What Happened To This Game

my friend got his x360 copy Friday and another friend got their ps3 version on Friday as well. Unless theres a big graphics update this game should never have shipped on last gen. I am not one of those graphics > gameplay people but this game is a trainwreck. I have played ps2 games with better textures. Plus this game has a severe case of texture redrawing when you turn around. It will probably look better on ps4 / xbox one but this game should never have come out for ps3 / x360.

This image is the game on a 50" 1080p LED tv, and it doesn't sharpen if you sit still. That's as good as it gets. The cinematics look good as hell and the gun textures are nice but everything else is garbage.

http://i.imgur.com/qXyMVDF.jpg

Edited by cmcgregor

Woooooowww!!!! That reminds me of when Payday 2 dropped for the xbox 360...and have yet to see an update for it...They crapped all over the xbox 360 version meanwhile...the pc copy of Payday 2 gets updated on a weekly/monthly basis. Glad I got it on Steam as well.

my friend got his x360 copy Friday and another friend got their ps3 version on Friday as well. Unless theres a big graphics update this game should never have shipped on last gen. I am not one of those graphics > gameplay people but this game is a trainwreck. I have played ps2 games with better textures. Plus this game has a severe case of texture redrawing when you turn around. It will probably look better on ps4 / xbox one but this game should never have come out for ps3 / x360.

This image is the game on a 50" 1080p LED tv, and it doesn't sharpen if you sit still. That's as good as it gets. The cinematics look good as hell and the gun textures are nice but everything else is garbage.

Has this discovery made the game less fun to play?

Woooooowww!!!! That reminds me of when Payday 2 dropped for the xbox 360...and have yet to see an update for it...They crapped all over the xbox 360 version meanwhile...the pc copy of Payday 2 gets updated on a weekly/monthly basis. Glad I got it on Steam as well.

I put Payday 2 in my 360 last Tuesday and there was a 735K update. I shit thee not.

However, the only thing I noticed that was different is that the bots aren't the bullet-sponges they had been previously.

Your complaining about the graphics on the last gen system? I think we know why it looks like shit.

Because they took the time to polish the next gen versions while ignoring the current gen? yeah that's correct, it has nothing to do with the machines not being able to handle it. Rage uses the same if not slightly different/older in game engine and it was friggin gorgeous to play. I can understand next gens getting the spit and polish treatment, but that doesn't mean us current gen owners should get a vastly inferior game. Especially when with some upres and engine tweaks it could've been so much sharper.

Because they took the time to polish the next gen versions while ignoring the current gen? yeah that's correct, it has nothing to do with the machines not being able to handle it. Rage uses the same if not slightly different/older in game engine and it was friggin gorgeous to play. I can understand next gens getting the spit and polish treatment, but that doesn't mean us current gen owners should get a vastly inferior game. Especially when with some upres and engine tweaks it could've been so much sharper.

Could be that they were trying to keep the game size down. It's already on 4 discs. Maybe the better graphics would've kicked it up to 6 or 7 discs. I thought a lot of the stuff looked blocky/pixelated up close, but it didn't really bother me. I was too focused on sneaking around or shooting stuff to be admiring the scenery. ;)

Yeah see it bothered me because I was stealthy around, alot easier to notice things when your silent and still. Had I ran and gun cod style I probably wouldn't have minded but when the game has you interact with switches that aren't even rendered, that's hard to let pass. I guess what I'm saying is why focus so much energy on giving the environment character but make it ugly to look at is all.

Well I'm on the 360, strangely I didn't see this issue, just played all the way through and didn't see this issue anywhere. Maybe it's just your 360 having problems rendering.

Same, part way through and I have had nothing like what the OP posted. I am also glad it was released for the 360 and I can't just go out and buy a new console, I have other bills to play. Graphics don't bother me, I just wanted to play the game, and I am having a blast with it.

• 3 months later...
Same, part way through and I have had nothing like what the OP posted. I am also glad it was released for the 360 and I can't just go out and buy a new console, I have other bills to play. Graphics don't bother me, I just wanted to play the game, and I am having a blast with it.

Well for me most of the textures look horrible. I got a new 360 recently so it's nothing to do with the xbox. You can't blame the system i've seen better looking textures on 360 games that came out 8-9 years ago. Maybe move closer to the Tv and you'll most likely see all the horrible textures

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...