. It's okay if you set off an alarm. Go up the central staircase and go left. You will now see a ramp leading down to the left and a walkway alongside the building to the right. Follow the walkway to the right all the way to the end of the walkway. In the corner at the end of this walkway you will find the doll on top of some boxes.

4. As you are escaping the ship before it explodes, eventually along the way Cole will say "clock's ticking, gotta move double time!" When he says that, you should be going up a ramp. At the top of the ramp, instead of going right, go left. Keep going along this walkway and then look left. You will see a snow-covered beam stretching across the span of the ship's hull. Walk along this beam and at the end of it, you will find the final doll. You can then continue exiting the ship by going left from the doll.

* REMAINING GUIDE CONTINUED IN POST DIRECTLY BELOW *

Edited by Nevander

SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS

[spoiler=secret]

04CLiGJhbC8XCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzJjAAAAAOfn5-y59DY=.jpg

Taste of Your Own Medicine - 20:gsicon:

Completed the first interrogation.

Story related and cannot be missed. This will unlock near the beginning of the first mission 'Operation Siberian Strike' after watching the cut-scene of this first interrogation.

0oCLiGJhbC8WCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzJiAAAAAOfn5-1ZDKU=.jpg

Easy Rider - 30:gsicon:

Got the train moving again.

Story related and cannot be missed. This will unlock in the later half of the first mission, 'Operation Siberian Strike.' The achievement unlocks after watching the cut-scene where you are in the train.

1oCLiGJhbC8QCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzJkAAAAAOfn5-kbH88=.jpg

Learning To Fly - 20:gsicon:

Completed the second interrogation.

Story related and cannot be missed. This takes place right at the beginning of the second mission, 'It Takes Two,' after killing one soldier. The achievement unlocks after watching the cut-scene where you are climbing up after falling.

1YCLiGJhbC8SCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzJmAAAAAOfn5-ra7uk=.jpg

Shadow Man - 50:gsicon:

Sneaked through the underground storehouse undetected.

This is the hardest achievement in this DLC, but it's not actually hard AT ALL. A couple side-notes:

• If you alert anyone, immediately press :start: and load last checkpoint.
  • It is HIGHLY recommended to use thermal vision during this segment by pressing :dleft:.

In the third mission, 'Last Rites,' you will come to a dark underground area. The first set of enemies will include two men as you exit a door. Let them pass and then move up behind them. One will stop by a fire and the other will stop at the stairs. In the distance to the right you will see one other soldier. Let the one at the stairs go down the stairs and then stealth kill the one by the fire. Now shoot the one to the right as he is walking away. Now look down and kill the one at the table (there is also a secret here). Continue forward until you come to the next room.

In this room there are two enemies to the far left at a door, but you can just sneak past them. Keep to the right side of this area and go right past them and then further down the right side you will see a part of a railing that is missing along with a series of pipes you can walk across. Quickly move across these pipes and go around behind them. Turn around and watch the stairs that you just went past. You will see three soldiers walk up them and away from you. Once all three are gone, move forward down the pipes.

There are two enemies left until you are home free. Kill the one on the walkway above once he is to the far left first. Now kill the one below you at the fire. Once they are dead, you can run for it. Go up the stairs and move towards the objective marker. The achievement will unlock as soon as you drop down outside.

14CLiGJhbC8RCBsDGlFTVmQ0L2FjaC8wLzJlAAAAAOfn5-j751w=.jpg

Actions Speak Louder Than Words - 20:gsicon:

Completed the third interrogation.

Story related and cannot be missed. You will obtain the last interrogation achievement after watching the cut-scene after clearing the base and going through the door in the last level, 'Last Rites.'

CREDITS

Thanks to the following individuals for their advice and input going into this guide:

• Bar6arian over at TA for helping with the last secret location.
  • NeedToAchieve for bringing us video guides for the DLC stuff.
  • Title image from the Platinum Club page over at PS3Trophies.

Edited by Nevander

Is this DLC out?

Not to the public, not yet:

Siberian Strike is the first single-player DLC for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. It can currently be downloaded free of charge if you have a code provided in the Bulletproof Steelbook Edition. No word of when it will be available to everyone else, nor the cost.

