Achievements on Unrecovered Gamertag

retxab24

Alright, so I was reading a couple other threads here on this problem, but none of them I saw really answered my question.

A while ago, I was playing Mass Effect (1) and was getting close to the 1k (without DLC.) All i needed were the achievements for completing the majority of the game with Wrex / Kaidan, and for simply completing the majority of the game, as well as a few ability achievements. However, when I was getting close, I went to a friends house and recovered my gamertag on his xbox. When I got back, i unlocked all the remaining "majority of the game" achievements, but I'd forgotten to recover my gamertag. I ended up running through the game again, but no matter how much of the game I completed, I was unable to unlock any of these achievements.

From what I've read, it sounds like if you unlock these achievements without recovering your gamertag, you can't unlock them again. My question is would it work to start another save file on a memory card and play through the game again on that?

Yes, that would work. Your game's save file thinks you have unlocked the achievements, while your gamertag does not since you recovered somewhere else before updating on Live.

To avoid this in the future, either ALWAYS connect to Live before recovering on another machine, or buy a memory card and store your profile there, so you can just bring it everywhere and save the time and hassle of recovering at all.

• 2 weeks later...