Don't get Cocky achievement..... RIDONKULOUS!!!

Hero2None

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did give in and try to get this.............. FINALLY 1000/1000!

It's been at 990/1000 for a year at least. Got it on the second try.

You'll get it if:

-You're patient

-Never double fire unless it's huge

-CRANK THE BRIGHTNESS UP!

-Lead the asteroid fire once then move on, don't even wait to see if it hits.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Turn the brightness up

Stay in the middle most of them on the sides actually miss.

Use both guns to blow them up faster especially some of the big ones look like small ones.

Its really luck based you could have 3 big ones go right above you and bring you down to like 55% hull or you could have all of the big ones going down the center. All in all keep trying and you will get it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
huge pain in the ass.

i hate achievements like these.

The game has whats called...... Actually I forget what its called. But basically items and patterns on somethings are random. You could for example find plasma ammo in a crate, die, go back and this time it will be flame thrower ammo.

The same goes for the meteorite achievement. Its all about getting luicky with the pattern. Theres one where it fires barely any huge rocks and you can pass it easilly with a good 70%+ shields.

Its how I just did it again a few hours ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I tried for this 2 years ago... couldn't do it... sat down on Friday, tried about 10 times, and finally got it! I must have gotten really lucky or something as the hull was still at 61%.

It can take a couple of tries. I remember doing it a few years back and it was really difficult. It is sadly very luck based, but in time you get it down. It really depends if the game wants to send big asteroids or small asteroids at you.

• 5 months later...

The best advice you can get for this achievement is to just not let it stress you. Once you've reached a certain baseline of skill in video games (and it's not very high), then you have the ability to get this achievement, you just need to try until you get a favorable script. So when you fail, don't let it get to you. Just keep calm and try every time. Accept that you can't beat it every time or even half the times.

• 10 months later...
The best advice you can get for this achievement is to just not let it stress you. Once you've reached a certain baseline of skill in video games (and it's not very high), then you have the ability to get this achievement, you just need to try until you get a favorable script. So when you fail, don't let it get to you. Just keep calm and try every time. Accept that you can't beat it every time or even half the times.

This! It's so true.

I followed this advice and went back to it and just got this achievement, finally. This achievement kept me from the Dead Space completion for 3 years because I'd given up on it. The asteroid sequence is so randomized that it's just crazy. I found myself really struggling and getting stressed out about it and trying my hardest, just to finish with 19% shields remaining sometimes. I'd get frustrated and I quit playing it for a while, thinking it was just impossible. I went back to it the other day with a new mindset, being that it's random and I just have to have patience until a good script comes along. Sure enough, it did. I was barely even trying and got a 49% on one attempt, as there were hardly any large asteroids and the small ones were slow and mostly spaced out enough that I had time to lazily shoot at them with fair accuracy. I thought it would never happen again though, and wished I had tried harder. I started up another attempt, and again, they were pretty easy and I got a 51% with only half of the effort that I was putting into the harder randomizations when I was finishing with 15-20% shields remaining. :eek: You just have to keep trying and have patience until the randomization favors you. And it will, eventually. It can just take a while. :)