I just decided to go ahead and do the guide for it since a lot of people can already download it and finish the DLC. I asked MeonOner before I started working on it though since he did the main guide, he was cool with me doing the DLC guide.

Hmm I got the steel book edition. All I got was some mp DLC codes

You know I read someone else's comment that said they didn't get one either. I guess that a random lot of people got a code for it. I notice it reads 'lucky few' on the voucher, and I don't recall seeing the DLC being listed as a bonus in the steelbook edition.

Interesting, but also disappointing. Sorry to hear they didn't give you one. :(

You know I read someone else's comment that said they didn't get one either. I guess that a random lot of people got a code for it. I notice it reads 'lucky few' on the voucher, and I don't recall seeing the DLC being listed as a bonus in the steelbook edition.

Interesting, but also disappointing. Sorry to hear they didn't give you one. :(

It's all good mate, beens I don't have the net for a few weeks it doesn't really matter anyways!

I even just looked on eBay and there weren't any Siberian strike DLC codes

Thanks. That info was already posted in the Roadmap...

Oh, when I was in here before it wasn't. My bad.

I will wait for a sale then, until them this guide will be waiting! :p

Yeah, I'm sort of annoyed, I had thought they said it would be free. Not just free for those who bought the collector's edition. I'll probably wait as well, hopefully it gets dropped down soon.

Oh, when I was in here before it wasn't. My bad.

Your post is at 4:25pm EST on 3/22/13. The roadmap was last edited at 9:51am EST on 3/22/13. It was in the roadmap before you posted. Just sayin'. ;)

OT, as I've rented this game, I'm not going to get the DLC at full price. I'll wait until it possibly goes down, buy it, then rent the game again. It's a shame that they are charging so much for it. They're only shooting themselves in the foot because the majority of the gamers are just going to wait until it gets discounted. If you don't then you're just silly. If it never does, then that's just lost sales. You'll get 5 times as many purchasers at 400msp than you would at 800msp, and you would still come out ahead. Why can't developers/publishers see that? They'll get more sales and potentially more money with cheaper DLC. I guess they're counting on the idiots who buy DLC without thinking to rake in their money.

It's like Sniper Elite V2. Who really bought the 'Assassinate the Furher' DLC at 800msp? Or the other two add-ons at 400msp each? Or the weapons pack at 240msp. That's $23 right there in just DLC alone. With the 'Silver Star' edition coming out in a week or two for just $30, who in their right mind now would buy the DLC individually? Buy the Silver Star and sell your other copy (if you have it). It'll be cheaper in the long run. Yeah, it'll just be a few bucks, but the fact is, it's a few bucks saved.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Yeah, I'm sort of annoyed, I had thought they said it would be free. Not just free for those who bought the collector's edition. I'll probably wait as well, hopefully it gets dropped down soon.

It's not free for EVERYONE that bought the Collector's Edition. I bought it, and it came in the mail yesterday. I didn't get a code.

It's totally unfair to make people not only wait but have to pay for this DLC, while others that bought the exact same edition of the game get it for free.

I would understand if EVERYBODY that bought the Collector's Edition got it because that's the perks of forking out extra money for a Collector's Edition. But to make it free to a select few is absolute bullshit.:mad:

Having said that, I am enjoying the game.

It's not free for EVERYONE that bought the Collector's Edition. I bought it, and it came in the mail yesterday. I didn't get a code.

It's totally unfair to make people not only wait but have to pay for this DLC, while others that bought the exact same edition of the game get it for free.

I would understand if EVERYBODY that bought the Collector's Edition got it because that's the perks of forking out extra money for a Collector's Edition. But to make it free to a select few is absolute bullshit.:mad:

Having said that, I am enjoying the game.

People are getting confused with the Collector's Edition and the Steelbook Edition. While the Steelbook does come with the Collector's Edition, this DLC was offered in the Steelbook Edition only. That's why you didn't get it in the Collector's Edition. Plus, I'm almost 100% certain that this was a US only promotion, so the Collector's Edition's (and Limited Edition's) would never have it as they are not available in the US at all. They are International only.

