Impressions on the Hunter Editon

ODST Kayne

By now, if you've been following the game you know about Hunter Edition! It comes with:

4 multiplayer maps before they are released to the public:

DOCKS

OUTPOST

MACHINE

HIVE

A fully articulated Facehugger model

Hardcover AvP graphic novel from Dark Horse Comics featuring the original comic that started it all Weyland Yutani sleeve badge

3D lenticular postcard

Now what do you all think of the $100.00 price tag? I really want the steel case, and the hardcover novel looks great. The facehugger looks good too, but i don't know if that warrants a hundred bucks. What do you guys think?

I am considering the Hunter edition just for the bonus Maps, but is that worth the extra $40? I can put that extra money towards BioShock 2!

That's what i was going to do. And to the two other posts....this was a thread to see what you guys thought of it, not just if you pre-ordered it. I have 60 bucks donw on the game while i debate whether or not to upgrade. A postcard, 4 maps, a graphic novel, and essentially, a flying vagina. I might go for it.

Excuse me while i explain myself....

See your post gave off the impression that you were asking if people thought the 100 bucks was worth it. By me saying that I had it pre-ordered two weeks ago, the intent was to say that i had no problem with the price whatsoever. This was further emphasized by the "nuff said" I added at the end.

...a flying vagina...

I just pre-ordered the Hunter Edition because of your comment!

Anyone know the dimensions of the "Flying Vagina", aka Face Hugger model? If it is action figure size its not worth it, but if it is real size and I can run down the street with it on my face and scare people it could be worth the extra $40!

and essentially, a flying vagina. I might go for it.

OMFG you sir have made my day! Ive had a terrible morning and night with damn toothache but you just made me ROFL!

I do really like the Stellcase but you can that with the other edition for an extra £5-10 (I forget what its called) Are the maps exclusive to the hunter edition or will they be DLC in the future?

Other than that im to bovered about the Facehugger, If it was an Alien/Preadtor model or bust then that would be a different matter but imo i dont think the facehugger warrants an extra £30/$50. Id much rather buy the Bioshock 2 limited edition (Which i have pre-ordered :p)

Anyone know the dimensions of the "Flying Vagina", aka Face Hugger model? If it is action figure size its not worth it, but if it is real size and I can run down the street with it on my face and scare people it could be worth the extra $40!

From the pictures I've seen of the overall box, I would say it's a good size because of how it is sitting in the box.

Here's a big pic so you can see what I mean.

http://www.gamalive.com/images/fiches/1224-alien-vs-predator-hunter-edition.jpg

Edited by VladimirK

All these collectors editions with fancy boxes and little booklets are the same. At the end of the day you buy the game to play unless you are a collector and are going to keep it sealed so balls to the rest of the rubbish you get with it.

Haha, you can still be a collector and break the seal.

I know that I am. :p

I don't care about the resell value of something that I never plan on selling, so why not open it and enjoy it more?

.....Are the maps exclusive to the hunter edition or will they be DLC in the future?......

They will be exclusive to the Hunter Edition for the first month, then made publicly available. Also, I read an article somewhere that said they will not actually come with the Hunter Edition all at once, but rather, they will be released one per week for the first month after the game launches. I wish I could remember where i saw that so I could cite it. I thought it was pretty messed up at first, but then I realized that we probably won't be able to play on them anyway because really, what are the odds of getting into a full lobby of people who bought the Hunter Edition anyway?

They will be exclusive to the Hunter Edition for the first month, then made publicly available. Also, I read an article somewhere that said they will not actually come with the Hunter Edition all at once, but rather, they will be released one per week for the first month after the game launches.

Was it not that you would get them with the Hunter edition immediately, but you would get one per week after release if you never got the hunter edition?

I'm sure I seen it on here on the frontpage.

Was it not that you would get them with the Hunter edition immediately, but you would get one per week after release if you never got the hunter edition?

I'm sure I seen it on here on the frontpage.

You could be right. That was my impression but I honestly don't know for sure. All I know for certain is that all 4 will be made publicly available shortly after release.

i went to my local gamestop to pre order this and they told me that they are no longer accepting pre orders on this. i was so pissed. but gamestop.com says they still have it so WTF? but an answer to your question i was going to get it because i feel that its a good deal...

i went to my local gamestop to pre order this and they told me that they are no longer accepting pre orders on this. i was so pissed. but gamestop.com says they still have it so WTF? but an answer to your question i was going to get it because i feel that its a good deal...

I think they cut it off from the stores for some reason. My local Gamestop stopped accepting Hunter Edition pre-orders either today or yesterday too.