My Gears of War DLC is not showing up

mistermoravec

Perhaps this is not the right place to ask for help, but I know this is the place that I can get the most help.

I purchased the season pass a couple days before the horde pack came out. I downloaded the horde pack and played through it a couple times. I then downloaded the booster pack and never played multiplayer. I then downloaded the raam pack when it came out and finally got to playing it yesterday. Today four of my friends and I tried to get the zeta horde achievement. I loaded up my game and none of my dlc is showing up. I have a couple characters from preordering, buying the special edition xbox, a gun skin from jack in the box, and all of the season pass stuff released thus far. However, none of this stuff is showing up. I first noticed it when I went to switch my character to one of the zeta people. Only Jace was available (available prior to dlc). When the host went to start the game I was booted out because I didn't have the dlc. It brought me to a screen to redownload the booster pack. That didn't work.

I've tried deleting all season pass stuff and redownloading it.

Clearing the hard drive cache.

Moving my game save to a usb stick and trying to start a new one.

None of these attempts work. I cannot see any of my dlc in the game and it in the campaign menu it shows a link for me to download the raam dlc at 1200 pts.

The raam dlc was working yesterday when I played through that.

Any suggestions?

Edited by mistermoravec
clarification

Whilst you've got it downloaded, make a new profile, doesn't matter if it's gold/silver membership (or not at all) try seeing if that profile can load the content, it should be able to because the DLC licence is assigned to your xbox (Unless you downloaded it on another xbox first?)

If that doesn't work, on your main profile load the game but disconnect from xbox live see if that gives you any results

I can't think of any other suggestions that may help you, as I can't see why it's not letting you access your content, (have you checked if the files are corrupting at all?)

Might be a better idea going on the epic forums and seeing if a mod over there can give you a hand

Hope I've been able to help, and good luck

thanks for the suggestions. Here's what I've tried since my last post. This gets strange.

1. Deleted my profile from my hard drive (wow it was 45 mbs)

Redownloaded it (now only 16)--Loaded up game and dlc still not showing up

2. I've tried 2 other profiles. My wifes gold membership profile which does have a gow3 save did not work. A dummy silver profile without a game save did not work.

This is where it gets interesting.

3. I redownloaded everything on another one of my xboxes. Everything shows up and works.

4. I go back to the xbox that it was originally downloaded on and which the material is licensed to and the dlc still does not show up.

5. I log off of my profile and onto a friends profile, which purchased the season pass on his xbox at his house, load up GOW3 and everything shows up.

I'm lost. I've already created a profile at epicgames and I am now waiting for a moderating to accept give me access to the forums. none of the dlc show as corrupt.

Edited by mistermoravec

There are only two things I can think of.Have you tried re-downloading /transferring your licences to your main console?Im pretty sure your profile is missing some validation keys or other things after you deleted it.

As a rule of thumb,Deleting your profile seems risky.I had a friend lose some content that way.Personaly,Id move the profile to a memory card then re-download the profile.You said your profile was reduced in size so, I'm sure that might be it.

There are only two things I can think of.Have you tried re-downloading /transferring your licences to your main console?Im pretty sure your profile is missing some validation keys or other things after you deleted it.

As a rule of thumb,Deleting your profile seems risky.I had a friend lose some content that way.Personaly,Id move the profile to a memory card then re-download the profile.You said your profile was reduced in size so, I'm sure that might be it.

I only deleted it and redownloaded after I started having these problems. However, I was an idiot when I deleted it. It was on a usb memory stick and I could have just as easily taken it out and downloaded it onto the hard drive. We'll see.

did you download your season pass on a seperate xbox ? If so you may need to do a liscence transfer

The xbox having problems is the original xbox I downloaded the season pass to. I tried redownloading everything to a second xbox without doing an actual license transfer; it worked on the second xbox, but it is still not working on the first xbox. The first xbox (used to pay for and originally download the season pass and the dlc) is the one with the license to use the material. I want it to work on that xbox(the original one used to download the season pass). That is the one my wife and I both use and the one that gets used when people come over. It is the one we download everything to.

From what you've added it looks like a licence transfer issue, just google "xbox 360 licence transfer" you'll get asked to log in, do you agree etc etc, then you'll get half an hour to redownload all the content you downloaded elsewhere to download all your licences (Also you can only do this once per year!)

I'm waiting to do the license transfer to my new gow3 xbox, but I wanted to fill up my slim first. This is stupid though. I shouldn't have to transfer the license because the license should already belong to the xbox I originally downloaded it on. The only reason I even redownloaded it was to see if it worked. I was shocked that it did. I've completely deleting the entire gow 3 folder from my xbox and redownloading everything from within gow. However, now the season pass is not showing up in the list of 94 items from within the games marketplace menu. I've been through the menu five or six times and the season pass is no longer there. I've tried redownloading from my download history, but that is not working. I am starting to wonder if the season pass has become fubar'd on the server the past couple of days

Problem solved, I think. I ended up moving my game save and all of the small dlc to my wife's usb memory card and deleting the entire gear of war 3 folder from the hard drive. I then REMOVED my wife's memory unit from the xbox. I redownloaded just the season pass to my xbox. At this point the only gow3 item on any memory source connected to my xbox was the season pass. I booted up the game and tada I get a prompt to download new season pass content. I then realized it had to be some file that was on my wife's usb memory card that was preventing that from popping (which is weird because I always thought it just loaded stuff from the hard drive or memory unit selected when the game boots up). I ended up copying one thing over at a time, then removing my wife's usb memory card and rebooting the game.

I narrowed it down to the file "commando dom" I don't even know where that came from. I know I had mechanic baird from best buy, adam fenix from the gow 3 console, and griffin from something else, but I have no idea when or where I got this commando dom marketplace file. I'm now redownloading all of the larger dlc and hopefully this will work.

Lesson learned: a simple 52kb non-game save dlc file saved on a memory unit that does not hold either the gamerprofile used, the season pass, or any of the other game related material and NOT selected at the boot up of the game can screw up the season pass content.

It only took me 3-4 hours of fiddling with different combinations to figure this out. I think I have redownloaded that 2gb raam file at least six times in the past 24 hours.

Okay, upon further research it looks like the commando dom was a gamestop exclusive and it is not in my download history, so I had not downloaded it. A couple of my friends got their games at gamestop, so I wonder if when they play on my xbox with their profile if the unlock key was autodownloaded and somehow was screwing with my season pass. I don't know. I just know that I have completely deleted the commando dom file and everything is back to normal now. Thanks for all of your suggestions and I hope my trials may be able to help someone in the future.