Hogwarts Crest Locations Guide

GUIDE NOW LISTS ALL 125 HOGWARTS CRESTS!!!

This is a complete guide to the locations of every Hogwarts Crest in the game. This obviously does not include locations of the Mini-Crests, which you have to get over the course of the game. The number of mini-crests you have to collect is detailed in the list just below.

I know the descriptions are a little unclear, but I tried as best as I could to keep everything organized. For example, when I say the Astronomy Tower, I also mean the room at the bottom as well as the hallway leading to it. I'm working on reorganizing the locations at the moment.

NOTE: The last two crests I added since I first posted this guide are bolded(one is at the Boathouse and the other in the Viaduct Hallway).

Thanks to BigStickKenobi, here are the values needed to obtain each crest:

100=1

200=2

300=3

450=4

600=5

800=6

1000=7

1250=8

1500=9

2000=10

2500=11

3000=12

4000=13

5000=14

6250=15

7500=16

9000=17

10500=18

12250=19

14000=20

16000=21

18000=22

20250=23

22500=24

25000=25 Mini crests

Some tips for crest hunting:

-If a crest is behind a gate, pick it up with Wingardium Leviosa, throw it to break it, pick it back up and move it outside the gate, then use Reparo to fix it.

-If the crest is up on a wall, find a nearby object to use Wingardium Leviosa on and throw it at the object(may take a couple tries in some cases).

-If the crest is inside a branch, tree, or spider web, use Incendio on it so it catches fire, and continue to slowly move the right thumbstick up and down to burn the branch/tree away.

-Some of the crests can only be hit down if you have Crest Collector 4 unlocked, as this sets up Dungbomb prank boxes around the school and grounds. If you see a crest that has no objects nearby, chances are there will be a box there

-Again, some others can only be hit down once you unlock Crest Collector 7, which unlocks Exploding Cauldron prank boxes around the school

Astronomy Tower:

-Above the door leading to the spiralling staircase near the lion statue

-Behind a gate at the back of the library area

-Up and to the left of the exit

-Lion statue

Boathouse:

-On the stairs between the Entrance Courtyard and the Boathouse

-Above the door at the bottom of the long staircase

-On the backside of the Boathouse, between the staircase and the long path to the Paved Courtyard, high up(thanks to || JaSoN ||)

Path From Boathouse and Paved Courtyard:

-Sitting on the left side of the path in some grass

-Inside a box of fireworks on the left

-On the right wall behind a tree, there is a boulder on the ground just to the left

Charms:

-On one of the desks near the window

-On the opposite side of the room, on the wall

Clock Tower:

-On the back side of the pendulum

-On the very top floor of the Clock Tower, sitting above the gears of the clock, where the beams form a "T"

-On the very top floor of the clock tower, near one of the staircases

-Down the hallway at the top of the tower, above the door just before the statue

-Lion statue

Clock Tower Courtyard:

-Inside a box of fireworks in the center

-Laying on the ground in the corner, broken...if you are looking away from the entrance to the school, it's the right corner of the courtyard, under a tree

-In an alcove to the left of the entrance to the Clock Tower

-Behind a tree to the left of the Covered Bridge

Gryffindor Common Room:

-Above the fireplace

-In the boy's dormitory, between two of the beds

-On the wall right next to the entrance to the boy's dormitory

Covered Bridge:

-Right in the middle of the bridge

Entrance Courtyard:

-On the left side of the entrance to the castle

-On the right side of the entrance to the castle

-On the side opposite Dumbledore's office, broken on the ground, inside the walkway

-On a ledge just at the top of the stairs leading to the boathouse

-Inside a tree on a wall near the entrance to the Paved Courtyard

-Lion statue

Entrance Dungeon:

-Enter the Entrance Dungeon from the Grand Staircase, and turn around, you'll see it right next to the door you just entered through

Floor 1:

-In the room next to the Stone Bridge, above the door heading toward the Grand Staircase

Floor 3:

-There is a statue holding it in the inside curve of the hallway, throw a flower pot at it and grab it with Wingardium Leviosa

-Behind a gate next to the exit to the Suspension Bridge

Grand Staircase:

-At the very bottom, under one of the staircases

-Look straight out from the platform near the entrance to the Great Hall and you'll see this one on a platform

-On a platform right next to the Library portrait shortcut, up and to the left if you are staring at the shortcut