Now, there are some people who say they are not getting it with the Steelbook Edition. I'm thinking one of three things: it was randomly packed in so it's based on luck that you get it, people who are not from the US are thinking they are supposed to get it, or it was a retailer or pre-order exclusive (can anyone confirm this?). Either way, talking about it on x360a isn't going to do any good. Why don't you email City Interactive instead? There you may get an answer.

Collector's Edition and Limited Edition pics

Nowhere in these pics does it say that the Siberian Strike DLC comes with these editions. To sum up, if you bought either the Collector's or Limited editions, you were not supposed to get the mission DLC. Only US gamers who bought the Steelbook Edition in the US got the DLC.

If anyone can confirm otherwise, I do apologize, but I think I'm correct on this. All I did was read all the posts in this forum which lead me to this conclusion. No one (that I've read about) who bought the Collector's Edition got the DLC and people from the US who bought the Steelbook Edition got it. It's simple.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

People are getting confused with the Collector's Edition and the Steelbook Edition. While the Steelbook does come with the Collector's Edition, this DLC was offered in the Steelbook Edition only. That's why you didn't get it in the Collector's Edition. Plus, I'm almost 100% certain that this was a US only promotion, so the Collector's Edition's (and Limited Edition's) would never have it as they are not available in the US at all. They are International only.

Now, there are some people who say they are not getting it with the Steelbook Edition. I'm thinking one of three things: it was randomly packed in so it's based on luck that you get it, people who are not from the US are thinking they are supposed to get it, or it was a retailer or pre-order exclusive (can anyone confirm this?). Either way, talking about it on x360a isn't going to do any good. Why don't you email City Interactive instead? There you may get an answer.

Collector's Edition and Limited Edition pics

Nowhere in these pics does it say that the Siberian Strike DLC comes with these editions. To sum up, if you bought either the Collector's or Limited editions, you were not supposed to get the mission DLC. Only US gamers who bought the Steelbook Edition in the US got the DLC.

If anyone can confirm otherwise, I do apologize, but I think I'm correct on this. All I did was read all the posts in this forum which lead me to this conclusion. No one (that I've read about) who bought the Collector's Edition got the DLC and people from the US who bought the Steelbook Edition got it. It's simple.

Yea a friend of mine just got the normal which is $39.99 nothing. Steel Box $69.99, didn't think I it, but it was was behind everything which is weird.

Getting Tail in Siberia just glitched on me. When I got the final collectible it didn't come up with the 4/4 message and no achievement. Died and reloaded and the collectible was gone but still no achievement ... booo!

Hmmm. Is it possible you missed one on another level? First thing to ask. If you're certain, it may be possible you picked it up right as the ship was exploding? Thus not registering the collectible properly? You may have to delete your save and start fresh, sad to say.

im having trouble on the last rites level, after killing the first guys the collectable on the table downstairs you find i just cannot pick up the collectable, i have restarted the checlpoint but still cannot pick it up.

Had that happen a couple times, just get killed on purpose and go back. It should now let you pick it up. If that fails, just hold :xbut: at all possible angles and eventually you'll get it.

Had that happen a couple times, just get killed on purpose and go back. It should now let you pick it up. If that fails, just hold :xbut: at all possible angles and eventually you'll get it.

tried the angles but it never worked, i have got it now though, it seems when you kill the guy if he slumps onto the table it somehow stopped me getting it, once i shot him and he was on the floor i could pick it up.

completed the DLC now, thanks for the guide.

one thing about the last collectable on last rites when i went along the beam if you move too far over the left on the beam it goes to a cutscene like it did with me, i pressed pause and went back to the main menu then continued the game and it put me at the start of the ship blowing up so i was able to go slowly along the beam and get it.

lone thing about the last collectable on last rites when i went along the beam if you move too far over the left on the beam it goes to a cutscene like it did with me, i pressed pause and went back to the main menu then continued the game and it put me at the start of the ship blowing up so i was able to go slowly along the beam and get it.

It's the timer for the explosions which are about to happen, which make you fail and it shows a cutscene. If you just haul ass there, you'll have plenty of time.