This is DLC for which Battlefield?

Kollawona007

It's ok. It's not a stupid question. I'm sure you've heard, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. Battlefield 1943 is actually and old game they are bringing back to put on the arcade for download. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

This isnt an "old" game. It's a new game. It's based on the era of !942, but it has the japanese and american's as opposed to the axis and allies from 1942.

Also this game uses Frostbite 1.5 Engine (not 2.0 which will be seen in Bad Company 2).

Their has been no "official" release date yet, but it looks more and more likely that July 8th will be the launch date. Still, its just speculation. I have linked the FAQ on the OFFICIAL website for you to peruse.

Link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2117599#post2117599

Edited by Skidillydoo

This isnt an "old" game. It's a new game. It's based on the era of !942, but it has the japanese and american's as opposed to the axis and allies from 1942.

Actully it is an old game, but with a graphics overhaul and 1943 put there to show they have updated an old, classic game.

The levels are taken from the very first Battlefield game, Battlefiled 1942 which came out on the PC IN 2002.

The levels in this version from what I have seem look like Wake Island (one of my favorite maps) and Iwo Jima. Not sure about the third.

They seem to have stuck with the Pacific levels from the orgianal.

Wake Island was not in the original Battlefield 1942. It was a "community created map" that was made for the BF1942 and later inherited by DICE. Now before you start commenting about this statement, just remind yourself that Wake Island was made BY THE COMMUNITY for a BF1942. It was never released with the game itself. The map however is now shipped with the "Complete Edition" that has all the expansion packs aswell.

This game was built from "ground up" as an "experiment". If you had watched the interview with the lead games developer then you would know this.

Just to point out that this isa NEW game. No other battlefield game uses the "frostbite 1.5" engine. Bad company used 1.0, Bad company 2 will be using 2.0 and BF2 and BF2142 and BF1942 uses different versions of the "Refractor Game Engine". Even Battlefield heroes uses the Refractor Game Engine.

So il rephrase once more, this is a "new game". Albeit some of the maps are "reworked" but from what ive seen their are MASSIVE changes to the likes of Wake Island.

Edited by Skidillydoo

I never knew Wake was a community map that got added.

I just always assumed it was one of the maps that was made for the game as it was always there.

In interviews they said they took the levels and added and removed things and added the Frostbite Engine.

In my opinion, its just a overhauled remake of a classic.

I do agree about the overhaul, alot if not all the idea's have come from the success of BF1942 (which in my opinion was the best Battlefield game to date, and had a great modding community, something that Battlefield 2 and 1942 lacks. Never played vietnam much, was more of an "inbetween" game.) but the game was built from scratch, only the weapons and vehicles i was aware have been imported which is why the Japanese have the German sniper instead of the Arkansa. I will enjoy playing Wake Island as ive probably clocked over 500 hours on that map alone on BF2, and even some more that are unclocked on BF1942. Eitherway, get your biggles flying goggles on and prepared to be shot down in a blaze of glory :)

alrighty, i just went to wiki and the games official website because you all were confusing me as to wether or not the game was "new" or "old school". i was about to post that i think that there were just a lot of younger people posting here that it was a new game because they werent around for the old school titles, which is what i thought it was.

but after a little research, it is a new title (which is a shame because i was hoping it o.s.), that used battlefield 2 or bc (im not sure) as references for the maps. 24-player online only battles with classes and vehicles (3 of each to be exact). you also apparently unlock a map for one of their new games when the community reaches a certain amount of kills as a whole.

got my hopes up for the classic but it still looks like a sweet game anyway, 1200 points not bad either for the game type and mp size. chieves look non-frustrating as well. looks like a good buy. even if i dont care about the new map, didnt much care for any of the new battlefield games for some time now. but this type of game, mp size and class system, is always fun. i.e. team fortress 2, and others. endless fun.

Edited by RoyallFreshness