-Stand on the platform where the entrance to Floor 5 is, facing the door. Turn right and go up two sets of stairs, you'll be facing the door which leads to Slughorn's Office. Make a 180 and you'll see it straight ahead on the wall

Hagrid's Hut:

-On top of the door of Hagrid's Hut

-Near Hagrid's Hut inside a tree

-Past Hagrid's Hut next to the Lion statue

-Along the path you walk up at the beginning of the game

-Lion statue

Herbology:

-In the back of the greenhouse where Potions Club is

-On the wall above the door that leads to the Training Grounds

-Down the dead end near where a Dungbomb box appears, broken on the ground

-From where the Potions Club greenhouse door is, head inside the other greenhouse which leads inside the castle, in the first small room of this greenhouse there is a crest hidden in the grass on the left, you'll see the sparkle from it

Herbology Hallway:

-Right next to the door that leads to Herbology, inside a flower pot. Use Wingardium Leviosa to get it out

-Run down the hallway and hit A to jump at each of the banners hanging down to knock a crest off the third one

-Sitting on a bench

-In the room with stairs that leads up to the Library Hallway, high up on the wall

-Lion statue

Hospital Wing:

-To the left on a wall as you enter, near where the desk is

-Lion statue

Library:

-Near the room with the stairs leading down, on the wall, near the door to Charms Class

-On the floor next to a desk, before entering the actual Library

-In the back of the Library, on the right side when entering from the main Library

-In the very back of the Library, behind the gates

-Lion statue

Owlery:

-On the outside of the Owlery, knock it down with the nearby rock

-First floor inside the Owlery, under the stairs

-Second floor, under the stairs

-Top floor of the Owlery, behind the gate

Passage From Owlery and Quidditch Gate:

-There is a fireworks box at the bottom of the Owlery, use Incendio on it and repair the broken crest

-After reaching Crest Collector 4, there is a Dungbomb box at the entrance to the passage, use Wingardium Leviosa on it and throw the Dungbomb at the crest on the wall inside the passage

-Laying on the ground a bit further inside the passage, near the small pond

-Past the small pond, there is a rock on the ground and a crest on the wall, throw the rock at it

Paved Courtyard:

-On the wall next to the path leading down to the Boathouse

-Inside the covered walkway at the end closest to the stairs

-Inside a box of fireworks on the walkway up the stairs

-Go up the stairs and all the way to the end to find a crest behind a tree

Potions Floor(none are in the Potions Class itself):

-In the room with a bunch of columns, on the archway over the exit

-In a small dead end at the bottom of a downward ramp

-Behind a gate in a small dead end room

-Behind a spider web next to the small dead end room

Quidditch Gate:

-Dead center of the Quidditch Gate

-In the tower next to the Quidditch Gate, look out the windows along the stairs and you'll see it high up on the tower opposite the one you are in. Pick up the flower pot down the stairs a bit, carry it up, and toss it out the window to hit it down

-Up the first set of stairs towards the Training Grounds, use Wingardium Leviosa on the bench in the corner and move it out of the way

Seventh Floor:

-If you enter from the Grand Staircase and count to the fifth archway, it's in the middle of the archway on the left

-Straight ahead from the last one, above the door

-Down the hallway with the banners, to the right on the wall

-Hit all the banners in the hallway

Passage Between Seventh Floor and Potions:

-At the top of the spiraling staircase, throw the chest straight across the stairs at the statue in the window

-At the bottom of the spiraling staircase, on the ground

-On the wall next to a torch

-On the ground next to a handrail on the right

Slughorn's Office:

-Entering the hallway to Slughorn's Office from the Grand Staircase, you'll come to a hallway with banners, hit them all

Stone Bridge:

-Above one of the exits

-On the side of the bridge in the open

Stone Circle:

-Above the entrance to the Covered Bridge

-To the left of the Covered Bridge, inside a tree

-Walk towards the Owlery and you'll see it sitting on the left

-Near the bottom of the hill towards Hagrid's Hut, far off on the right by the trees

Suspension Bridge:

-Above the door leading to the hallway to the Training Grounds

-Lion statue

Passage Between Suspension Bridge and Training Grounds:

-Next to the door leading to the training grounds

-At the bottom of the spiraling staircase behind the statue

Edited by rianbattle

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training Ground:

-Near the stairs leading to the Quidditch Pitch, in a small corner is a crest inside a tree. Burn the tree away and grab it

-Inside the fireworks box near the center of the Training Grounds

-Along the outer wall near the break in the wall, there is a crest on the left side, hit it down

-Along the outer wall to the right of the last one, there is a tree with a crest in it...burn it away and hit the crest down with the nearby Dungbomb

-There is a very small staircase between the previous crest and the entrance to Herbology, walk up to it and you will see the crest sitting on it

-There is a crest sitting right in the middle of the paths near the entrance to Herbology

-Behind a gate to the left of Herbology

-Behind a gate to the right of Herbology

-On the wall to the right of the previous crest, above the empty flower pot

-Around the corner from the last one, behind a spider web

-Lion statue

Transfiguration Courtyard:

-On the archway next to the Lion statue, near the portrait shortcut

-Inside the central tower of the courtyard, in the center of the tower you can see it sitting, use Wingardium Leviosa to nab it

-Run down the hall opposite the Herbology door and hit all the banners to make one drop

-On the wall next to the door to the Transfiguration Class

-Inside Transfiguration Class, above the exit

-Lion statue

Viaduct:

-Behind the statue to the right of the staircase

-Above the door leading down to Potions

-Above the door leading outside

-Outside on the bridge, next to the doorway leading inside the Viaduct

Viaduct Hallway:

-In the hall next to the Viaduct Entrance, above the door leading to the Transfiguration Courtyard

-Hit the banners in the hallway to drop this one

-Behind a spiderweb in the wall

-Past the door near the first banner you have to jump to hit, moving away from the Viaduct, down the hall to the right above the door at the bottom of the stairs(the door goes into the Transfiguration Courtyard)

Edited by rianbattle

just found this one myself, this guide is mising it, you use the nearby boulder to knock it down.

also, some of your instructions are a little confusing. you have use the where is list for the locations but for example, when you get taken to the astronomy tower, nick takes you up the tower itself yet your guide includes the room below and the corridor outside. if you could make this guide a little clearer it would be brilliant but in my opinion a little more description is needed.

overall a good guide

P.S. get the above crest and you only need one more!!!! :)

Rianbattle,

i was wondering if you could bold or somehow highlight the the last 2 that you find. i have been stuck at 149 crest for a day now, i used your guide to double check, but it looks like we are both still missing the same one. it would just be a little easier to find if you did due to this message board not having a "last edited" viewer.

Thanks for the guide!

i'm fairly sure it is. by the time i hit my last crest, i had about 25600 mini-crests.

I can confirm>

1000=7

1250=8

1500=9

2000=10

2500=11

3000=12

4000=13

5000=14

6250=15

7500=16

9000=17

10500=18

12250=19

14000=20

16000=21

18000=22

20250=23

22500=24

25000=25 Mini crests

Hazz3r,

i am also missing one too. where is this boulder that you talking about?

the person who was above my last post talked about one of the crests that is stuck high on the wall of the boat house nearest the castle. I was merely saying that to get it, you must use a boulder or rock to knock it down

Thanks for the list it allowed me to pick up my last 3 I missed. Just 3 more to go (all mini crest ones:( )

I din't see this one mentioned so if it was sorry:

Use the portrait shortcut to get to the training grounds. Inside this stairwell are a few windows. Look through the windows and you should see a crest up on a wall. Use the flower pot below to hit the crest. You can also see the crest from the ground level, if you leave the stairwell, round the corner and head up the steps. Turn around and it is one the wall there. I saw this posted on this site in another thread but didn't see it posted here.

I think this might be the last one:

In the Viaduct Hallway it's just above the doorway directly behind the first banner you have to hit, there's a bench a little further into the room you can use to hit it down with.

I didn't see this one mentioned so it might be the last one then

cool, i'll check it out tonight or in the morning and add it to the guide. thanks to everyone for helping out so far.

if you have any suggestions on how to better organize the guide or describe locations better please let me know...i might play back through the game one more time and separate the locations even further into hallways and such

EDIT: Unfortunately the one that High Knight mentioned is the first one listed under Viaduct Hallway, the door leading to Transfiguration Courtyard is the one right next to the first banner you have to hit, but if you go through that door, away from the Viaduct, and make a right, the crest right above that door that leads straight to the Transfiguration Courtyard has the last crest above it, don't know how I missed this one

Edited by rianbattle

Lol, I'm an Idiot. I got the one in viaduct which was just found thinking it was the first one which is listed.

Anyway thank you all for helping and thankyou rianbattle for this excellent guide. Thanks to you, I got 1000 gamerpoints within 24 hours of first playing the game. Thank you again. :)

Edited by I HAZZ3R I